What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Illusion

Bench
Lol you don’t have to look back very far I actually posted that if given a fair go by the refs and if we happened to have a good day with Hunt’s kicking game we might just sneak a win despite the obvious advantages the Roosters had.

So having gotten that out of the road I note your negativity in thinking that objectivity is unbalanced.

By all means tell me why I should be upbeat about any of the following

Dean Young Snr Assistant Head Coach in charge of defence and H C in waiting

Kyle Flanagan a lock in at 5/8 for 2024/5

Signing of Nu Brown, C T, J M, H S

Picking Lawrie every week

Extending Bird and playing him in the centres

Losing Lomax & Tamali

Suffering several times the biggest losing margins in the St GI era

Not being able to secure a decent player even remotely approaching SOO quality

So desperate that we are talking to Lodge and eulogising that would be good for our club

Still pursuing Hunt to extend despite years of abject failure

Suffer watching the same game plan of predominantly 5 hit ups and a shit kick from Hunt intermingled with the occasional brain explosion dumb option of run it on the 5th and give a hospital pass

Maybe in your world that is all acceptable or maybe just needs to be swept under the carpet while we all hold hands and rejoice that we have won more games than we did last year when we sacked a coach that had lost the dressing room and we put a rookie in charge.

FMD if we are lucky we might struggle past where we got to in 2022 when everyone claimed that Hooks result was shit and any old coach could have done heaps better.

No doubt there are more excuses to come
I just can’t wait.
"Still pursuing Hunt to extend despite years of abject failure" This is my biggest gripe , Hunt has failed year after year as an organizing 7 , same mid field bombs to an opposing player , giving the opposition 7 set tackles from his kicking game , never getting repeat sets when the game is tight ........ Never challenges the Refs as a captain and they want to resign him and let Lomax go who is younger and finally filling his potential ........ That will do me .......

SEAT 1A

Bench
Read on the Roar, Reg from Parra available to other clubs from November 1.

The problem is we are a few years away for the big fish without paying overs or needing other clubs to agree.

I'd be going hard for Reg and Saifiti, who are available and spend the money needed to get them here as we just wait any longer.

TruSaint

Referee

The problem is we are a few years away for the big fish without paying overs or needing other clubs to agree.

I'd be going hard for Reg and Saifiti, who are available and spend the money needed to get them here as we just wait any longer.

Yeah, we miss so much when F Molo gets rested.
These 2 you mention would be a massive upgrade on our forwards.
Or NAS and one of the above. We need metre eaters big time.

shazam

Juniors
I so agree
"Still pursuing Hunt to extend despite years of abject failure" This is my biggest gripe , Hunt has failed year after year as an organizing 7 , same mid field bombs to an opposing player , giving the opposition 7 set tackles from his kicking game , never getting repeat sets when the game is tight ........ Never challenges the Refs as a captain and they want to resign him and let Lomax go who is younger and finally filling his potential ........ That will do me .......

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Z

Zac can tell Ryles his mate Blocker is a good swap for RCG

Phantom V

Juniors
I agree mate. I generally try and remain positive about our trajectory but retaining Hunt is a head scratcher.

Well surely I didn’t have to repeat everything.

So all the caveats as you call them have no foundation for concern, discussion, consideration?

Nothing to see anywhere all tickety boo rah rah Flanno.

FMD do some serious analysis FFS.

Spare me the phony sanctimony.
'rah rah Flanno' and there it is - You just hate Flanno

Underneath everything you blame it all unrealistically on Flanno.
It was not Flanno's fault Ryles dropped out.
On appointment Its not Flanno's fault we have a dysfunctional Board, or a shite roster. It's not Flanno's fault he inherited a losing culture and a recruitment department who don't even have a fingerprint on NRL recruitment. Most of the existing contracts, especially Lawrie, had nothing to do with Flanno.

Flanno took it all on, probably including DY, but he has rolled up his sleeves and is putting in the hard work. He is not only desperate to coach but he is desperate to win. Perhaps atonement for the past?

Remove the emotion and neither Lomax or Tamale are Flanno's fault. Nor did he extend Bird (Player option)
You complain we can't recruit SOO quality but don't give Flanno any credit for Lomax SOO inclusion

I look at your solutions and individually I see much merit and agree but combine your solutions and we now have a team with no halves, 2 nameless wingers with untold speed and no replacement for Zac

And by the way, this is a site for opinions of Dragon fans, not the O.T. appreciation society, despite your perceived 'clear delineations'. (WTF)
Your objectiveness is always clouded by your moral stance regarding the coach. All can see it but you

Fact: despite all the barriers we have won more games than we did last year under Flanno and there are more to come 2024 (surely Ryles would have had us in the top four by now- Hahaha)

So call me what you want - I prefer optimism rather than being a miserable sack of @#$%!

Who’s head is in the sand now?

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach

On appointment Its not Flanno's fault we have a dysfunctional Board, or a shite roster. It's not Flanno's fault he inherited a losing culture and a recruitment department who don't even have a fingerprint on NRL recruitment. Most of the existing contracts, especially, Lawrie, had nothing to do with Flanno.

Flanno took it all on, probably including DY, but he has rolled up his sleeves and is putting in the hard work. He is not only desperate to coach but he is desperate to win. Perhaps atonement for the past?

