What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
Guys
Hearing there are dramas at the Broncs with classy back Deine Mariner
Argument purely over preferred back line position between He and Walters
Ideal replacement for Lomax ( if that happens) ...prefers Centre but is being groomed for Wing
A big YES from me. Pleeaasse. Great speed, power through the line and step. Not a high jumper but class.

maestro1

Bench
The kid is a freak. Not a giant at 183cm but at 110kg he just drags defenders with him every time he runs the ball. Even in u19 origin being the youngest one on the field he made runs where he had 20pcm per carry. He's also a firebrand that can pull off a massive hit and also has good footwork for a big fella and has great leadership qualities.
Very similar to Leniu in build and leg speed

Heard that Jason Ryles has got the job at the Eels. 4 Year contract. Good luck to him. He will need it.
David. Given the way he snubbed us I find it harder to wish him success. Also nabbing our best back while they won’t relinquish there’s… I don’t mind the Eels but I can’t say I hope he has too much success in his first coaching role.

Dragon David

First Grade
David. Given the way he snubbed us I find it harder to wish him success. Also nabbing our best back while they won’t relinquish there’s… I don’t mind the Eels but I can’t say I hope he has too much success in his first coaching role.
Yes I agree and I hated what he did to us but in saying that, he has had good head coaches (Bellamy and Robinson) when he was the assistant coaches with them at the Storm and Roosters respectively to help him in his new role. He will know what a good system is and how to apply it. His focus will be on defence which is important to winning games.

He will snare Nelson and the Storm will get Stefano. We will get maybe Daniel Safiti.

Old Timer

Coach
He snubbed us lol

He asked for things he needed and we said no.

Our new coach asked for his son and got him and Dean Young and now look where we are.

Ryles rightfully got 4 years to improve what is a basket case and no doubt will improve the Eels especially via their juniors and we will sit sucking our thumbs asking how did that happen.

maestro1

Bench
I can"t blame Rylesy for balking at our gig. He asked for some things to be put in place and the Club's perpetual problem (Our dysfunctional, irremovable board) wouldn't accommodate.

Rylesy is a good bloke and he deserves to have a red hot crack at being a head coach without the fxckwits running this club making his job harder than it needs to be. The only club I want to succeed is the Dragons, but I'm not going to wish failure on Rylesy. He served this club well in his playing days.

Dragon David

First Grade
He snubbed us lol

Our new coach asked for his son and got him and Dean Young and now look where we are.

Ryles rightfully got 4 years to improve what is a basket case and no doubt will improve the Eels especially via their juniors and we will sit sucking our thumbs asking how did that happen.
In a way I can foresee this happening unfortunately. In hindsight, the useless Board we had/have stuffed us up. They were very keen to hire Ryles but when he wanted what he considered the necessities to have success, they most probably laughed at him and said no and we know what happened as a result.

The Eels will have a very decent spine, good backs and forwards and a good nursery of young players coming through their system. As I said earlier, Ryles will go after Nelson Asofa-Solomona I feel sure (he has worked with him at the Storm) and several others to improve what they have already and has Lomax going there next year.

I don't think that Ryles will do a backflip on the Eels as he did to us. The Eels will allow him a lot of free rein and be able to get the staff he needs to assist him.

I can see it now. The game between us and the Eels will be held at CommBank Stadium and I can already predict a win to the Eels.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Ryles' appointment at the Eels is just further proof that our BOD didn't want to give a head coach autonomy to run the club, which obviously made Ryles reconsider his options.

Low and behold we went for the desperado drug cheat who no one else wanted as a head coach and he and our BOD are all happy that the noise has settled down due to a few mediocre wins in his first season in charge. The fraud made absolutely no demands for any changes and accepted the job gleefully and we're now going to be stuck in the doldrums for the next 2-3 years that he is our coach.

Let's just hope our next coach isn't Dean Young and actually puts some pressure on the BOD to give them autonomy and make the changes that are so desperately needed the same way Ryles tried to.

All the best to Ryles and the Eels for the upcoming seasons, im sure they'll see the benefits of his coaching skill set.

maestro1

Bench
Ryles' appointment at the Eels is just further proof that our BOD didn't want to give a head coach autonomy to run the club, which obviously made Ryles reconsider his options.

Low and behold we went for the desperado drug cheat who no one else wanted as a head coach and he and our BOD are all happy that the noise has settled down due to a few mediocre wins in his first season in charge. The fraud made absolutely no demands for any changes and accepted the job gleefully and we're now going to be stuck in the doldrums for the next 2-3 years that he is our coach.

Let's just hope our next coach isn't Dean Young and actually puts some pressure on the BOD to give them autonomy and make the changes that are so desperately needed the same way Ryles tried to.

All the best to Ryles and the Eels for the upcoming seasons, im sure they'll see the benefits of his coaching skill set.
Did we lose yesterday? We must have because that "I'm Hornby" character is posting again. How did we get from a Ryles story to a "trash Flanno" story again. It is the only sentiment he can discuss (ad nauseum). Find another song for Fxck sake. What a broken record.

denis preston

First Grade
He snubbed us lol

Where we are is a lot better than last year.

Latest posts