What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

justadragon

Bench
Flano disagrees then as he was with them all last season.
CC
Correct CC, and this is what I dont get, some forum members here think he is hopeless, but if Flanno spent the last 12 months watching him every week, why would he go out and bring him to the Dragons if he is a dud, Flanno has his job on the line as well. I'm not doubting the other members they must have their own proof, but it always feels like piggy in the middle with who ever we get.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Correct CC, and this is what I dont get, some forum members here think he is hopeless, but if Flanno spent the last 12 months watching him every week, why would he go out and bring him to the Dragons if he is a dud, Flanno has his job on the line as well. I'm not doubting the other members they must have their own proof, but it always feels like piggy in the middle with who ever we get.
Some people just know more than a Premiership winning coach, yeah?

Victoire

Juniors
This is a pretty reductive way to discuss player recruits. I'm all for having faith in Flanno, and believe he'll improve the team immeasurable... but he's not infallible... especially with regards to recruitment where he has made numerous mistakes already at this club.

I just think we should be aiming higher, especially if we're offering multi-year deals (which we seem to be in this case). We need to aim for proper first graders - at a minimum - and rep players preferably. Tuipulotu is about to turn 23 and still only plays NRL when Manly have injuries. Then there's the whole pride jersey fiasco, when he refused to play for his club because they had a fkn rainbow on their jersey. Ridiculous shit.

As I said, give Finau a crack.

BLM01

First Grade
Yep.
Am I over the moon with these signings? No depth quality only
Do I trust Flanno? At this stage Yes he knows what he is doing and supporters don’t know any better
Did we need players for 24? Yes desperately not the coaches fault and who else was available for depth or 1st grade
Let’s give this regime (coaching mob) time
We have 14 players off contract at the end of this year.
Recruitment for 25 / 26 in motion.
We are in there trying, just need to grab 1 of the goodens over the line to start the trend to success again.
I am on board the Flanno bus for now even though we are going round and round the same route it seems

BLM01

First Grade
This is a pretty reductive way to discuss player recruits. I'm all for having faith in Flanno, and believe he'll improve the team immeasurable... but he's not infallible... especially with regards to recruitment where he has made numerous mistakes already at this club.

I just think we should be aiming higher, especially if we're offering multi-year deals (which we seem to be in this case). We need to aim for proper first graders - at a minimum - and rep players preferably. Tuipulotu is about to turn 23 and still only plays NRL when Manly have injuries. Then there's the whole pride jersey fiasco, when he refused to play for his club because they had a fkn rainbow on their jersey. Ridiculous shit.

What numerous mistakes has Flanno made and why at our club ?.. judged on what?
Your political views?.
Now that is ridiculous
No one had said he is infallible or won’t make mistakes.
You will likely get your wish re Finau
See how he trials

Draginzaaar

Bench

We've aimed higher and got nothing. What else can he do?

Victoire

Juniors
What numerous mistakes has Flanno made and why at our club ?.. judged on what?
Getting gazumped by Cronulla for Fonua-Blake just days after offering these quotes:
"a fair bit of dialogue"
"was hoping for a decision before Christmas"
“(If Fonua-Blake signs) I am sure Ben won’t want to go anywhere"
“He would be enormous. It could be the start of the turnaround,
“We need some elite representative-type players and in my opinion he is one of the best front rowers in the game."

Making a similarly public display of targeting Dearden, before failing.

He even admitted this approach was a mistake:
“I’m going to pull my head in a bit … I don’t want to go into those conversations as much now because we’re putting our head out there to get punched again.

Might also mention the release of Sullivan... and the signing of Volkman but these perhaps aren't as egregious

dungay dragon

Juniors
To be fair Dragon D, fairly sure @dungay dragon eluded to this move and Manly wanting to sign Nathan Brown around a week or so back.
Cheers Desperate
Hopefully more to come with plenty behind the scenes agitation at Cowboys with JT and Townsend , while Fafita at the Titans has a get out clause in his favour after either round 6 or 10 ..
Townsend was said to be happy up North , but there has been chatter of him being shopped about , even Super League , while the JT/Payten ongoing stoush bubbles away , with now the Captaincy being taken off him ..No one likes being sacked as skipper
"Stay Tuned" Clubs still tinkering with rosters even at this late stage as the new season is only a month away......

FlickFlano

Juniors
All good comments but I'm hoping that Twiggy as principle backer (unfortunately not till '25) will enable us to pursue the more elite player. That clearly didn't happen with WIN's involvement as I thought and hoped it would have. They're more a comatose rather than silent partner!
I have hope.
You know it’s an immediate salary cap breach for a club sponsor to give extra money to a player right?