What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Get ready it's about to break in the media any day now. Lomax will be trying his hardest to backflip & stay at The Dragons. Also we are in the box seat to land Stefano.
You related to J Moz? Or is it Brent Reed again?
First post - Wow - Box seat hey? - heard that before.

Either you're a legend or 'bucket boy' for all those leaks.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Get ready it's about to break in the media any day now. Lomax will be trying his hardest to backflip & stay at The Dragons. Also we are in the box seat to land Stefano.

ostrich.png

Sage63

Juniors
Here's beauty!

Some weeks ago it was suggested that Schuster had a FG nrl club for 2025

I can reveal that Flannagan and Josh Shuster have signed A 'Heads of Agreement' whereby, if Schuster achieves certain training KPI's he will be signed by the Dragons.

True

Not - But I wanna post a rumour too.
?????

Dragon David

First Grade
Zac will NOT backflip. This is a media-driven circus.
There is absolutely no way that Lomax will be putting his "tail" between his legs and then do a back flip and renege on his deal to play for the Eels. Flanno says that he is gone and he is grateful that the Dragons still has him for the rest of this year. Lomax will be doing handstands and forward somersaults because he will begin a new chapter in his career and will relish the new challenges just like he has done with the SOO games he has played this year.

The media just love these spins so that they can get people to watch their programs on TV and read their newspapers which has the usual crap of sensationalism to sell them.

shiloh dc

Juniors
Apparently Chad Townsend has signed with the Chooks for between 250K - 300K. He is currently on 750K at the Cowboys. He will be the sub for the most crucial position in an NRL team.
I reckon there would be at least 1/2 dozen other teams prepared to have paid him at least 400K.
I would love to know if the Cows made him a offer?
This crooked game never ceases to amaze!
The average NRL player plays 40 odd games in their lifetime so every player needs to maximise their lifetime remuneration. Arguments that players don't want to go to teams in other areas should be thrown out the door. The NRL needs to ensure that a system is implemented whereby players go to clubs prepared to pay the highest or close to the highest offer.

TheRev

First Grade
Apparently Chad Townsend has signed with the Chooks for between 250K - 300K. He is currently on 750K at the Cowboys. He will be the sub for the most crucial position in an NRL team.
I reckon there would be at least 1/2 dozen other teams prepared to have paid him at least 400K.
I would love to know if the Cows made him a offer?
This crooked game never ceases to amaze!
The average NRL player plays 40 odd games in their lifetime so every player needs to maximise their lifetime remuneration. Arguments that players don't want to go to teams in other areas should be thrown out the door. The NRL needs to ensure that a system is implemented whereby players go to clubs prepared to pay the highest or close to the highest offer.
And he will end up playing reserve grade quite likely..

Drafts, point systems, there are ways but legally now I dont think we can do anything because of that incredibly detailed RLPA agreement they spent a year working on...

We need the talent shared around and we can sustain however many teams we want.. but right now we have to pay 20-30% more even for the leftover scraps the rich clubs dont need.

Phantom V

Juniors
And he will end up playing reserve grade quite likely..

Drafts, point systems, there are ways but legally now I dont think we can do anything because of that incredibly detailed RLPA agreement they spent a year working on...

We need the talent shared around and we can sustain however many teams we want.. but right now we have to pay 20-30% more even for the leftover scraps the rich clubs dont need.
T

Dragon David

First Grade
If you want to see the difference between a team that plays within the salary cap and one that doesn’t, watch the Roosters- Tigers game.
I started to watch the NRL Highlights of the game Phantom but my stomach just got filled up with bile as when I looked at the players the Rorters had on the field it made me sick with anger.

How in hell does that cap cheating club get those players? Why is it that they can just land the cream every year and many other clubs get the sour dregs?

There just isn't an even playing field at all.

I despise the Roosters and of course the Bulldogs.

Sometimes I wonder if following rugby league is worth it.

Latest posts