What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Illusion

Bench
Anyone who thinks we can get a SOO forward and potentially another player in a swap deal for Hunt will be sadly mistaken.

Hunt is 34 and playing Hooker at SOO and even then sharing the role and not playing dominant minutes.

His value to other clubs is being vastly over rated.

A youngish highly skilled SOO forward is worth lots more to a team than getting an ageing club half back that isn’t in the top tier of half’s and says he doesn’t want to play Hooker (would be lucky to last 50 minutes a game if he played a full season at 9)

We paid substantial overs when he came and also substantial overs when we retained him and that sad reality is about to play out.

He will be either let go and we will get precious little in compensation or we will keep him in on big $$$$$$$$ and stuff up our cap with a player that doesn’t want to be in or n fact belong in our jersey.
This x 2 .......

Gardenia

Bench
I think we need to hold back on the short-term Amone praise until we see how he goes without a genuine halfback.

Sullivan potentially being out for the season, really puts a lot more emphasis on Hunt showing up to play 7 for the rest of the year.... the big moment will be, who gets to play on the right? If Amone is the future.. I think its time he got his preferred side, Hunt isnt even running the ball anymore anyway.

The only other option is MBye..
Mbye whilst on the slow side, has a better attitude then Hunt. Seems to be a nice fellow so Id prefer him since our season is done anyway. Amone has promise but Id rather not have someone like him in our side. We need to polish and improve on culture.

justadragon

Bench
Mbye whilst on the slow side, has a better attitude then Hunt. Seems to be a nice fellow so Id prefer him since our season is done anyway. Amone has promise but Id rather not have someone like him in our side. We need to polish and improve on culture.
Ultimately Gardenia, he's just a kid and yes he deserves whats coming to him, but in his defence he didnt have much to look up to with his father as a role model, if he has learnt the error of his way he deserves a second chance.

Dragon David

First Grade
What our new coach wants and what we eventually end up with will be like chalk and cheese I bet. I was hoping that we could get this Ipape from Leigh but he has turned us down. I cannot see Tino coming. We will get guys but they won't be the top ones I don't think but I'm still living in hope that Flanno will have enough pull to get better than average ones not like the discards and rejects of yesteryear.

TheRev

Coach
What our new coach wants and what we eventually end up with will be like chalk and cheese I bet. I was hoping that we could get this Ipape from Leigh but he has turned us down. I cannot see Tino coming. We will get guys but they won't be the top ones I don't think but I'm still living in hope that Flanno will have enough pull to get better than average ones not like the discards and rejects of yesteryear.
100%.. the club has really set us back by taking probably 1.5-2yrs too long to change a failing coach.. and with so many clubs on the up, its gonna be a really tough job for Flanno to attract talent.. not to mention there isnt really any talent on the market at this late stage.. we needed to be in the market from November last year..

If we can overpay Tino though, or someone of that calibre.. it really can change the way other players see us.. I dont mind that we didnt get ipape.. I think KFlan will be a better fit, a natural 14 that can cover Sullivan if hes injured.. I think we really need him tbh.

teza

Juniors
We desperately need a top class hooker so targets now, or when they come off contract should be: Robson, Egan,
Kenny or either of the Brailey brothers. Ben Hunt should be released immediately and the salary saved put into securing 2 really good props. Moses Suli should be released ASAP- he looks totally disinterested and exhibits poor body language. Amone- well the courts might have the final say on his future. Loved the play of Ethan Strange & Ethan Sanders in under 19 SOO, although in other clubs' systems worth keeping an eye on for the future. Our own also Savelio Tamale played well.

Draginzaaar

Bench
We desperately need a top class hooker so targets now, or when they come off contract should be: Robson, Egan,
Kenny or either of the Brailey brothers. Ben Hunt should be released immediately and the salary saved put into securing 2 really good props. Moses Suli should be released ASAP- he looks totally disinterested and exhibits poor body language. Amone- well the courts might have the final say on his future. Loved the play of Ethan Strange & Ethan Sanders in under 19 SOO, although in other clubs' systems worth keeping an eye on for the future. Our own also Savelio Tamale played well.
The Newcastle Brailey hasn't played much in 3 years. Somehow he's their captain.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Did someone say on here Hame Sele ??
Honest but already been here
Like Lyndsay Smith from the Panthers
Strapping Young front rower who goes all day
Plenty of upside with him , and would compliment our Dragon Cubs coming through
The Haas , Fifita , Tino Circus is just that ...None will be going anywhere ...Just bumpimg up their own price at the current Clubs
Thinking there will be a fire sale at the Sharks prior to Seasons End
Might be able to pick the bones out of there ;);)

Latest posts