What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

qld redvee

Juniors
Tyrell Fuimaono Tautau Moga Billy Burns and Nick Lui - Tosos have been told they will not be re-signed for season 2024

Ben Murdoch - Masila has been told he is free to look elsewhere for season 2024

Rumour also circulating that Flanagan is also considering potentially moving on Max Feagai
thanks for the info Big rig pretty sure first 4 all off contract so its only BMM that is contracted for 24 .
Obviously players that dont "meet" flannos criteria are being moved on - hopefully to be replaced with better players who will both better the squad and results . Just hope he gets who he wants and doesnt just jump on cattle being shopped around time will tell

TheRev

Coach
If some of these players get picked up (the ones in contract), we have a lot of names to sign! I dont remember a period quite like this.. where a bunch of teams are giving players permission to go out and seek opportunities.. its almost an unofficial trade window.

lombard

Juniors
Tyrell Fuimaono Tautau Moga Billy Burns and Nick Lui - Tosos have been told they will not be re-signed for season 2024

Ben Murdoch - Masila has been told he is free to look elsewhere for season 2024

Rumour also circulating that Flanagan is also considering potentially moving on Max Feagai
Throw in Jaiyden Hunt and Musgrove who are also free to look around.
On top of this we have Ramsey who may have to medically retire in the off season and Jack Bird who has shot knees.

BIG RIG

Juniors
No Problem

All this info was told on 2GB so I would assume it’s coming from a good source lol

Max Feagai on the other hand is just as I said a rumour that I’ve heard , but a rumour which I do think is not true
thanks for the info Big rig pretty sure first 4 all off contract so its only BMM that is contracted for 24 .
Obviously players that dont "meet" flannos criteria are being moved on - hopefully to be replaced with better players who will both better the squad and results . Just hope he gets who he wants and doesnt just jump on cattle being shopped around time will tell

Wolfgang90

Juniors
RFM would be a horrible signing. He's been poor this year & has not been the same player post injuries. He also reportedly has had attitude issues at the dogs which is disappointing if true. Honestly, this would be a move that Hook would make & get ridiculed for but if Flanno is doing it then it's a smart move according to some people. As much as I liked RFM (pre-injury) he isn't the recruit for us. It would be a salary dump from the bulldogs which only helps their scope for recruitment. The only reason I would take RFM is if they also sent us one of their touted youngsters.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
We shouldn't be blinded by Flanno & believe all his moves are correct. A lot of people did the same thing with Hook & look how that ended up for us. We still need to fix our recruitment team, one person won't change this club. Hopefully most of Flanno recruitment decisions work out well for us but I wouldn't be going over the top with the Flanno lovefest that I'm seeing from plenty of dragons fans. It would be wise to lower our expectations...

BLM01

First Grade
We shouldn't be blinded by Flanno & believe all his moves are correct. A lot of people did the same thing with Hook & look how that ended up for us. We still need to fix our recruitment team, one person won't change this club. Hopefully most of Flanno recruitment decisions work out well for us but I wouldn't be going over the top with the Flanno lovefest that I'm seeing from plenty of dragons fans. It would be wise to lower our expectations...
Agree I was one with Hook and I will go the same with Flanno
Call it out when it don’t work
But until then like Hook we had to give it a go at least before we cast out what he is or doing as crap
And know they don’t get all decisions right but that goes for all coaches including the best

BLM01

First Grade
RFM would be a horrible signing. He's been poor this year & has not been the same player post injuries. He also reportedly has had attitude issues at the dogs which is disappointing if true. Honestly, this would be a move that Hook would make & get ridiculed for but if Flanno is doing it then it's a smart move according to some people. As much as I liked RFM (pre-injury) he isn't the recruit for us. It would be a salary dump from the bulldogs which only helps their scope for recruitment. The only reason I would take RFM is if they also sent us one of their touted youngsters.
Was not RFM offered to us not the other way round?

BLM01

First Grade
As
Hopefully Deano brings a couple of Cowboy young ones down with him. They have a stack of big mobile forwards, crafty halves, and speedy outside backs up there with a much better chance of reaching NRL with us. Oh, and Tom Dearden too please Deano....he is still a free agent after Nov 1
As long as it is not Townsend, Hiku or Hess

BLM01

First Grade
Abd I agree with all of them, as a matter of fact he can take both Feagai's
I think Matt had some upside as a player
His defence is poor ATM but that could be the system they are using as he is not alone
He also does not get any early ball from Suli in space as Sulis job is to skittle.no different to our mate EA
They should look to cut out Suli More often with a long range pass because he’s a target for defence that is if we can fo that without telegraphing it 10 seconds prior

justadragon

Bench
There were alarm bells ringing with Hook about a year into it, at least with Flanno he is doing what we all wanted, and that was to put players on notice and clean the place out. He obviously knows that if he F%$Ks up this is the end of the road. I think he knows what he wants and he is going to get it, the club has obviously given him their blessing to go ahead. Either you are with us and have the goods or see yah !!!

Latest posts