What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Draginzaaar

Bench
NRL outpoints AFL on Foxsports every year. Yes, they draw bigger crowds to games but the money is in TV viewing.
I have always wondered why with every AFL club having thousands of members, some with over 100,000. Why are these clubs not super rich? They are no richer than the Broncos, or Roosters or even Parra. They have had clubs almost go broke and others had to merge or relocate. Makes no sense to me.

Trifili13

Juniors
I have always wondered why with every AFL club having thousands of members, some with over 100,000. Why are these clubs not super rich? They are no richer than the Broncos, or Roosters or even Parra. They have had clubs almost go broke and others had to merge or relocate. Makes no sense to me.
I'd say it's to do with poker machines not being as widespread as in NSW. I think most AFL clubs have some form of club house but they are not reliant on pokies as the leagues and other large clubs in NSW are.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Manly and Roosters are so desperate to go back to Vegas next year (both realise the monetary windfall involved) they have convinced Braith Anasta to push their wagon on NRL 360 on the basis as the two winning teams, they have earnt the right to go back.
Braith you are better than this!
Is he better than this??- I"ve always found Anasta to be pretty basic sort of guy with strong Rooster bias, who, through Peter's principal, has landed a talking head position ahead of others such as Mick Ennis who is a much more balanced, articulate and incisive commentator.

Re Vegas, I am wondering if simply playing NRL matches for the next five years will be enough to make a major dent in the US viewing market. This might take some persuading with the ESL, but I would be inclined to play the World Club Challenge in Vegas as something to grab the attention of the Yanks. They love anything with the word World in it and Poms v Aussies-the Yanks and Aussies were both colonised by the Poms so they'd be "rooting" (American meaning) for us.

Sage63

Juniors
Is he better than this??- I"ve always found Anasta to be pretty basic sort of guy with strong Rooster bias, who, through Peter's principal, has landed a talking head position ahead of others such as Mick Ennis who is a much more balanced, articulate and incisive commentator.

Re Vegas, I am wondering if simply playing NRL matches for the next five years will be enough to make a major dent in the US viewing market. This might take some persuading with the ESL, but I would be inclined to play the World Club Challenge in Vegas as something to grab the attention of the Yanks. They love anything with the word World in it and Poms v Aussies-the Yanks and Aussies were both colonised by the Poms so they'd be "rooting" (American meaning) for us.
I"ve always found Anasta to be pretty basic sort of guy with strong Rooster bias, who, through Peter's principal, has landed a talking head position ahead of others such as Mick Ennis who is a much more balanced, articulate and incisive commentator."
Right on!
Not only that, his eyes are too close together, although I wouldn't hold that against him.

Dragon David

First Grade

One day of rugby league with 2 games being played on that day is done and dusted for 2024 and forgotten by the locals as far as I am concerned. Will they be waiting with bated breath for the next one day round in 2025 and so on? I doubt it. The people over there will be having to remember how the game is played seeing that it is just one day's worth of footy and the rules keep changing every year.

Maybe the better thing to do before the next game is to get Rupert to arrange a dedicated TV channel on Foxsports over there to show the games that we see here all during autumn, winter and some spring time so that the people in the US who love watching sport can see it and get more of an understanding of the game etc.

I can understand that our local media people are saying that the games played over the past weekend (Saturday US time) was a massive success and bring on 2025 and why not have this years winners return for 2025 because they deserve it. Well Hallelujah and whoopee dee, I think that there will be fewer people actually watching the games over there next time and the NRL will be fudging the attendance and tv viewers numbers to make it look good.

hewi

Bench
registered-breach-pixel

NRL 2024: Dragons star Zac Lomax privately unhappy over positional switch | Sport Confidential​

While he has been saying all the right things publicly, Dragons star Zac Lomax is reportedly unhappy over a positional switch, after Shane Flanagan shifted the former centre to the wing.
Michael Carayannis and Brent Read

less than 2 min read
March 6, 2024 - 6:00PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://archive.md/SYq25/again?url=.../0582a88787666a949fe6ca969b970713#share-tools

St George Illawarra outside back Zac Lomax remains unconvinced about his positional switch with Dragons officials aware that Lomax is unsettled.
Lomax has been shifted from his regular home at centre to the wing to start the season but has not been overly keen on the move.
Dragons officials are aware star Zac Lomax is unconvinced about his positional switch to the wing. Picture: Getty Images

Dragons officials are aware star Zac Lomax is unconvinced about his positional switch to the wing. Picture: Getty Images
While publicly Lomax has said all the right things – that he is happy to play in any position for the team – it is understood he has significant reservations about slotting in on the flank.
New coach Shane Flanagan has preferred Jack Bird and Moses Suli at centre to start the season.

More Coverage​

Lomax is in the midst of a mega contract which does not expire until the end of 2026 – worth about $800,000 a season. A mooted switch to fullback has yet to happen.
He is still just 24 and has played 93 games.
Lomax was dropped by former coach Anthony Griffin to NSW Cup last season.

