What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

jak

Bench
Hi Guys

I started my goodbye on the Rumours thread so I think the best thing for me to do is try and rekindle my love of this Forum by posting my return on this thread. The two day cooling off period has finished.

Well you all could see how frustrated I was mainly because the bloomin' judiciary was so harsh with Kyle's biting charge and the person who caused it got off Scott free. I still am not happy with the outcome and of course it is bleeding obvious that Kyle would be very unhappy as well but now that the decision was made that is the end of it and we can now look forward to better things happening at the club and to see how the team will go in the remaining games with a "new" 5/8th.

I am sorry that I might have upset you lot and I am so appreciative of your comments. They truly touched my heart and how could I not do anything else but resume my seat in this great Forum.

Good things are happening and the future will be brighter for the Dragons. 2024 so far has been quite successful and given who we have playing for us, we have done quite OK.

New signings for us to look forward to and the New Year year will be a greater one for us.

Cheers All.

Now I can "like, wow, laugh and make comments" on the posts that you have all made since I got lost in disappointment land.
oh dave you got out and then you let them drag you back in, wecome back mate

RedVDave

First Grade
Hi Guys

I started my goodbye on the Rumours thread so I think the best thing for me to do is try and rekindle my love of this Forum by posting my return on this thread. The two day cooling off period has finished.

Well you all could see how frustrated I was mainly because the bloomin' judiciary was so harsh with Kyle's biting charge and the person who caused it got off Scott free. I still am not happy with the outcome and of course it is bleeding obvious that Kyle would be very unhappy as well but now that the decision was made that is the end of it and we can now look forward to better things happening at the club and to see how the team will go in the remaining games with a "new" 5/8th.

I am sorry that I might have upset you lot and I am so appreciative of your comments. They truly touched my heart and how could I not do anything else but resume my seat in this great Forum.

Good things are happening and the future will be brighter for the Dragons. 2024 so far has been quite successful and given who we have playing for us, we have done quite OK.

New signings for us to look forward to and the New Year year will be a greater one for us.

Cheers All.

Now I can "like, wow, laugh and make comments" on the posts that you have all made since I got lost in disappointment land.
Absolutely love your input on the forum mate so glad to see your return you're 100% the decision was a farce made worse by the fact it was Scumterbury of all teams and the judiciary conveniently suspends him for 4 games (the amount of H&A games left) as a way of saying F U Dragons fans we don't want you in the semis that wasn't part of our plan but hopefully we can ruin the nrls plan by making a cameo there and saying F U to them Flanno will use as huge motivation for sure!

possm

Coach
Interesting one

South Sydney make shock play for Josh Schuster​

Adrian Proszenko

By Adrian Proszenko

August 15, 2024 — 10.03am
Save

Normal text sizeALarger text sizeAVery large text sizeA

Wayne Bennett is considering throwing a lifeline to Josh Schuster at South Sydney next season.
Schuster has been in limbo after accepting a $1 million severance package to come off Manly’s books earlier this season.
After parting company with the Sea Eagles in April, the 23-year-old opted to take the rest of the season off to get himself into the best possible mental and physical shape to make a comeback in the NRL.

https://archive.md/tRohC/again?url=...-play-for-josh-schuster-20240815-p5k2m3.html#

That could come at the Rabbitohs, with sources not authorised to comment publicly telling this masthead that Bennett is open to the move. Schuster’s manager met with Rabbitohs officials during the week to discuss a potential deal.

Bennett has a long history of reigniting the careers of players - including Tevita Pangai Jnr, Benji Marshall, Anthony Milford and Tonie Carroll - when most other coaches felt they had little more to offer.
Pangai was tipped to follow Bennett from the Dolphins to Souths, but will instead link with French Super League club Catalans. That development has led the veteran mentor - who alongside Jack Gibson will become the first coach to be inducted into the NRL’s Hall of Fame - to instead consider Schuster as the X-factor for his Rabbitohs roster in 2025.
Josh Schuster could be heading to South Sydney.

