What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Parko1310

Juniors
I don't understand this obsession with Horsborough. He isn't a very good player, and off the field arguably worse. It is well known (and he has admitted) he loves to get on the drink. If it is true no club wants him I can completely understand why. Why would you want that in your squad? Especially when Flano is looking to get rid of Rava for the same reasons. The guy is a loose cannon, and you can dress it up how you want to, but he is not changing his lifestyle by going to another club. What do people think RIcky is talking about when he said Horsborough is not meeting the standards of being a Raider?

People got sucked in to Horsborough last year because he played as a big angry red head. It's the same thing with a player like Nathan Brown, who's output is reserve grade standard, but people like that he's angry. Horsborough's performances were not that good. He got picked for origin in a dead rubber game (which Qld lost) after the fans had been calling for him to get picked all year, and Billy tumbled in. By the way, Billy's poor selections have been exposed now, and he'd gotten away with selections like this because he was facing Brad Fittler who would select even worse players.

RCG would be 100x better of a signing, especially with so many young forwards coming through. Is Horsborough the guy to show them the way? Absolutely not.

denis preston

First Grade
I don't understand this obsession with Horsborough. He isn't a very good player, and off the field arguably worse. It is well known (and he has admitted) he loves to get on the drink. If it is true no club wants him I can completely understand why. Why would you want that in your squad? Especially when Flano is looking to get rid of Rava for the same reasons. The guy is a loose cannon, and you can dress it up how you want to, but he is not changing his lifestyle by going to another club. What do people think RIcky is talking about when he said Horsborough is not meeting the standards of being a Raider?

People got sucked in to Horsborough last year because he played as a big angry red head. It's the same thing with a player like Nathan Brown, who's output is reserve grade standard, but people like that he's angry. Horsborough's performances were not that good. He got picked for origin in a dead rubber game (which Qld lost) after the fans had been calling for him to get picked all year, and Billy tumbled in. By the way, Billy's poor selections have been exposed now, and he'd gotten away with selections like this because he was facing Brad Fittler who would select even worse players.

RCG would be 100x better of a signing, especially with so many young forwards coming through. Is Horsborough the guy to show them the way? Absolutely not.
You have convinced me Parko. Now watch us go and sign him !

TheRev

Coach
Doesnt rly matter what we think.. hes clearly one of our targets.

If we haven't landed RCG and the dogs have him.. its between Saifiti and Horse.... and its probably down to money, but, it will put more power back in the sellers hands... so im not sure how fixed Flanno is on price.