What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

First Grade
Lomax will be gone at the end of the season, potentially earlier if a suitable trade is found. Lomax doesn’t get along with certain players in the squad. Which is causing a little bit of friction amongst the group. Flanagan wants to get off his contract and refresh the squad. Sometimes replacing some of your bigger names who have become comfortable is in the best interests of the club. Wouldn’t be surprised if more were to follow. The club is aggressive in the player market targeting a lot of promising junior talents, as we all some well known and experienced forwards. Jordan Petaia still an option too
This makes complete sense to me.. you can just see that Lomax is the kind of cat that disrupts the team culture you are trying to create.. he is our best back but if we can get a decent trade, I'd love to see some new blood, I think its in our longterm interests.

Kenny and Turuva seem like no-brainers, we will go for them.. imo we just need 1st graders, we need to start to move on some of the longterm under-performers.. pay a little over if need be.. just get 1st graders..

TheRev

First Grade
LOL. Wonder why Penrith would let their No 1 hooker go. Although Soni Luke is quick maybe they rate that Sommerton or whatever his name is.
They signed Tago for 750 and May for atleast 500, which would have been their priorities after Luai/Chichton left... but Kenny and Turuva are some of the only decent players left without a 2025 contract, so im sure Penrith will offer them a nominal $ amount, but it gives us a chance to pay a chunk more.. we are yet to land a 2025 signing also... so Flanno must be getting more desperate as the months roll on.

I also do wonder how any of Penriths amazing juniors are supposed to get promoted if they dont lose a few players each year, tbh if they do keep Kenny or Turuva, maybe the kid behind is a target for us.

BLM01

First Grade
They signed Tago for 750 and May for atleast 500, which would have been their priorities after Luai/Chichton left... but Kenny and Turuva are some of the only decent players left without a 2025 contract, so im sure Penrith will offer them a nominal $ amount, but it gives us a chance to pay a chunk more.. we are yet to land a 2025 signing also... so Flanno must be getting more desperate as the months roll on.

I also do wonder how any of Penriths amazing juniors are supposed to get promoted if they dont lose a few players each year, tbh if they do keep Kenny or Turuva, maybe the kid behind is a target for us.
May would have to be on more than 500K if Tago gets at least 750-800

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Kenny or Luke would be a good pick-up. Kenny preferred.

Saying no to Turuva. Not discarding he's a really good player in a very good team, but he is only 181cm, very small in today's game. In fact, both their wingers are 'small" if you include To'o. So why let Turuva go? I feel the new drop out rule may have some impact on who is out wide in all clubs.

I will also add to the fact that, we have Sloan, who can play wing, if necessary, plus a few really good ones coming through such as Rumble and Williams and probably 1 or 2 more. Add in the fact that Tamale, who we want to succeed in our club, would probably commence as a winger for starters.

People talk about blocking pathways, well there's one right there in Turuva.

Murfy

Juniors
Which players and how do you know? Why wont it be those players that go which will refresh the squad. Those players are likely under performing
I’m sure you can figure out which players. Sometimes a club is under performing because it’s so called leaders or better players aren’t the correct fit. Look at how our captain has behaved the last year. How can a team perform well or have the trust in him when he speaks like that. Sure, they are better players but perhaps they are detrimental to the teams success. Look at lomax, coach thinks it’s in the teams best interests for him to play wing, player sulks and asks for a release. This is one of your best players who is suppose to set an example for the other players. You can see how that might piss off people within the club. Not to mention he is your second highest player on your roster. The other players might be lesser players, but they do what the coaches tell them and what’s best for the team.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
I’m sure you can figure out with players. Sometimes a club is under performing because it’s so called leaders or better players aren’t the correct fit. Look at how our captain has behaved the last year. How can a team perform well or have the trust in him when he speaks like that. Sure, they are better players but perhaps they are detrimental to the teams success. Look at lomax, coach thinks it’s in the teams best interests for him to play wing, player sulks and asks for a release. This is one of your best players who is suppose to set an example for the other players. You can see how that might piss off people within the club. Not to mention he is your second highest player on your roster. The other players might be lesser players, but they do what the coaches tell them and what’s best for the team.
There is no place for whinging if you want success. It causes animosity and division within the ranks.

The players at Penrith for instance work together as a team and back each other up and play in accordance with the instructions of the head coach who I think the players hold in good esteem and is respected by them.

Lomax had a falling out with Anthony Griffin and he ended up out of first grade for a while until Griffin got the sack. He appears now not happy with Flanagan putting him on the wing, but Flanagan has needed to see how his decision would work and needs time to make sure one way or another.

Whether or not Lomax returns to centre or moves to fullback is up to Flanagan and Lomax should respect that.

It is the club we follow and not any individual player and if Lomax goes, well good luck to him.

maestro1

Bench
I’m sure you can figure out which players. Sometimes a club is under performing because it’s so called leaders or better players aren’t the correct fit. Look at how our captain has behaved the last year. How can a team perform well or have the trust in him when he speaks like that. Sure, they are better players but perhaps they are detrimental to the teams success. Look at lomax, coach thinks it’s in the teams best interests for him to play wing, player sulks and asks for a release. This is one of your best players who is suppose to set an example for the other players. You can see how that might piss off people within the club. Not to mention he is your second highest player on your roster. The other players might be lesser players, but they do what the coaches tell them and what’s best for the team.

Coach and players have all categorically stated that he has done the exact opposite of sulk. He has trained the house down and been our best player in each game. Where are you getting the "sulking" from? Yes, he asked for a release, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is "sulking". If the rest of the side put in his effort, we would be undefeated and leading the comp.

