What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Victoire

Juniors
I think Saifiti has really good potential under Flanno. He has played some good games in the past and the time he spent in Origin he was pretty good.

Saints should get both the Saifiti bros. Then they can have the Molo's. Couchmans, Feagai's and Saifiti's brothers all playing together. Halangahu's coming up through the ranks as well.
Jesse Marschke is a twin also

Gardenia

Juniors
Yes obvious that Flanagans first day was to look at tje players contracts. He would have shit himself seeing Lomax 850 & 875 years still ahead. As great as he is playing now still seems way over for me.

Who were the dickheads responsible? ( you can add Jacks 800 & Sullivan 500 as well )
Yes and the Corey Norman @ $900K - that was a clanger that one

Gardenia

Juniors
I really can't agree with your statement.... "he hasn't put in for us for the duration of his career".
I reckon he's tried his best, but remember, he was playing Center, outside some of the worst halves combinations you can imagine.
and to his credit, Flanno has identified his attributes for the wing position, and they've been exploited to the fullest.
hats off to Flanno!
Flanno has said recently it wasn't just him it was other coaching staff as well came up with that suggestion and also he has put in 100% in that position. Hats off to Flanno for the people mgt skills to get Zacs motivation up.

It has not always been up and thats not on him - Griffin had him kicking off a tee that he wasn't used to generally mucked with his game.

denis preston

First Grade
Flanno has said recently it wasn't just him it was other coaching staff as well came up with that suggestion and also he has put in 100% in that position. Hats off to Flanno for the people mgt skills to get Zacs motivation up.

It has not always been up and thats not on him - Griffin had him kicking off a tee that he wasn't used to generally mucked with his game.
Flanagan was one of the coaching staff in some of those years with Lomax ! His only defense is if he wanted change but was vetoed by Hook.

denis preston

First Grade
Also to me Flanagan does not seem to be a back our youth coach. The Couchmans are a case in point. So not holding my breath for a couple of our best young junior forwards, Loko Jr and Finau Latu to get a start let alone a run of games next season.
Jesus, you’re on a negative run today ! Loko & Latu shouldn’t see NRL for at least 2 years. Coachman’s off season will be intense & determine how many games & minutes they get next year.

TheRev

First Grade
A premature thrusting into NRL can destroy careers (especially young forwards). Slowly, slowly is generally more successful. The Couchman boys are being bought along very nicely, thank you.
I agree with this, I didnt see the big panic fans here were in to get them out of cup and into first grade.. the kids are 20.5yrs old, they gonna get lots of games before the end of the year.. dont need them playing 1st grade every week.

I would like to see Ryan get a game in the next few weeks though... injury wise we have been lucky.

JDB was on SEN today, he was asked who the strongest at the club were in the weights room.. there was a few of em obviously, but he said the Couchmans were the surprise packet in terms of how strong they were in those frames.

redv13

Bench
I agree with this, I didnt see the big panic fans here were in to get them out of cup and into first grade.. the kids are 20.5yrs old, they gonna get lots of games before the end of the year.. dont need them playing 1st grade every week.

I would like to see Ryan get a game in the next few weeks though... injury wise we have been lucky.

JDB was on SEN today, he was asked who the strongest at the club were in the weights room.. there was a few of em obviously, but he said the Couchmans were the surprise packet in terms of how strong they were in those frames.
I think Toby has proven he’s good enough to be in the 17 each week now and hope Flanno keeps him there. Ryan, not too far off, he should get his chance next year with a big off season.
Re sign JDB (2 yrs), bring in D Saifiti and say Guler or R Hunt and f**k off Lawrie

TheRev

First Grade
I think Toby has proven he’s good enough to be in the 17 each week now and hope Flanno keeps him there. Ryan, not too far off, he should get his chance next year with a big off season.
Re sign JDB (2 yrs), bring in D Saifiti and say Guler and f**k off Lawrie
I do agree, but I dont think either couchman necessarily needs to be there 'each week', I think the workload has to be monitored, just make sure we dont overdo it too early.. but if they can handle it physically and mentally then all good.. thats the beauty of starting mid season.. now its only half a season to get through..

redv13

Bench
JDB was on SEN today, I did want to slap him.. it did sound like contract talks were moving forward, and he thought should be resolved in the next 1-2 weeks.. I feel like ffs, resolve it today.. sign the damn document.
I’m a bit disappointed in Jack to be honest. After everything the club did for him over that 2.5 year period and still paid him big $$$. This was his chance to repay the loyalty and sign on even if it was for 2025 only. Keep playing good footy and I’m sure a contract for 2026 would look after itself. He should have jumped at it not been a stubborn bugger. Hopefully it’s good news soon