What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

KingFlanno7

Juniors
Sheez I was making conversation, a counterpoint if you will... The whole nrl community exploded on zac that day.. I thought it was harsh at the time.

I dont keep track of who touches who, but I see head rubs in particular and they just get on with it usually.. Boys being boys and all.. Like I said zac went one step further but niggle is part of our game, in this instance Fritz reacted.
Lomax is a flog and that clip proves it. Yes move on

Lennyb

Juniors
Sheez I was making conversation, a counterpoint if you will... The whole nrl community exploded on zac that day.. I thought it was harsh at the time.

I dont keep track of who touches who, but I see head rubs in particular and they just get on with it usually.. Boys being boys and all.. Like I said zac went one step further but niggle is part of our game, in this instance Fritz reacted.
Yeah, Zac was a goose and Friz said FU. No big drama at all.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
If south paid $250k pa of Cookies wage (reportedly on close to $750k pa in 2024 and maybe 2025 also)

ie we sign Cookie at $500k pa........ is he a hooker at 32yrs of age that could do a Cam Smith and last for another few years at a very high level? Damien turns 33yrs of age in June.

Is he what we need to get into the top8 and finals?

Im leaning towards yes and a home coming...........another leader and 80min hooker

Or do we just go hard at that 5/8 half and move Kyle Flano to 9/14 ?

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
If south paid $250k pa of Cookies wage (reportedly on close to $750k pa in 2024 and maybe 2025 also)

ie we sign Cookie at $500k pa........ is he a hooker at 32yrs of age that could do a Cam Smith and last for another few years at a very high level? Damien turns 33yrs of age in June.

Im leaning towards yes and a home coming...........another leader and 80min hooker

No Cookie for me. He's not a Cam Smith who could run the team, deputise at 5/8, kick goals, and tell the ref what he was doing wrong. Cookie's big asset was his speed off the mark and the ability to make a break off quick play the balls from big Souths forwards. At 32, he doesn't have the same speed, we don't have the big forwards, and everyone is awake to his dummy half break anyway.

Parko1310

Juniors

Cook is so overrated. One of the players stealing a living at souths on that kind of money. The last time he was good was 2019. Been surviving on reputation ever since. There is a reason he was dropped, despite what the media will try and portray, there are reasons behind it. He's not a great hooker

thebigredv

First Grade
herald reporting we have offered turuva from penrith a 3 year deal with a potential move to fullback ..
I am happy with that. We have to secure proven players.

Sloan needs to be persevered with in the meantime, and say we do get Turuva, we can simply give the most deserving player the fullback spot - standards.

On the flipside, if it's a contract that promises him fullback it might lead us into trouble in which case Tyrell might have a tanty and end up in England.

Hope there's truth to it. Not going to cost a million bucks either.

TheRev

First Grade
The fullback part and the increased salary is the only way we will land turuva... 50k or something after tax isn't enough if it's just wing we are offering. I'm sure he could play ctr also.

As for Cook, I doubt Souths will offload him, but he would be a nice starter with liddle the 14.

Right now we essentially have Marschke as injury cover for 6,7,9,14.. We need to fix that..

SEAT 1A

Bench
The fullback part and the increased salary is the only way we will land turuva... 50k or something after tax isn't enough if it's just wing we are offering. I'm sure he could play ctr also.

As for Cook, I doubt Souths will offload him, but he would be a nice starter with liddle the 14.

Right now we essentially have Marschke as injury cover for 6,7,9,14.. We need to fix that..

We have to land on a player sooner rather than later and Sloan on the wing, some wheels there.

Souths are a mess and considering we went after germs son, Cook would be a great pickup.

Crush

Coach
So Sloan out the door ?????
Would also look at Brimson if we r searching for a 1
Is an absolute gun , but desp wants to play FB
Tensions bubbling along at the Coast
Fafita is playing like he doesnt want to be there , as well
His get out clause date fast approaching
Sloan is a watch and monitor.
He played well today, good to see him put his body on the line, if he can do that week in week out all season then the spot is his.
But early days

Latest posts