BLM01

First Grade
Coach and players have all categorically stated that he has done the exact opposite of sulk. He has trained the house down and been our best player in each game. Where are you getting the "sulking" from? Yes, he asked for a release, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is "sulking". If the rest of the side put in his effort, we would be undefeated and leading the comp.
Now I have to guess. I dont know first I heard that statement he is causing friction with players except media are trying to hint that. There are lot of so called other fact statements you made like "Flanno wants to cut his contract", He will be gone at years end."others may follow" Are you just guessing based on media insinuations, just curious?

Murfy

Juniors
Now I have to guess. I dont know first I heard that statement he is causing friction with players except media are trying to hint that. There are lot of so called other fact statements you made like "Flanno wants to cut his contract", He will be gone at years end."others may follow" Are you just guessing based on media insinuations, just curious?
Nope, just repeating what I was told. Could be bum mail but the individual is involved. Lomax doesn’t get along with certain players and it’s creating friction, gets moved to wing and doesn’t love the idea and asks for release, people within the club become annoyed with him. Club will only release him if suitable trade is available this season, otherwise he will leave in offseason. Everything in media about lomax is coming from the club, they are trying to control the narrative…

ChocOConnor

Juniors
If I was Flanno I would approach panthers and ask if he can negotiate with that front rower. Not sure his name but not Fisher Harris. That guy is the corner stone of the panthers and the type of guy who will not buckle to anyone. He has 3 rings to his name. Surely we can set him up for life after football.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Lomax will be gone at the end of the season, potentially earlier if a suitable trade is found. Lomax doesn’t get along with certain players in the squad. Which is causing a little bit of friction amongst the group. Flanagan wants to get off his contract and refresh the squad. Sometimes replacing some of your bigger names who have become comfortable is in the best interests of the club. Wouldn’t be surprised if more were to follow. The club is aggressive in the player market targeting a lot of promising junior talents, as we all some well known and experienced forwards. Jordan Petaia still an option too

TBH lomax has probably been the one of few that have put in a good effort this season & past few seasons. I would rather the other guys who have a problem (possibly getting shown up by lomax efforts) leave instead...

We'd be a much more competitive, fitter & passionate team with more lomax type players & performance...

I hope flanno isn't letting the playing group & certain players dictate decisions like Hook & Mary...

2 of our more competitive, higher performing & quality players in Hunt & Lomax both want to leave which shows you the direction of the playing group & club.

Worried we've got too many guys who are only in it for the paychecks, don't really care about results & are lazy driving the culture of this team...

TheRev

First Grade
I get where ur coming from Wolfy, because Zacs efforts on-field dont match up with off the field narrative.. but if anyone is genuinely sooking every time something doesnt go their way in a team sport.. let alone a senior player... the other players should be pulling that into line.. its nothing to do with laziness, the opposite really.

Not that players cant get the shits and be a bit moody, we are all human.. but these reports of Lomax seem consistent throughout his career, in any case this is FLannos domain.. hes the guy who is an expert in getting a group of guys to buy in, and right something isnt right..

But it could be like Hunt in 2023.. no good player swap offers come, and life goes on...

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Nope, just repeating what I was told. Could be bum mail but the individual is involved. Lomax doesn’t get along with certain players and it’s creating friction, gets moved to wing and doesn’t love the idea and asks for release, people within the club become annoyed with him. Club will only release him if suitable trade is available this season, otherwise he will leave in offseason. Everything in media about lomax is coming from the club, they are trying to control the narrative…

That's pretty pathetic if the club is leaking stuff about lomax situation. Some people are obviously scared about their own reputation over being professional & it's pretty much the same mistakes we've made in the past.

We've had multiple players like sloan ask for releases when not playing in their preferred position or even have guys just not turning up to 1st grade physical condition when not playing in their preferred position (bird at 2rf) but then show up in good nick when selected in their preferred position (ctr)...

Who cares if he doesn't get along, he actually performs. I would rather have that then be best mates with everyone. Tbh the other players aren't any good, who cares what they think. Actions speak louder than words. Perform then have a leg to stand on...

Wolfgang90

Juniors
I get where ur coming from Wolfy, because Zacs efforts on-field dont match up with off the field narrative.. but if anyone is genuinely sooking every time something doesnt go their way in a team sport.. let alone a senior player... the other players should be pulling that into line.. its nothing to do with laziness, the opposite really.

Not that players cant get the shits and be a bit moody, we are all human.. but these reports of Lomax seem consistent throughout his career, in any case this is FLannos domain.. hes the guy who is an expert in getting a group of guys to buy in, and right something isnt right..

But it could be like Hunt in 2023.. no good player swap offers come, and life goes on...

We haven't heard anything from lomax though, it's all from the media & then our stupid club eating up the media bait. Flanno keeps talking about it then hunt etc. It's just unprofessional & dumb because the media is milking flanno/dragons for an easy click bait story. Lomax has been our best performer this season, I'd rather have his efforts than any players having a sook. Maybe they should all have a look at lomax performances & turn up with a bit more effort/desire.

I just want actions & performances, i reckon the real issue is the likes of hunt/lomax calling out players who aren't putting in the effort & not being a professional athlete. That's the culture issue. We need more competitors who challenge each other & not players who are happy to collect a paycheck & play in mediocrity.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
If I was Flanno I would approach panthers and ask if he can negotiate with that front rower. Not sure his name but not Fisher Harris. That guy is the corner stone of the panthers and the type of guy who will not buckle to anyone. He has 3 rings to his name. Surely we can set him up for life after football.

Sounds like our entire playing group would revolt if JFH told them some truths & showed em some real competitiveness.