What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
I remember he was off contract at the time, and the club hadn’t said anything. So a few people were jumping up and down wondering what was going on. Then it came out in the news that he was being accused of rape. I could be wrong though. It wouldn’t be the first time.
Maybe his defense is not up to regular 1st grade
In the NRL He is what mid 20’s now?
Just like alll the small brilliant attackers we have seen that are now playing SL. There is a dozen or so that comes to mind in recent times
Sloan has time on his side but he may end up there too if can’t get there defensively
It is such a tough position as well as halves in the NRL the way the game is played here now like it or not
It is a difficult conundrum especially attuning lower grades to go and play and get to a pro standard the way they need to.. to survive

SGMax

Juniors
I believe (heard on the radio) Triston was kept a year longer than necessary so the club could help him stay in the gong till he completed his degree at the uni.
No appreciation for that from Wendel.

Its as simple as "we can't keep 'em all and we made a choice.".
It is true that we cut him loose a couple of months before his incident happened.

Glad he was cleared and wish him well.
I don't think we missed anything more than a depth player even after a few years.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Very disappointed with Dell's comments about the club that brought him back to the NRL and gave him a career after he finished. It's not the clubs fault that the coaches in charge at the time made these dumb decisions because they felt they had to keep Corey Norman playing at 6 even though he clearly was not putting in? Why is the beef with the club in general? How do us fans feel, we had AFB, Sailor and JDB coming though as future stars and then got caught up with off field rubbish. Saints lost 2 of them and held on to JDB who at the time was an Origin player. Dragons reacted the way the NRL wanted them to and put pressure on them to release them just like they did to Canberra when they got rid of Duggan and Carney.

I thought Tristan was a great player when he played at the Dragons and remember a game he played in FG against the chooks when he scored a nice try. He showed a lot of confidence. I think it was his 1st or 2nd game. He looked great but Mary persisted with Norman. That was all Mary not the club and Saints have got rid of him since. I was devastated Saints let him go of Tristan but they had no choice with his misdemeanors. Probably why Tristan still loves the Dragons as he is probably more mature than Dell and realises he was part to blame for leaving because of his unfortunate circumstance. I hope this kid kicks on but a shame he won't be coming back to the Dragons.

Last edited:

Latest posts