What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Flano won’t stop until he gets that “break your door down” type prop ala NAS
You are correct barry. None of the catch, run and then stop type. We do need a couple of barnstorming middles who will hurt the opposition and break tackles taking the ball forward and tough as teak in making their tackles (legitimate of course). Who are they and are they available for next year and will they get poached by the usual clubs like the Roosters and Dogs?

maestro1

Bench
IDB needs to display some Return Loyalty to the Club that fully supported him throughout his issues
An offer for 12 months is on the table , with a likely further 12 months fully dependant on performance
At his age one would think that would be more than acceptable
Some green shoots are appearing at the Dragons amid all the previous gloom and im sure he would want to be part of that
If he goes to the Bunnies for a money deal for 2 years that would be disappointing , and shows little return Loyalty
He'll go/stay depending on what is best for him and his family. Loyalty died when Super League reared it's ugly head. He has ALWAYS given his all in the RedV.

maestro1

Bench
We should have a serious look at Utoikamanu from Wests, he was the only Tigers player that showed any resilience last week. He's apparently not happy there and only has a Mutual Option for 2025. He's big, fast and strong, has an off-load and has an over 95% tackle efficiency, plus he's only 24.
He had one run in SOO, short minutes off the bench but I reckon if he was in a better team he'd have a higher profile.
Flanno could really make use of this big fella, a ready-made replacement for someone like Lawrie or JDB should he accept an offer elsewhere.
Samuela Fainu is a better prospect than Stefano

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Dragons board members were told he agreed to terms to sign with us on the morning it was announced that he decided to sign with the sharks
The Thursday before he announced that he was signing with the Sharks we bumped into him in Auckland we had just arrived for an OzTag tournament and AFB was heading to Spark Arena to watch 50c the rapper perform, my mate went up to him and asked him to join us, spoke to him for a few minutes trying to convince him to join, well we blame him for the non signing now, probably thought these Saints fans are too crazy...

Wolfgang90

Juniors
The Thursday before he announced that he was signing with the Sharks we bumped into him in Auckland we had just arrived for an OzTag tournament and AFB was heading to Spark Arena to watch 50c the rapper perform, my mate went up to him and asked him to join us, spoke to him for a few minutes trying to convince him to join, well we blame him for the non signing now, probably thought these Saints fans are too crazy...

True. Sharks fans don't venture out of Cronulla.

Cook to sign on 2 yr deal
Eisenhuth to re-sign on 1 yr
De Belin to re-sign on 2 yr
A few things will need to fall into place to get both the Cook and De Belin signings across the line.
If it all falls into place, I would be happy if we then signed 2 more players for 2025.
Not only the big bopper we are all craving, but also a top line outside back to replace Lomax.

denis preston

First Grade
Imo that's soo important, hence the re-signing of quality players from pasifika background like Su'a is crucial to entice young pasifika players to either come or stay with the dragons. I really hope we've got some pathway plans for Kyle Stanley & Willie Talau as they also have a strong connection with young pasifika players & they've shown with the SG ball side they're quality individuals.
See them all from both teams in a prayer huddle straight after the game ? Interesting.

denis preston

First Grade
We can't have made an offer unless Cook has permission to negotiate with rivals (so I assume he has been given it).. the only part of the SMH article i can see says we are asking for souths to pay part of his contract.. which does sound like Flanno... though I dont know why we would really care about an extra 100k or 200k for 2025.. we arent exactly going to max our cap out.

Zero Tackle has him listed @750k for this year and next.
if Cook joins us does it keep Flanagan at 6 and stops us recruniting one?

Old Timer

Coach
if Cook joins us does it keep Flanagan at 6 and stops us recruniting one?
I subscribe to that theory.

Logically speaking either Cook or Liddle is the additional bench player other than props or middles.

S F keeps picking mud guts Lawrie so if he doesn't have a tough conversation there I wouldn't be holding my breath for him to have one with his own son so I believe it means we don't get a ready made high quality 6 or 7 to slot straight into 1st grade and with B H about to get a further year out of us unlikely we get a high quality 6 or 7 the next year either.

Dragon David

First Grade

Latest posts