What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

I thought Kyle was our best on the day too.
I thought he tried hard to defend in the centres. Perhaps the coaches gave him the award for doing his best to help the team out by playing out of position. But here's a thought experiment. Suppose that Suli had played centre and missed 7 tackles. Would that be thought of as a good game?

I thought Kyle did not play well. I thought several others were better than him. However, he is the one who took on a difficult task to help the team out.

Mojo

Bench
I thought he tried hard to defend in the centres. Perhaps the coaches gave him the award for doing his best to help the team out by playing out of position. But here's a thought experiment. Suppose that Suli had played centre and missed 7 tackles. Would that be thought of as a good game?

I thought Kyle did not play well. I thought several others were better than him. However, he is the one who took on a difficult task to help the team out.
Fair enough - except on the day Suli probably would have missed 8.

Parko1310

Juniors
Firstly I hope what happened to Kent one day happens to Wiedler. Just a bit worse....
And if this is true find out who the sooks were who leaked this crap and tear up their contracts.
Speaks volumes that some of these f**kwits got beaten by 60-18 and they're more concerned with who won the f**king coach award. Weak mentality, and the same players who have undermined multiple coaches. I'm in complete agreeance, whoever has spoken to the media about this needs to be found out and shipped off

since77

Juniors

Anyone defending out of position is likely to miss more tackles than usual. That should be obvious.....
Trying to compare Kyle missing 7 tackles (playing out of position) to Suli theoretically missing 7 (playing in the position he is trained for) is absolutely ridiculous.
Like @Mojo I thought Kyle was best of a bad bunch against the Brown Paper Bag Almond Milk Latte We All Fit Under The Salary Cap F*ckwits. Desperately unlucky with the Dom Young "try".
Name one of your "several others" who played better?

Dragon David

First Grade
Anyone defending out of position is likely to miss more tackles than usual. That should be obvious.....
Trying to compare Kyle missing 7 tackles (playing out of position) to Suli theoretically missing 7 (playing in the position he is trained for) is absolutely ridiculous.
Like @Mojo I thought Kyle was best of a bad bunch against the Brown Paper Bag Almond Milk Latte We All Fit Under The Salary Cap F*ckwits. Desperately unlucky with the Dom Young "try".
I agree with what you say since77.

I have only watched some of the highlights (tries scored in the game) and noted that a lot of the Roosters tries were scored off kicks and as with any team with most of the possession there is the chance to score many points. Poor counter tactics by us and not being able to handle kicks - grubbers, chips or high ones let us down.

Once a team can get a roll on they just break the resilience of the other team's defence and then exhaustion takes over.

I haven't seen the game in general to know who played the best on that effin useless 25th April day and I'm not likely to either.

Mojo

Bench
I agree with what you say since77.

I have only watched some of the highlights (tries scored in the game) and noted that a lot of the Roosters tries were scored off kicks and as with any team with most of the possession there is the chance to score many points. Poor counter tactics by us and not being able to handle kicks - grubbers, chips or high ones let us down.

Once a team can get a roll on they just break the resilience of the other team's defence and then exhaustion takes over.

I haven't seen the game in general to know who played the best on that effin useless 25th April day and I'm not likely to either.
They probably gave the award to Kyle so the old man could discreetly ask for it back at dinner time, thereby avoiding offending any of the other Muppets.

Last edited:
My point is that Kyle did not play well. It's just a fact. I don't blame him for it. It's OK that he didn't defend well because he's not a centre. But the fact that he was out of position doesn't magically turn his poor performance into a good one.

He was not unlucky that he couldn't tackle Young. He got himself into a bad position and didn't execute the tackle well. That's OK. It's a mistake. That happens. But luck was not a factor.

Sua, Sele, JDB, BMM were all much better than Kyle.

maestro1

Bench
First thing Saints need to do is weed out players who speak to Weilder and co.
I feel that has started with Lonmax.
I wonder who is next.
I'm sure this happens regularly at other clubs and the media never, ever report this gossiping shyte. But for our club they do. Anybody who has ever laced on a boot has had to seee is any undeserving players win man of the match awards and even player of the year awards. Heck, the Dally Ms are a disgrace. Fake, nothing news by a media who are trying desperately to create a story of unrest in our squad. If there is any unrest, we don't win against Titans, Manly, Tigers or Warriors.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Are you serious???? Ryan Carr took over for the last 9 games or so. I question your understanding of the word "majority".

By all means hold Flanno to account for underwhelming performances, but the aim is to improve on Season 2023 and the whole season should be the measure not an underwhelming performance here and there.

So let me ask you a question..... We finished 2nd last in 2023. If Flanno improves on that, will you consider Flanno has been successful with a shyte squad put together by a shyte coach before him?
Absolutely not. We need to judge this incompetent imbecile on this season's results.

You may be happy with a mediocre 6 wins in a season and consider that an improvement, but I certainly expect much better from the Dragons.

Today was just another example of a piss poor performance by a poorly coached side.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
It's completely understandable that some players would question why the coach's son gets the best on ground award for a team who got lapped by 60 points.

Plain and simple nepotism on a smaller scale than it was when the coach signed his son and showed the door to a forum favourite in Bud Sullivan.

Clearly the coach hasn't even got the change room when someone is leaking to the media, complete insolence on his part.

maestro1

Bench
Absolutely not. We need to judge this incompetent imbecile on this season's results.

You may be happy with a mediocre 6 wins in a season and consider that an improvement, but I certainly expect much better from the Dragons.

Today was just another example of a piss poor performance by a poorly coached side.
What a load of shyte. If he improves on last year with the shyte, slow backline, weak pack squad he inherited it is on the right trajectory. If you expected this squad to do more than improve, you're in Dreamland. Wayne Bennett would struggle to do more. Are you celebrating our loss against the Sharks as I noticed you waited until we lost to answer my question, which I expected. I find it hard not to have the anger bubble over as I sense your happiness with us losing as it feeds your hate of Flanno. This club deserves better fans than fans that enjoy our losses.

Sage63

Juniors
Rumour - potential recruits don't really care about Flanno being a premiership coach & he doesn't have a gravitas like a Benji/Bennett/Robinson etc

He's realising this the hard way...

The club needs to lower their own inflated egos, we've botched a few easy recruits like Turuva & AFB.
"recruits don't really care about Flanno being a premiership coach & he doesn't have a gravitas".
Yeah, really?
so how do you know that?
please do tell!

I'm Hornby

Juniors
What a load of shyte. If he improves on last year with the shyte, slow backline, weak pack squad he inherited it is on the right trajectory. If you expected this squad to do more than improve, you're in Dreamland. Wayne Bennett would struggle to do more. Are you celebrating our loss against the Sharks as I noticed you waited until we lost to answer my question, which I expected. I find it hard not to have the anger bubble over as I sense your happiness with us losing as it feeds your hate of Flanno. This club deserves better fans than fans that enjoy our losses.
Your man the drug cheat said pre season we'd be competing for finals and a top 8 spot this season, he didn't say we'll be happy with six wins and not finishing second last.

My expectations are based on what the coach stated pre season, if you'd like to lower yours and offer up pathetic lame apologises for the mediocrity that burdens the club, then perhaps it is less of that type of supporter and staff member the club needs.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Your man the drug cheat said pre season we'd be competing for finals and a top 8 spot this season, he didn't say we'll be happy with six wins and not finishing second last.

My expectations are based on what the coach stated pre season, if you'd like to lower yours and offer up pathetic lame apologises for the mediocrity that burdens the club, then perhaps it is less of that type of supporter and staff member the club needs.

You must be such a delight to live with FFS!