Remove the emotion and neither Lomax or Tamale are Flanno's fault. Nor did he extend Bird (Player option)
You complain we can't recruit SOO quality but don't give Flanno any credit for Lomax SOO inclusion

I look at your solutions and individually I see much merit and agree but combine your solutions and we now have a team with no halves, 2 nameless wingers with untold speed and no replacement for Zac

And by the way, this is a site for opinions of Dragon fans, not the O.T. appreciation society, despite your perceived 'clear delineations'. (WTF)
Your objectiveness is always clouded by your moral stance regarding the coach. All can see it but you

Fact: despite all the barriers we have won more games than we did last year under Flanno and there are more to come 2024 (surely Ryles would have had us in the top four by now- Hahaha)

So call me what you want - I prefer optimism rather than being a miserable sack of @#$%!

Lol look at you.

I never said he was responsible for Lawrie's contract I talked about how he continually picked him and finally after 18 rounds the penny has dropped hallelujah although I do suspect he will make it back before season end.

I never said he was repsonsible for Ryle's dropping out what I said / inferred was he was willing to sell his sole and acquiesced to that which Ryle's wouldn't and other words in his desperation to coach he meekly compromised himself.

If S F had of dropped Bird to where he belongs due you think he would have taken up his player option? No he had to kiss Bird on the dick and recall thrills from a bygone era and talk his future up and topped it off when he suggested Nu Brown had done a good job for him previously FMD it's 2024 and signed him as well.

Lomax on the wing is a relevation and see's a prodigious talent realising his potential so well done but then let's him go FFS where was the tough hard nosed f**k it Zac you've got a contract? If Zac was bad for morale and S F couldn't change it good luck with Lodge.

Whilst I certainly don't hold a candle for S F I have never questioned his work ethic nor his commitment what I do question is his ability to turn this club around and take it where it should be. Why you ask well because I see him as a self serving individual that was absolutely blessed by having Gallen, Holes and Barba.

A couple more wins than 2023 is not a convincing argument but by all means hang onto that and when we have a war chest not spent on any remotely decent player make an excuse for that because obviously he is just unlucky

For the record I can also tell you that many Polynesian players are very christian and do not / will not abide by drugs so whilst you might discount that as a reason some would avoid us you do so out of ignorance rather than knowledge.

Lol look at you.

I never said he was responsible for Lawrie's contract I talked about how he continually picked him and finally after 18 rounds the penny has dropped hallelujah although I do suspect he will make it back before season end.

I never said he was repsonsible for Ryle's dropping out what I said / inferred was he was willing to sell his sole and acquiesced to that which Ryle's wouldn't and other words in his desperation to coach he meekly compromised himself.

If S F had of dropped Bird to where he belongs due you think he would have taken up his player option? No he had to kiss Bird on the dick and recall thrills from a bygone era and talk his future up and topped it off when he suggested Nu Brown had done a good job for him previously FMD it's 2024 and signed him as well.

Lomax on the wing is a relevation and see's a prodigious talent realising his potential so well done but then let's him go FFS where was the tough hard nosed f**k it Zac you've got a contract? If Zac was bad for morale and S F couldn't change it good luck with Lodge.

Whilst I certainly don't hold a candle for S F I have never questioned his work ethic nor his commitment what I do question is his ability to turn this club around and take it where it should be. Why you ask well because I see him as a self serving individual that was absolutely blessed by having Gallen, Holes and Barba.

A couple more wins than 2023 is not a convincing argument but by all means hang onto that and when we have a war chest not spent on any remotely decent player make an excuse for that because obviously he is just unlucky

For the record I can also tell you that many Polynesian players are very christian and do not / will not abide by drugs so whilst you might discount that as a reason some would avoid us you do so out of ignorance rather than knowledge.
"Selling his soul" IMO = He made the concessions demanded of him = my exact definition of desparate. Hence Dean Young and Kyle F deal,. So why would Flanno constantly pick Blake Lawie?

You reckon the BOD have zero to do with this?
Who signed off on the overpriced extended contract - BOD
Who's look stupid if Lawrie was dropped - BOD
And we already all agree that our BOD is known for overriding a coach.

i don't crucify Flannagan for being in that situation. From his perspective "It is what it is" but I bet he'll get something in return

Why does he keep picking Lawrie?
I think it's not black and white

Re the rest, exaggerated beyond belief.

Last edited:

saintmar

Juniors
This is the coachs’ decision he must want an early exit from his coaching role.

shazam

Juniors
I so agree

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Lol look at you.

Whilst you are accusing some of mis information, let’s not forget 50% of the team would be Polynesian already, with many publicly supportive of Flanno’s coaching impact.

BLM01

First Grade
Lol look at you.

How do you know Flanno comprised himself.?
How do you know the reasons Ryles walked away from us, you saying because he would not get full control.?
You were not part of the recruitment so you are guessing as usual

We all agree the team could, should play better and we need a better roster,.,but have been saying that since Bmoz, Beau Scott and Sowie left

You think the Eels are going to give Ryles full control of everything without some reigns from the BOD as is a rookie
All boards have a say on how things roll including here at the Dragons
Look at Ciraldo in his first couple of years.. Gus has big say in recruiting
Even Bellamy gets over ruled on recruitment targets (I would say sparingly)
Bennett probably about the only coach in such high demand that tells a BOD to sit down and let me do all the football club stuff
You honestly just dont like Flanno and you have told us why many times and that is your choice.
But swearing via Acronyms does not make anyone take more notice and weakens to your view
I see the team improving this year and that is all I asked Santa for
I see Flanno taking us down a right road in terms of culture, he just needs to be able to herd in some more cattle along the way

denis preston

First Grade

On appointment Its not Flanno's fault we have a dysfunctional Board, or a shite roster. It's not Flanno's fault he inherited a losing culture and a recruitment department who don't even have a fingerprint on NRL recruitment. Most of the existing contracts, especially Lawrie, had nothing to do with Flanno.

Wow, one of the posts of the year !