What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

SAP58

Juniors
I just noticed Nick Meaney is off contract this year. Turned 26 last September, really stepped up last year in his second year at the Storm. He's safe under the high ball, averages nearly 150mtrs a game, 10 tries, 11 assists, kicks goals and comes from a good system. I'm kind of surprised the Storm haven't re-signed him given wonder boy Pap's propensity for injury.
I think Sloan is going to be a star fullback, I have faith but if he fails to live up to expectations Meaney could be an option - I mean there's not a lot of fb's on the market. Manu isn't interested I don't think, his team mates off contract this year - Suualii and Tupou would be good but unlikely.
I reckon Isaiah Tass, also off contract, from the Bunnies would be a good buy for centre if Lomax were to make a good fb convert. Great hands and good footwork.
We have Ben Rumble !

Divine

Bench
Sloan may very well make a good 6 however, the skills he struggles with right now at fullback would also inhibit his performance at 6. So if Flanno was to go that way, it would have to be through reserve grade.
Flanno's (or someone) gotta put his arm around Tyrell and say "Son, you're a winger." Otherwise he'll go the way of the duf-duf.

TheRev

First Grade
Rumble is a definite maybe.. probably the most exciting out of that Jersey Flegg side last year, but so far to go to prove he can do it at NSW Cup level (which may not even be this year.. but I reckon at some point it will be).

It's only the fans getting worked up though, they hear a name and the whisperes turn into some sort of false reality, but Flanno doesnt seem to be making the mistakes of previous coaches in rushing kids who need to move up grade by grade.. as the rushing can ruin their career trajectory (Dufty, Sloan, Amone, Sullivan etc). Right now Sloan can do all of those things Rumble is doing and he has years of first grade experience..

Maybe on the wing, Rumble or Williams could get an earlier call up, I think it would come back to the clubs injury run during the year, as to whether either of these 2 get promoted early into NSW Cup.

He has a really cool name though.

jak

Bench
Rumble is a definite maybe.. probably the most exciting out of that Jersey Flegg side last year, but so far to go to prove he can do it at NSW Cup level (which may not even be this year.. but I reckon at some point it will be).

It's only the fans getting worked up though, they hear a name and the whisperes turn into some sort of false reality, but Flanno doesnt seem to be making the mistakes of previous coaches in rushing kids who need to move up grade by grade.. as the rushing can ruin their career trajectory (Dufty, Sloan, Amone, Sullivan etc). Right now Sloan can do all of those things Rumble is doing and he has years of first grade experience..

Maybe on the wing, Rumble or Williams could get an earlier call up, I think it would come back to the clubs injury run during the year, as to whether either of these 2 get promoted early into NSW Cup.

He has a really cool name though.
would have to be barney rumble wouldn't it

Latest posts