What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
In the RCG fox article it states he is now not going to the cowboys as the money not available with Holmes due to be staying NQ for another year..Saifiti has looked average this season.
Until VH finds or confirms a deal elsewhere for 2025 then NQ have the funds which they want to happen
They just can’t force it if it will cost them $$$$
It is worded correctly for the status quo when it is written

Biglance

Bench
Apparently you are not the only one who believes so Biglance . However the Big Red V’s ‘ point differential ‘ is -108 , a huge amount of points to make up just to get on an even keel .

The Dragons play the Titans , Sharks , Parramatta and Canberra - a very big ask from our lads who seem unable to put in 2 good consecutive performances . We need to win each of our remaining matches to get in the semis - that will eliminate our shocking minus for and against .

For what it is worth , I bleed and weep for our boys in every match and have done so for well over half a century , so I can assure you that I get no satisfaction in having ‘ a terrible take ‘ upon our chances , I look at it as being realistic .
we need to win three imo

BLM01

First Grade
I’ve heard that Holmes is 99% coming to St George next year

I’ve also heard that Corey Horsburgh will be going the Canterbury

Dragons to go all out to bring the Daniel Saifiti deal over the line and also turn there attention towards RCG
Gus again approaching players 11th hour because we show an interest first just before we do a deal although last minute price push
I will have my $1,on us to do it

Gus again approaching players 11th hour because we show an interest first just before we do a deal although last minute price push
I will have my $1,on us to do it
If the dogs want to pay more to have him they can have him. Just expect us to offer the right price and stick with it. Some players we have pursued are worth getting into a bidding war over e.g. AFB but not Horsborough.

TheRev

First Grade
It wont be a bidding war.. we cant compete with the dogs as a destination right now..... Gus says he doesnt even talk dollars until hes found out what the player wants in life etc etc.. and they confirm they want to be a bulldog.. sweet jesus.

That said someone has to actually pay out this contract to the Raiders, so its not completely Coreys decision... they will have to pay it minus some amount they can talk the raiders into paying.

BIG RIG

Juniors
What a difference a week can make aye

last week we are riding high after beating the storm

this week , we loose at home against arch rivals infront of 18 000

loose our spot in the 8

loose both Suli and Sele for the season

could loose Kyle Flanagan for multiple weeks

and now sounds like we have failed in negotiations with multiple key targets for 2025

great stuff

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Yeah

The winter sets were pumping and now it is an early spring in Byron and not a wave 😝

I must say though……..most of the players on the market are moving on cause they are not wanted, not performing so good…… except for the Trail Blazer who everyone wanted !

TheRev

First Grade
maybe sort of true

pretty sure Stephen, Josh, Matt, Toby, Josh, Reed, Viliame, Blake, Drew, Kurt, Karl, Ryan all came for the money to the Dogs

I stopped counting at 12 players ie almost a starting NRL team :)
Agree, but now theyre coming cause of a team on the rise with some absolute quality in that roster and just missing a couple more.

But the first few signings were years ago.. AdoCarr, Mahoney and Kikau and then Burton.. like you have to get those first few in the door.. the dogs were awful back then.. but flanno is sort of missing the start so to speak... cook + holmes would be something...

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Agree, but now theyre coming cause of a team on the rise with some absolute quality in that roster and just missing a couple more.

But the first few signings were years ago.. AdoCarr, Mahoney and Kikau and then Burton.. like you have to get those first few in the door.. the dogs were awful back then.. but flanno is sort of missing the start so to speak... cook + holmes would be something...
Agree

I was more alluding to Flano is doing it on the run where the Dogs didnt

Dogs finally are winning

Flano has made that happen with less flashy and much less expensive signings for 2024 and got us 10mins already and we may finish with 12 or 13 wins

shitty market to get players in also

amazing first year at the helm with what we have by Shane

Bulldogs brought in some absolute gem players and nothing happened until this season

TheRev

First Grade
I thought the Cows had 2 young centres, Laybutt will be 23 when next season starts.. perfect for a first grade spot youd think... Purdue was the other one I thought they played @ctr, but hes listed as a halfback.. that kids only 19.. anyway so if im Laybutt im probably happy knowing that Holmes has 1 year only remaining.. but the cows need to lock him up at some point.. he can be poached come Nov 1.

We havent missed Holmes yet though.. nothing is official.. but definitely a whole different ball game if we have to try and entice young players out of their contracts... Holmes is different because Flanno knows him.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Buzz on 360 said

Holmes and his manager approached the Roosters a month ago and stated that he was keen to move back to Sydney and the Roosters werent interested

Flanno heard about this and met with him and the club have offered him 3 yrs 850 000 per year

Now Holmes has decided he wants to stay but the cowboys still want to move him on

so they sounds to me that the bloke doesn’t wanna play for St George you can rule him out now

We are not an appealing option for anyone

Cook only signed cause his only other option was Huddersfield lmao