What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Crush

Coach
Didn’t the strongest club just lose their best prop, star half and a centre? They’ve lost more than they’ve gained.
As they should lose more than they gain! They are the strongest club.
It shits me that players like Dom Knight leave the knights, who need every bit of him, to go to Roosters who have a talent in every position.
Tigers are getting a couple of players from Penrith (an example of how it should work) but then lose their best props in Papali’i and Stefano to the top teams so they’re back at square one.
The top teams are strong enough to be competitive without taking the best players from the weakest teams.
And yes I know I’m living in fairyland and it’s just how it is.

jak

Bench
As they should lose more than they gain! They are the strongest club.
It shits me that players like Dom Knight leave the knights, who need every bit of him, to go to Roosters who have a talent in every position.
Tigers are getting a couple of players from Penrith (an example of how it should work) but then lose their best props in Papali’i and Stefano to the top teams so they’re back at square one.
The top teams are strong enough to be competitive without taking the best players from the weakest teams.
And yes I know I’m living in fairyland and it’s just how it is.
100% agree with you

Might as well break into two comps at this stage. It’s become a bit like the English Premier League where you have your super powers and then the rest are there for making up numbers despite the salary cap in place. In theory the cap should work but it doesn’t.

How much of it is privilege?
How much of it is just being a better run club with more aspiration?
How much of it is a pure rort?

I don’t know, I expect it’s all three but what I do know is we are wasting our time going after any players that those super clubs set their eye on.

This has all been demoralising. Losing Lomax is the icing on the cake.

Bin Chicken

Juniors
Might as well break into two comps at this stage. It’s become a bit like the English Premier League where you have your super powers and then the rest are there for making up numbers despite the salary cap in place. In theory the cap should work but it doesn’t.

How much of it is privilege?
How much of it is just being a better run club with more aspiration?
How much of it is a pure rort?

I don’t know, I expect it’s all three but what I do know is we are wasting our time going after any players that those super clubs set their eye on.

This has all been demoralising. Losing Lomax is the icing on the cake.
Losing Lomax is a blessing