What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

sammymills

Juniors
Talk again of Suliasi Vunivalu looking at a possible return to the NRL in 2025.
Would be a very handy replacement for Lomax.
im not sure if you watch rugby but this guy has been extremely underwhelming. One that is etched in my brain is his performance against the springboks last year where he was worse than Tyrell Sloan on his worst day. They made him look like an absolute amatuer. I wouldnt be too excited but maybe Flanno can get him into form. Big boy >105kg and i think he is like 6"6 from memory.

denis preston

First Grade
Yep. I do not know whether to be sad he is going, or annoyed he hasn't put in for us like this for the duration of his career with us.
Yes obvious that Flanagans first day was to look at tje players contracts. He would have shit himself seeing Lomax 850 & 875 years still ahead. As great as he is playing now still seems way over for me.

Who were the dickheads responsible? ( you can add Jacks 800 & Sullivan 500 as well )

TruSaint

Referee
is that locked in? Its ok if Sele is back but we dont know for sure that he is.. Sele should also be fit but perhaps shy on contact, it was his shoulder wasnt it?

Ryan should be good to go if we need also..

Really, in our squad, no one can match F Molo in terms of impact. The course of a game changes when he comes off. It's more than just old fashioned mongrel, it's his leg drives that make A DENT EVERY hitup.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
is that locked in? Its ok if Sele is back but we dont know for sure that he is.. Sele should also be fit but perhaps shy on contact, it was his shoulder wasnt it?

Ryan should be good to go if we need also..
I was at the game, and someone said he was Cat 1, but i havent heard anything else, did the Fox Coverage mention anything?

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
No doubt Saifiti and Hetherington next linked to us as knights looking to shed players..
Interestingly Brailey also, who Flanno was keen on pre Cookie becoming available.
Musical chairs continues….

BLM01

First Grade
I am not a huge Talagi supporter, but he will be a good player. Regardless of whether it’s with us.

If you are referring to Lomax, he is a 10 times better winger than he is a centre. Just look at his stats and performance this year. It’s a shame he hasn’t played like this with us for his whole career.
I am still not sold on the hype as Lomax on the wing..
He plays better than centre as does not have to set his outside man up
It is his best position for us and he is doing a good job for us, in good confident form and does a lot of work

But..I have even heard some media say he is the best winger in the game ATM...cough cough..please
Look he is competitive and great leaper for a high ball and takes a lot of hit ups for settlers
Does he;
score tries under pressure in the corner by diving...no, carries the ball in the wrong arm and does not have the acrobatics other wingers have and his timing of his dives are not quite there yet
Does he beat other wingers for pace in a chase or if in the clear..not really
Does he make clean breaks from the backfield in his hit ups..not really
Great defender?.. gets caught in field a bit and gets burned outside or from a step inside

Sorry not on the hype bus..there is more to wing play than leaping and hit ups

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I think one thing I sort of realised is that if Zac were a quieter player in terms of media attention, would he get as much recognition? Think of Zac's biggest feats this year - leaping for tries, running metres, tackle busts. Isn't that what Daniel Tupou's been doing for the better part what, 12 years now? Don't get me wrong, I'm not discrediting Zac at all. He's been terrific this year and we noticed his absence last weekend. I'm just trying to say that a lot of the attention Zac gets for his form is based on what the media says about him, when there's still talent out there.

BLM01

First Grade
I think one thing I sort of realised is that if Zac were a quieter player in terms of media attention, would he get as much recognition? Think of Zac's biggest feats this year - leaping for tries, running metres, tackle busts. Isn't that what Daniel Tupou's been doing for the better part what, 12 years now? Don't get me wrong, I'm not discrediting Zac at all. He's been terrific this year and we noticed his absence last weekend. I'm just trying to say that a lot of the attention Zac gets for his form is based on what the media says about him, when there's still talent out there.
Xavier Coates, Warbrick, Dom Young as well, better all round than Zac with more pace, contortionist trys, great leap and the list goes on who I rate better wingers, they are just not elligble for NSW
Zac is hot on the lips of the media because of where he was last year to now and we are midst NSW hype...thanks Flanno,
It is not because he is the best winger. There are plenty of good powerful wingers out there with pace and try scoring ability but just dont have the same leap and commitment to it and hit up work ethic

Last edited:

Latest posts