What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

As for RCG, hes not on the market officially like all the others are.. but I think its just bluddy messy with their roster.. if the Eels get rid of him they need a prop in his place.. and they dont know how much money they are going to get for him yet.. they will be paying some of it.. the whole is thing is so messy... the eels do atleast have 1 spot in their top30 and some cash freed up, now that blaize is gone though.
Straight swap for Lawrie

possm

Coach
I guess I cannot complain that clubs like the Storm keep getting into finals each year for years when the Dragons had that golden period and many years after that so it will be our turn again one day. Just have to be patient as they say.
It's all got to do with the capacity of the club management. We had Frank Facer and when we had excellent coaches afterward; Bath, and Bennett, we won the GF.
Although Flano has alluded to recruiting a

spearhead prop
Strike back
Half

I can’t help but feel Jack Williams from the sharks who is still off contract would be the gritty fast ball playing middle backrower that Flano likes

ie if a few players move on you would think he may a worthy addition?

Birdy - Max F
Lawrie - another experienced value prop
Fafita - Jack Williams
Rava - ?
Egan - ?

If Fafita was on close to $250-$300k pa I would think the Sharks would offer more than $350k ish for Jack Williams

he brings intensity and we are seeing teams that get a roll on in the NRL this year just pile on points

big scores

he is quick off the mark, opportunistic and aggressive

Off-Field
We desperately need:
A good defensive coach
A good recruitment and Retention Management Team
A good GM of Football

Two top-quality props RCG and?
A new halfback or five-eighth - Shuster
A left center - Suli to right-center?
A first-grade fullback - Holmes

John moz

Juniors
All of the above but no shuster for me to slow for a 6 . If sloan doesn't perform in the game v Storm it could be a blood bath he will need to be released. The young fullback for Gold Coast today killed it won them the game .

hewi

Bench
registered-breach-pixel

What’s the Buzz: Corey Horsburgh seeks Raiders release with Dragons the likely destination​

Former Queensland Origin and out-of-favour Canberra star Corey Horsburgh is all but set on a move away from the Raiders, and the Dragons just might be the perfect fit.
Phil Rothfield Phil Rothfield

@BuzzRothfield

less than 2 min read
August 3, 2024 - 7:00PM
News Sport Network
https://archive.md/Vgwto/again?url=.../e65ccabe3f0f5f0bf79f4a52bd509029#share-tools
d14a859aa9b694822acb7e5ba9a6f182e6273eff.jpg

Raiders forward Corey Horsburgh has been sent off in a NSW Cup game for throwing punches at an opponent. (Via FoxLeague)
Struggling State of Origin forward Corey Horsburgh wants to quit the Canberra Raiders – and his most likely destination is the St George Illawarra Dragons.
His manager Jeff Jurotte approached the Raiders last week for a release from the final three years of his contract to get a fresh start elsewhere after struggles with his mental health.
Horsburgh was chosen for the Queensland Maroons last year but has played only three NRL matches this season due to injuries and two suspensions.
He signed a contract extension with the Raiders only last year in July worth close to $2 million.
Jurotte has confirmed his player now wants out.
Corey Horsburgh played for the Maroons in 2023. Picture: Getty Images

Corey Horsburgh played for the Maroons in 2023. Picture: Getty Images
“I’ve spoken to Don Furner (Raiders CEO) and he’s been terrific,” Jurotte said.
“We both can’t believe how things have deteriorated in the last 12 months.
“Corey’s whole life revolves around his footy. When he’s not playing footy, things can get difficult. We feel he needs a fresh start.”
Horsburgh had a brain explosion in a recent NSW Cup game against the Warriors where he was charged with headbutting and punching an opponent.
He pleaded guilty to both charges – and then sought professional help for his mental health through the NRL welfare department.
Although the Raiders have not officially granted Horsburgh a release, although it appears a formality, the St George-Illawarra Dragons are set to pounce.
Canberra's Corey Horsburgh loses the plot in a NSW Cup match against the Warriors.

Canberra's Corey Horsburgh loses the plot in a NSW Cup match against the Warriors.
There has also been some interest from the Wests Tigers – and he is also a Redcliffe junior.
Horsburgh is close to Saints five-eighth Kyle Flanagan from playing together as junior Kangaroos.
The Dragons believe they can get the best out of the tearaway forward.
They have chased a number of big names on the open market including Blaize Talagi, Stefano Utoikamanu, Sunia Turuva, Connor Tracey and Addin Fonua-Blake but keep getting knock backs.
Horsburgh is a different story.
He’s keen to go there and will certainly add some punch to their pack

TheRev

First Grade
Dragons just might be the perfect fit.
I love how the title makes it seem like its likely to happen, then it switches to "well like it might be a good fit" instead.. he might be cheap given hes not playing 1st grade.. I guess time will tell... winning tonight once again makes a huge difference in terms of player managers taking us seriously.

Originally in favour of Horsborough as just like Schuster there would be big value there if he hits form (and I trust Flano to get it from him) but there's not too many players running around thick enough to throw punches in the modern game. That's a worry.

I've seen Kerr do some amazing things at the Dolphins but he has never mastered the mental side of things and done some costly stupid stuff that turned things for his team the last two weeks and lead to losses. I want great players at our club and I believe in Corey's ability but we don't need more 'stupid' players without wanting to sound offensive.

shiloh dc

Juniors
Congratulations to Scotty Pendlebury (Collingwood) for playing 400 games of AFL. A wonderful player who stepped down from the captaincy role for the good of the team. I wish Ben Hunt could learn from his example.
GOCF!