DfL

Juniors
View attachment 84812

NRL 2024: Dragons star Zac Lomax privately unhappy over positional switch | Sport Confidential​

While he has been saying all the right things publicly, Dragons star Zac Lomax is reportedly unhappy over a positional switch, after Shane Flanagan shifted the former centre to the wing.
Michael Carayannis and Brent Read

less than 2 min read
March 6, 2024 - 6:00PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://archive.md/SYq25/again?url=.../0582a88787666a949fe6ca969b970713#share-tools

St George Illawarra outside back Zac Lomax remains unconvinced about his positional switch with Dragons officials aware that Lomax is unsettled.
Lomax has been shifted from his regular home at centre to the wing to start the season but has not been overly keen on the move.

While publicly Lomax has said all the right things – that he is happy to play in any position for the team – it is understood he has significant reservations about slotting in on the flank.
New coach Shane Flanagan has preferred Jack Bird and Moses Suli at centre to start the season.

More Coverage​

Lomax is in the midst of a mega contract which does not expire until the end of 2026 – worth about $800,000 a season. A mooted switch to fullback has yet to happen.
He is still just 24 and has played 93 games.
Lomax was dropped by former coach Anthony Griffin to NSW Cup last season.
That’s just speculation. “He’s been saying all the right things”, um how do you know that’s not genuine. Up until now no one including lomax and his manager have come out to say otherwise. Absolute bullshit article.

shiloh dc

Juniors
Scott Penn is lobbying hard for the NRL to let Manly & Roosters return to Vegas in 2025. Clearly Penn is courting the 49's to invest heavily in Manly & to fill his wallet.
PVL please ensure your Sword is mightier than the Penn!

qld redvee

Juniors
One day of rugby league with 2 games being played on that day is done and dusted for 2024 and forgotten by the locals as far as I am concerned. Will they be waiting with bated breath for the next one day round in 2025 and so on? I doubt it. The people over there will be having to remember how the game is played seeing that it is just one day's worth of footy and the rules keep changing every year.

Maybe the better thing to do before the next game is to get Rupert to arrange a dedicated TV channel on Foxsports over there to show the games that we see here all during autumn, winter and some spring time so that the people in the US who love watching sport can see it and get more of an understanding of the game etc.

I can understand that our local media people are saying that the games played over the past weekend (Saturday US time) was a massive success and bring on 2025 and why not have this years winners return for 2025 because they deserve it. Well Hallelujah and whoopee dee, I think that there will be fewer people actually watching the games over there next time and the NRL will be fudging the attendance and tv viewers numbers to make it look good.
DD, your right fox and pvl have to televise all games to keep interest up in order to get subscriptions and a following. This also helps with the online gambling.
Nrl must keep pouring interest in for the 5 years

maestro1

Bench
Just watched NRL 360 and if I wasn't sure that Catnasta hated us before, I am absolutely sure of it now. He absolutely trashed our squad in a couple of segments and then re-hashed the supposed story about Lomax being unhappy, tried to re-escalate the Ben Hunt not settled, tried to shit in Leilua as to not being worth the money he is on. Even when Mick Caryannis informed him that Saints are only paying him 650k or so.
Rubbished the Tigers effort against us in the trial...basically saying it was so bad, especially considering it was Saints that played all over them. He keeps stirring the pot RE: Lomax and Hunt.

Was adamant that our squad is the poorest in the comp.

Dragon David

First Grade
Just watched NRL 360 and if I wasn't sure that Catnasta hated us before, I am absolutely sure of it now. He absolutely trashed our squad in a couple of segments and then re-hashed the supposed story about Lomax being unhappy, tried to re-escalate the Ben Hunt not settled, tried to shit in Leilua as to not being worth the money he is on. Even when Mick Caryannis informed him that Saints are only paying him 650k or so.
Rubbished the Tigers effort against us in the trial...basically saying it was so bad, especially considering it was Saints that played all over them. He keeps stirring the pot RE: Lomax and Hunt.

F ck him the useless so and so!!! He shouldn't be on the programme saying all of these things as it makes the Dragons look shit. He still has the shits with the Dragons because we beat/thrashed the Cocks in the 2010 GF and he played in that game - useless shit.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Anastasia will be stirring the pot as his mates at the roosters want Lomax to replace Manu. Watch this space as I get the sense he will go,
Flanno doesn’t seem to rate him as putting a $800k asset on the wing doesn’t make sense

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Anastasia will be stirring the pot as his mates at the roosters want Lomax to replace Manu. Watch this space as I get the sense he will go,
Flanno doesn’t seem to rate him as putting a $800k asset on the wing doesn’t make sense
Hook didnt rate him either

BLM01

First Grade

Because he is a player manager, no different to the others.. looking for more clients perhaps

since77

Juniors

That NRL 360 rant about the Dragons tonight was the biggest piece of crap I've seen for ages. Pure muck raking.
Didn't take long for Kent to get back to his scummy worst. I hope those clowns have egg on their face at the end of the season. That was disgraceful.

Como Connection

First Grade
Glad I don't watch his stupid show anymore.
Last year we were drowned in Tigers stories ad nauseum.
I hope his kind of comments will only make our guys try harder this year to prove the doubters wrong. Anyway I've put some money on the Dragons to make the 8 this year.
So did I.
CC

Latest posts