What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Apparently, we are in talks with both Feagai's.

Don't know what they are talking about, but they are talking.

In fairness, Matt has been much improved this year, and Max seemingly more focused on playing.

Serviceable back-ups, but do they take up top 30 spots? Would definitely blow out some '25 squad predictions if they were.
It's the about face that gets me. From shopping them around at the beginning of the season to now signing Matt (as I understand) for 25/26. Max imo is the less talented twin- not that Matt is a worldbeater- but Max will probably get signed up as well.

It seems to me that the Dragons have a problem with managing siblings- (OK the Couchmans haven't been too bad for us so far but give it time). Frank Molo, I get- on the other hand, I can't remember Michael pulling of a bit hit, making a break or doing anything memorable but he's signed for 2025- why?

Dragons4me

Juniors
Reported that JDB extends for a year.
I'm OK with this. Sounds like Flanno is carefully shoring up the roster in a crowded marketplace (pardon the mixed metaphor), which is only going to get busier before season '25. The Dogs continue to buy with their unlimited budget, still with a bucket-load of players currently on their roster who are blissfully unaware they won't be there next year!
Don't you love the family club?

TheRev

First Grade
Max is a tricky one, im not sure who else would be our right ctr in nsw cup next year.. but unless we offload a bunch of excess players, there is just no room for a Top30 contract at this stage. Flanno needs to keep going after a game-breaker also.. if not Blaize.. someone else.. its one of the easier positions to recruit (relatively).

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Re Max Fegai

I suspect Max will actually take a supp player contract when thinking about it a little more

Higher base than a $1,200pw T&T contract and not limited to rd 11 before starting FG

$100k pa as a supp player “old development player” and from 2024 supp players can play NRL if required from rd 1

Plus if we need to move him up mid year or earlier in 2025 to a Top30 $135k pa base contract we could if a spot frees up

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
It's the about face that gets me. From shopping them around at the beginning of the season to now signing Matt (as I understand) for 25/26. Max imo is the less talented twin- not that Matt is a worldbeater- but Max will probably get signed up as well.

It seems to me that the Dragons have a problem with managing siblings- (OK the Couchmans haven't been too bad for us so far but give it time). Frank Molo, I get- on the other hand, I can't remember Michael pulling of a bit hit, making a break or doing anything memorable but he's signed for 2025- why?
The Feagais are a funny one. I remember coming through the word was that Max was more talented (hence debuting sooner) but Matt has shown to have a much better work ethic

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Can't think why DS- Max is now 23yo- not a kid anymore-is he really going to get any better?
Max is playing 100% better than last year, which still, imo, is only equal to 50% of what he is capable of. He has a young family (his 'mrs' is/was an NRLW player for us) and will serve us well in ressies and an emergency first grade sub.

Will he get better?, well thst ball is in his court and he may just be happy to run around on a T&T contract wage.

We can have as many T&T players as we wish but is capped by the NRL on the total $$ spent on each contract. Normally, around 8 - 12 players would fit into this bucket. They can also be for a few weeks up to 1yr long.

This is why I think he will be offered this type of contract.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
It might not be relevant if uthink Max gets on our top30 list for 2025 ?

there are two spots left wow

as per Flano

1. a large prop
2. A classy back

Top30 contract $135k pa base in 2025

A supp player contract is now $100k pa and can play from rd 1

TT contract $1200pw plus $3k per NRL game played after round 11

I think ur partners plays at the Dragons

you have a baby

U live local

Sydney is unaffordable

your brother is now there till 2026 in the top30

no other clubs offering any better than u start to look at all options including part time work while playing on a TT

I would have thought the Supp Player contract $100k pa might make sense

ps I don’t think that TT contracts are capped in total available dollars in the TT pool at each club just the amount per player

my understanding is that if a player on a TT gets into playing FG then the ratchet is that is applied against the cap and game payments maybe applied against next years also ?

the TTs are the perfect antidote for small junior feeder clubs like Roosters. They probably engineered them and the current way they are applied lol

Last edited:
In terms of young centres, no one is really
knocking on the door of first grade. So Max Fegai may provide reasonable depth for the next 12 months.

If Flanno were to snare Blaize Talagi, all bets are off.

barry

Bench
In terms of young centres, no one is really
knocking on the door of first grade. So Max Fegai may provide reasonable depth for the next 12 months.

If Flanno were to snare Blaize Talagi, all bets are off.
Why is that?
Who is the backup is Suli or Talagi get injured?

Not every player in your top 30 is going to be an origin star, but you need depth, the last thing you want is Eisenhuth playing centres…. We all know how that turned out.
The twins would be cheap, good depth players can cover 1-5

Latest posts