Josh Schuster could be heading to South Sydney.CREDIT: NRL PHOTOS
In order for the move to happen, the Rabbitohs will need to free up salary cap space. Several players coming off contract - including Michael Chee Kam, Taane Milne, Tom Burgess - will be leaving at season’s end, although the contracted Lachlan Ilias may also need to shift in order for a Schuster offer to transpire.
Schuster has shown glimpses of his potential, although injuries and off-field issues have restricted him to just 50 first-grade appearances. In an interview with this masthead in May, Schuster said he was in a good headspace after dealing with off-field issues and a luckless run with injury.

“I’ve got it off my chest now, so I’m a lot better mentally,” Schuster said at the time.
“I’m a lot happier, mentally I’m in a better headspace. When I’m at my fittest and happiest, that’s when I start playing my best footy. If anything, I can’t wait to be back and prove to myself I can do it.”
Schuster has previously stated his intention to become the best player in the game, but was more circumspect in his last interview.
“I want to earn my teammates’ respect, putting my head down and working hard,” he said.

“That’s as simple as it gets. No Origin, nothing like that. I just want to earn my teammates’ trust and respect
I'd like to see the Dragons sign Schuster on a 3 year deal:
6. Schuster
7. Flannagan

Goodbye, Hunt.
Holms to captain

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Hunt to the Dolphins would make sense, particularly given his recent form and aspirations. There's also the fact the Woolf will also leave us for the Phins next year, one wonders if there hasn't been a little whisper to Hunt given his brother will he hc.

Please make it happen!!!

Not saying it will mind you, but....

Please make it happen!!!

If it did pan out then I'd be all guns blazing for Moses.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
I can understand we saying no for next year although Flanno may revisit this in the off season as he indicated earlier but only if someone better is available for next year which I doubt
What about Mitch Moses he’s 29 Parramatta are getting rid of players. Or do we have a half ready to play next year

TruSaint

Referee
Thanks @BIG RIG

Dragons announce signing of Valentine Holmes​

AuthorDragons.com.audragons.com.auTimestampThu 15 Aug 2024, 04:10 PM

The Dragons are pleased to announce the signing of representative outside back Valentine Holmes on a three-year deal from 2025.
The 29-year-old has so far played 198 NRL matches for the Sharks and Cowboys, including winning the 2016 Grand Final, with 101 career tries.
He also has 21 tries in 20 Tests for Australia, and 13 tries in 19 State of Origin matches for Queensland.

“Valentine is a top-class, versatile player who will be a great asset for our club over the coming seasons,” said Dragons Head Coach Shane Flanagan.
“He has played centre, wing and fullback at the elite level over a long period and is also a fantastic goal-kicker.
“We look forward to welcoming Val and his family to the Red V next year.”

Gippsy

Bench
im a big fan of Kade reed - probably 3 years away from being first grade half back but he has a great boot and was ranked higher than Mitchell woods in the DT junior rankings from the school boy cup
Agree random, he looks a class act. Probably needs to fill out a bit as well, but he could be our long term answer in a few years.

TheRev

Coach
Kade Reed looks great (mitchell moses reincarnate I hope), im glad they took an extra year with him and didnt rush him into Flegg... by the time hes in the spotlight, he will have 2 years of SG Ball and that extra 12 months maturity....

But nothing is guaranteed in any way.. and he isnt the replacement to Hunt.. we still need to source a first grade quality halfback in 2025 or 2026.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
did anyone here Dan Lawson last week say when giving the update re BMM that "hopefully we will get him right for next season ?"

