What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Just on happening too often... am l the only one getting sick of players laying down (all clubs including us). The NRL brought in a rule a season or 2 back to send players 'laying down' to the sideline - l believe that is the answer... coaches will whinge a treat "we won't have any players on the field if the referees continue play this path" (come on you all saw Ricky spitting a dummy saying that - didn't you). But sure as eggs the smart coaches will look to get quicker flow on their sets by telling players no more laying down - its cost us too much !!!
AND l believe that the RLPA should have a stance on this too... it paints their clients in a bad light and costs other players game time because of these actions.
Yes. Someone else can play the ball for them. But the main way to cut it out is to not allow the bunker to give penalties. This will stop it.

It was very funny last night when Rapana did this late on. He stayed down trying to get a penalty for a high shot. I think he got the penalty, but the independent Dr. made him come off for a HIA. Rapana was complaining that he was fine and didn't want to come off!

When I was young, I loved the fact that, while in other sports players faked being hurt, Rugby League players pretended not to be hurt.

thebigredv

First Grade
Hughes who is not a Dragon gets 1 week for pushing over a ref. Work that one out
The NRL always have their new flavours of the month when it comes to things they want to outlaw and they always pick us or teams like us to make an example of. It is no coincidence.

- Frizell and the ref was a completely innocent thing and then Hayne escaped punishment weeks later
- Being slightly in front of the kicker at the kick off
- Tariq Sims good chest to chest contact and he got targeted
- Rava and his shoulder charges to the hips and he was targeted
- Head contact a couple years ago and now those same things go unnoticed
- Craig Smith and his knees

These are just some examples. Partly some of these are because we were always dumb to not brush up on the in season refereeing focuses but partly because we were a lowly side or lacked a notable spokes person.

Last edited:

Anon

Bench
Dont forget the rule change to penalise a dummy half for deliberately passing the ball into an offside defending player.

Cam McInnes was the first,and to my knowlege the only player, pinged for it in a dragons game v bulldogs even though the bulldogs player was in between McInnes and the dragons player he was trying to pass to.

Same thing happened during the Tigers V Raiders game on Saturday. Api passed the ball into an offside Raiders defender and the Tigers got the penalty!!! The commentaters said it was good game awareness from Api :0

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Dont forget the rule change to penalise a dummy half for deliberately passing the ball into an offside defending player.

Cam McInnes was the first,and to my knowlege the only player, pinged for it in a dragons game v bulldogs even though the bulldogs player was in between McInnes and the dragons player he was trying to pass to.

Same thing happened during the Tigers V Raiders game on Saturday. Api passed the ball into an offside Raiders defender and the Tigers got the penalty!!! The commentaters said it was good game awareness from Api :0
Harry Grant got pinged on the weekend for doing that, think he threw it into Jackson Ford

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
They won't do anything about Mitchel. Political correctness will protect him. I believe he should get a whack as he did it on purpose and then said he doesn't care.
If the NRL do nothing then they are a joke especially after the Leniu debac;le

And that political correctness is embodied in our South Ifrican CEO Andrew Abdo- full of the "rainbow " politics that is such a blight on that country these days resulting in shocking black gang violence and people fleeing the country. I don't expect much from Abdo but I always thought Vlandy's had a pair and for him not to knock on Abdo's door and demand some disciplinary action on Mitchell is extremely disappointing.

Dragon David

First Grade
And that political correctness is embodied in our South Ifrican CEO Andrew Abdo- full of the "rainbow " politics that is such a blight on that country these days resulting in shocking black gang violence and people fleeing the country. I don't expect much from Abdo but I always thought Vlandy's had a pair and for him not to knock on Abdo's door and demand some disciplinary action on Mitchell is extremely disappointing.
...and the usual thing to say is that if Mitchell was a Dragons player fingers would be pointing and all hell would have broken loose and he would get 10 weeks for bringing the NRL into disrepute. It is all bullshit to me how there can be one person giving it and gets away with it and it is always bloody Mitchell.

justadragon

Bench
...and the usual thing to say is that if Mitchell was a Dragons player fingers would be pointing and all hell would have broken loose and he would get 10 weeks for bringing the NRL into disrepute. It is all bullshit to me how there can be one person giving it and gets away with it and it is always bloody Mitchell.
Well they have set a precedence now Dave, any player that warns a radio station or perhaps TV that they are going to swear their guts out is totally fine and will have nothing to answer for.

thebigredv

First Grade
Was just thinking today how nice it must be to go for a team like the broncos, who have a few lean years rebuilding and blooding juniors but then bounce back to the top. We have lean years blooding players who leave or get arrested and stay at the bottom
I am not a conspiracy theorist. Trust me I sit and listen to colleagues go on everyday about this and that and sounds like crazy to me a lot of it, but I truly think there is a dichotomy of clubs that links back to super league days or certain individuals or value to V'landys or something. There's haves and have nots and unless your Penrith with an actual plan and finacnial backing your condemned to fighting out in the bottom 8.

Broncos great example you raise, down for a couple years, got Ikin, got their players, got rid of the others - sorted; back to one of the best. Got the feeling like the game couldn't afford to have Broncos languishing or at least the city of Brisbane couldn't bare to have it. Remember they used to say "When the Dragons are going well the game is going well"? "The team with the big red v". Those words are dead. The idea, dead.

For us we have to hear from the coach, the club, the media how we need to be patient. "It will take time". Made to feel like the crazy one for wanting change and then sitting through games like yesterday.

Anyone else not really buying it.... like in their heart? Feeling like we are in an infinite loop until we die off forever? What's more, by the time we land a decent player or two the other good ones will be given up as payment anyway and we haven't converted a decent junior in yonks.

WE

HAVE

BEEN

FRICKIN

PATIENT!

Wish I could be more constructive but this is really how I feel. I'd say the Dragons club deserves more but I don't really know what the Dragons are anymore.

BLM01

First Grade
Molo early plea.

Why was it not Grade 1. I know Molo is a target but geez how many other incidents receive Grade 1. Just like Luai who klnocked a bloke out and could not return. Wallace laughed after that hit

TheRev

First Grade
Was just thinking today how nice it must be to go for a team like the broncos, who have a few lean years rebuilding and blooding juniors but then bounce back to the top. We have lean years blooding players who leave or get arrested and stay at the bottom
It sux so much.. for every 1 junior with some promise.. they have 5.. plus they have a city full of kids who want to play for them... I was in JB's today and I had to listen to the sales-staff waffle on about Reynolds and Hass and fmd.. I went to Kmart instead.