What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
Hey Rev, great post and feedback, my only thoughts of Loko were for next year and him being the primary one that we may need in the NRL. All this talk of RCG, DS, Horsebrough we may not get any, whilst we have a more than suitable junior sitting in the wings. If as you say its possibly the middle of next year, i'll take that. I have seen him play live and I certainly look forward to seeing him in the NRL.
Yes, I'm sure Flanno knows that we have Loko in the lower grades but we need more than him to make up the NRL side for 2025.

Loko should be a standby bench prop for 2025 spending most of his time playing in reserve grade.

So, we need to let go some props and bring some in. RCG, F Molo, and De Belin would be our top 3 props and the Couchman twins followed by Loko would make up the rest right now. I'm sure Flanno would love to have another one or two first-grade props for season 2025.

LenyB

Juniors
38 -10 and 9th straight defeat in the derby.

Let's get real.

Great to see some improvements under a new coach but very much still pretenders. When the tough gets going we run and hide every single time. No cause for celebration, at least that's what hubby says.
Never had a shot at being a serious contender this year.

Unsure why hubby expects us to be contenders.

But, where we are and what Flanno had to work with.

We should all be cheering.

Coach of the year should be between Flanno and that bloke in melbourne.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I dont see that much of the Flegg games but I think the question is can Webster & Liu step up into NSW Cup next year as other players move on? Because they arent on nrl type contracts.. maybe they can take more time to develop and get promoted later... there isnt a rush for them...

Its much harder with all these young guns who have to get signed up as teenagers.. they have to get good.. fast.. tbf though someone like Tonga powered past Liu/Webster.. I suspect Latu and Halangahu will do the same in 12 mths also.

But surely there is room for a prop that comes on between 21-24yrs still.. I genuinely saw something in Coric last week that made me wonder if he just needed a couple more years.. and we will regret if he goes.. but.. this is the system were in now.. Gus was talking about it today actually.. we have to make calls on these 15,16,17,18yr old kids.. sign em up longterm.. it really rushes development.. and not normally something you can predict.. how long a kid needs to be 1st grade ready.
I think Coric looked really good last few weeks. He has really good PCM and is decently mobile for a big guy. Only thing is, can he transfer that to FG? He is a smaller prop. Not a lot of smaller props can do that, e.g. Mick Molo who's a standout at ressies level but is average or slightly below it at FG level

BLM01

First Grade
And the Cows

I dont see that much of the Flegg games but I think the question is can Webster & Liu step up into NSW Cup next year as other players move on? Because they arent on nrl type contracts.. maybe they can take more time to develop and get promoted later... there isnt a rush for them...

Its much harder with all these young guns who have to get signed up as teenagers.. they have to get good.. fast.. tbf though someone like Tonga powered past Liu/Webster.. I suspect Latu and Halangahu will do the same in 12 mths also.

But surely there is room for a prop that comes on between 21-24yrs still.. I genuinely saw something in Coric last week that made me wonder if he just needed a couple more years.. and we will regret if he goes.. but.. this is the system were in now.. Gus was talking about it today actually.. we have to make calls on these 15,16,17,18yr old kids.. sign em up longterm.. it really rushes development.. and not normally something you can predict.. how long a kid needs to be 1st grade ready.
Until Gutho asks for a release
Ryles had guaranteed just next year in a position god knows where
Dont rule us out just yet

justadragon

Bench
Just got this in my twitter feed.

GWDD9qlXMAAgfBq
Thank Christ for that

Never had a shot at being a serious contender this year.

Unsure why hubby expects us to be contenders.

But, where we are and what Flanno had to work with.

We should all be cheering.

Coach of the year should be between Flanno and that bloke in melbourne.

It'd be nice if they stopped getting flogged at their home ground. Coach would be thinking no different.
Still, that's your definition of success and the club have conditioned us to accept mediocrity. Looks like they got you hooked.

BLM01

First Grade
It'd be nice if they stopped getting flogged at their home ground. Coach would be thinking no different.
Still, that's your definition of success and the club have conditioned us to accept mediocrity. Looks like they got you hooked.
Maybe but we have only lost 4 games at home so far this year (1 to go)...so over reaction comment
We have had a mediocre year to finish where we are
But still good improvement on last year

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
We lack speed. The better teams put us away and we can’t go with them.

It is a talent issue. Not a coaching or effort issue. The roster is a mess, but will improve. Results will accordingly. Just takes time.

Cheer up.

qld redvee

Juniors
nrl360 stating we are yet to table an offer to RCG but this should happen in the coming days ..... Now if this is true no wonder we dont get players , everyone "knows " we are keen on him so why havent we put a decent offer in to get his signature earlier , just imagine if another team comes in and actually tables an offer while we are still sitting on our hands .. anyone in the know can confirm where we are up to .. I realise it will probably happen after saturday but we are so slow its not funny

Latest posts