What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

kit66

Bench
How about Damien Cook…worth a dabble?
Or I would go back for Brailey or Crossland in Newie, both will want to start.
Need a 9 who can create

Any Hooker worth his salt can get creative and make darts out of dummy half, including Liddle, if he's got forwards who can get the team on a roll and get quick play the balls - that's what we need before we go chasing hookers, a couple of big, experienced props, for crying out loud. Please, for any money !

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Problem signing Schuster it send a negative response to our upcoming juniors pathway, he is a gamble and locks out potentially an edge position for possibly 3 years, you would assume we end up paying close to 1/2 his contract, lets say $400k, that locks up $1.2m, the upcoming juniors will see we have LL, Su'A (potentially 3 years) and then Schuster 3 years blocking pathways, i'd rather promote one of the juniors and if they fail so be it, no guarantee that Schuster does any better..

Dragon David

First Grade
Flanno has already been quoted as saying not interested.. tells you something from his days at Manly

Thank goodness for that. Please don't ignore the young ones we already have Flanno. There are a few at our club that can be able to do a lot better things than the Schu at far cheaper rates.

Flanno will know Schuster personally, so if he thinks he can save him.. So be it.. But we would be paying less than half his salary.. Even then I'm not sure he can be bought around from the headspace that he's been in for years.. Hes barely nsw cup level.. I mean maybe he replaces max f or Russell.. But I would rather go after someone else at manly that Schusters contract makes it hard for them to keep.

He's so chubby now.. It won't be a fast turnaround from that..
Flanno loves to think he can save a "talented player" who has "gone off the rails". Todd Carney, Josh Dugan, Ben Barba, and so on. I'm not a fan of this approach. Schuster is Manly's problem. Please don't bail them out and make him our problem.

Schuster will probably get back in shape and get the desire back for long enough to seduce someone to take a chance on him. I just pray it's not us.

shiloh dc

Juniors
Few years back I was a big fan of Schuster. Doesn't like the physical side of the game. Was very ordinary in reserves against us and not worth $300.
Totally with you - he had enormous potential but looks like wasting it. Dragons stay away!
I just read that Manly believe they can terminate his contract due to inability to meet performance clauses. If successful - i really don't think any other player would ever sign such a contract again!

Last edited:

Trifili13

Juniors
Totally with you - he had enormous potential but looks like wasting it. Dragons stay away!
I just read that Manly believe they can terminate his contract due to inability to meet performance clauses. If successful - i really don't think any other player would ever sign such a contract again!
Can we have a copy of that contract? Would be able to terminate half our squad and free up more salary cap to buy proper players.

shiloh dc

Juniors
Can we have a copy of that contract? Would be able to terminate half our squad and free up more salary cap to buy proper players.
According to MC on NRL360 it may have been a weight clause that Schuster has breached. This is going to be very interesting because Schuster has been injured and could claim it as an impediment to reducing his weight and satisfying that clause. This could end up in court. If it gets really acrimonious Schuster could even spill some dirty maroon laundry. ;)
If Manly are successful - Saints should make such condition mandatory on all contracts going forward.

Latest posts