Train and Trial ?

im a big fan of Kade reed - probably 3 years away from being first grade half back but he has a great boot and was ranked higher than Mitchell woods in the DT junior rankings from the school boy cup
The 3 years away bit confuses me. I can assure you Mitchell Woods is going to play 1st grade at the Dogs before the latter part of season 2027. If Reed is viewed as the next Dragons 7, and LKT the 6....why are they not honing their combination as 6 and 7 in NSW Cup now? Pretty sure Roosters didn't wait 3 years to blood Sam Walker.

Gardenia

Bench
Interesting one

South Sydney make shock play for Josh Schuster​

Adrian Proszenko

By Adrian Proszenko

August 15, 2024 — 10.03am
Save

Normal text sizeALarger text sizeAVery large text sizeA

Wayne Bennett is considering throwing a lifeline to Josh Schuster at South Sydney next season.
Schuster has been in limbo after accepting a $1 million severance package to come off Manly’s books earlier this season.
After parting company with the Sea Eagles in April, the 23-year-old opted to take the rest of the season off to get himself into the best possible mental and physical shape to make a comeback in the NRL.

https://archive.md/tRohC/again?url=...-play-for-josh-schuster-20240815-p5k2m3.html#

That could come at the Rabbitohs, with sources not authorised to comment publicly telling this masthead that Bennett is open to the move. Schuster’s manager met with Rabbitohs officials during the week to discuss a potential deal.

Bennett has a long history of reigniting the careers of players - including Tevita Pangai Jnr, Benji Marshall, Anthony Milford and Tonie Carroll - when most other coaches felt they had little more to offer.
Pangai was tipped to follow Bennett from the Dolphins to Souths, but will instead link with French Super League club Catalans. That development has led the veteran mentor - who alongside Jack Gibson will become the first coach to be inducted into the NRL’s Hall of Fame - to instead consider Schuster as the X-factor for his Rabbitohs roster in 2025.
Josh Schuster could be heading to South Sydney.

Josh Schuster could be heading to South Sydney.CREDIT: NRL PHOTOS
In order for the move to happen, the Rabbitohs will need to free up salary cap space. Several players coming off contract - including Michael Chee Kam, Taane Milne, Tom Burgess - will be leaving at season’s end, although the contracted Lachlan Ilias may also need to shift in order for a Schuster offer to transpire.
Schuster has shown glimpses of his potential, although injuries and off-field issues have restricted him to just 50 first-grade appearances. In an interview with this masthead in May, Schuster said he was in a good headspace after dealing with off-field issues and a luckless run with injury.

“I’ve got it off my chest now, so I’m a lot better mentally,” Schuster said at the time.
“I’m a lot happier, mentally I’m in a better headspace. When I’m at my fittest and happiest, that’s when I start playing my best footy. If anything, I can’t wait to be back and prove to myself I can do it.”
Schuster has previously stated his intention to become the best player in the game, but was more circumspect in his last interview.
“I want to earn my teammates’ respect, putting my head down and working hard,” he said.

“That’s as simple as it gets. No Origin, nothing like that. I just want to earn my teammates’ trust and respect
Damn damn double damn
Bennett stole our idea

Gardenia

Bench
Thanks @BIG RIG

Dragons announce signing of Valentine Holmes​

AuthorDragons.com.audragons.com.auTimestampThu 15 Aug 2024, 04:10 PM

The Dragons are pleased to announce the signing of representative outside back Valentine Holmes on a three-year deal from 2025.
The 29-year-old has so far played 198 NRL matches for the Sharks and Cowboys, including winning the 2016 Grand Final, with 101 career tries.
He also has 21 tries in 20 Tests for Australia, and 13 tries in 19 State of Origin matches for Queensland.

“Valentine is a top-class, versatile player who will be a great asset for our club over the coming seasons,” said Dragons Head Coach Shane Flanagan.
“He has played centre, wing and fullback at the elite level over a long period and is also a fantastic goal-kicker.
“We look forward to welcoming Val and his family to the Red V next year.”

Don’t know how he’s done it but Flanno has delivered
he said to be patient and it’s about 2025 / 2026.
hes a tenacious devil