What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

denis preston

First Grade
Apparently, we are in talks with both Feagai's.

Don't know what they are talking about, but they are talking.

In fairness, Matt has been much improved this year, and Max seemingly more focused on playing.

Serviceable back-ups, but do they take up top 30 spots? Would definitely blow out some '25 squad predictions if they were.
NO,NO, NO !! We need REAL signings not list cloggers.

kit66

Bench
Well then you ignore a lot of examples, in the NBA (see Klay Thompson turning down a US $24 million a year, 2 year length contract extension during the last season, to sign this off season with the Dallas Mavericks on a US $16 million a year, 3 year deal) and especially in the NFL (e.g. Patrick McQueen of the Pittsburgh Steelers - see this article where he turned down some US $4-5 million a season - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...n-free-agency-to-join-pittsburgh-and-win-now/)

Anyway, I digress from the thread topic. Sorry.

Mate everyone knows the Roosters roster is dodgy as, despite all the denials and explanations and excuses - which by the way are always delivered with a somewhat smug and guilty grin. Watch any commentator try to defend it on any footy show, they're always smiling like they know everyone knows they're full of shit, either that or avoiding eye contact because they can't keep a straight face, like Buzz for example when trying to argue Easts' case with Tallis recently - meanwhile the other two (including Anasta) are laughing it up.

redVinme

Bench
I'm merely trying to point out, that by only offering contracts of 2-3 years duration, yes the player may take less money in the short term. Depending on age and form though, the next contract might be of greater monetary value if warranted. Look at Angus Crichton, he could have signed elsewhere, probably for more money, and for longer than the 2 years he re-signed for. He never once looked at leaving, even when the Fifita announcement hit.

How many organisations that use contracts do so as a way to ensure they are not stuck with poorly performing employees on big salaries? Quite a few actually. The wiser organisations learn this and foster good relations, which will make the employee keen to stay. One of your fellow Dragons supporters mentioned it in relation to Brett Morris. It is not necessarily all about just $.
It's like you are spelling out my point without saying it.

He never once looked like leaving. Even though there was definitely more money and more years out there in a very short career. Can you answer why outside of "great run club"? Why time after time players all decide to forfeit easy money? Sure I'm some instances but it's almost every roosters players. Until they leave of course and then they are on plenty.

Everyone knows about uncle Politis terrible golf game and I'm sure Angus has a round booked in this week.

Yes, the Roosters are so "kissed on the dick" as you put it that we win every penalty count in every game :rolleyes:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree as I don't think either of us is going change their view :)
You are right we won't agree. The difference is 15 other clubs agree with my point and if they don't it's because they are sitting at the table too. Need to have a player stamped after June 30? No worries. Need to have a player fined for the 50th time instead of a suspension you got it.

Get ready it's about to break in the media any day now. Lomax will be trying his hardest to backflip & stay at The Dragons. Also we are in the box seat to land Stefano.
The Australian reporting (Behind paywall)

'St George Illawarra have made the strategic decision to withdraw their interest in pursuing talented Wests Tigers prop Stefano'

Sorry to burst your bubble

Guess I'll not hold my breath for the Lomax Gymnastics display

kit66

Bench
Yes, the Roosters are so "kissed on the dick" as you put it that we win every penalty count in every game :rolleyes:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree as I don't think either of us is going change their view :)

I don't know if "kissed on the dick" is the term I'd use but there were some Roosters games very late in the season last year when you were hovering around just outside the 8 where the refs were seriously kissing something and you miraculously made into the top 8. A term I wouldn't use is "luck".

qld redvee

Juniors
I'm merely trying to point out, that by only offering contracts of 2-3 years duration, yes the player may take less money in the short term. Depending on age and form though, the next contract might be of greater monetary value if warranted. Look at Angus Crichton, he could have signed elsewhere, probably for more money, and for longer than the 2 years he re-signed for. He never once looked at leaving, even when the Fifita announcement hit.

How many organisations that use contracts do so as a way to ensure they are not stuck with poorly performing employees on big salaries? Quite a few actually. The wiser organisations learn this and foster good relations, which will make the employee keen to stay. One of your fellow Dragons supporters mentioned it in relation to Brett Morris. It is not necessarily all about just $.
Angus was looking around at French union and other options and when fifita was announced for 24 hours he wasn't sticking around. It was only when fifita pulled out that easts got real interested and then Angus hit the form otherwise he'd have probably gone

qld redvee

Juniors

'St George Illawarra have made the strategic decision to withdraw their interest in pursuing talented Wests Tigers prop Stefano'

Sorry to burst your bubble

Guess I'll not hold my breath for the Lomax Gymnastics display
Hope that means flanno has got another big bopper for the right price and contract length
Fingers and toes crossed

be55

Juniors

"Strategic decision"

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Gareth67

First Grade
His management wanted 5 mill over 5 years. Flanno said goodbye.
“ Holy ‘ forward-pass ‘ Batman , does he think his John Wittenberg and Artist Beetson all rolled into one ? “ 🤔

1 million per season for a 24 year old wannabe - no thanks Flanagan will find a far more suitable purchase/s for that sort of money. Perhaps a hard rugged pommy prop who has tremendous ball skills , just a thought .

Last edited: