What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

jak

Bench
DEFINITELY. SPEED, SPEED, SPEED AND MORE SPEED.

Something that none of our coaches have placed importance on.

A speedy fullback, a speedy winger, a speedy centre, a speedy 5/8th, a speedy half back, a speedy lock, a speedy second rower, a speedy front rower and finally, a speedy hooker.

We would be known as the Speed Team. :)
whatever your drinking dave, I want some

possm

Coach
Flanagan wants Ravalawa and Max Feagai to leave and Bird is most likely leaving too. Lomax and Tamale are gone. That's 5 outside backs less and we are only getting Val Holmes. Surely we go hard for someone like Lehi Hopoate, Bostock or Averillo.
Our priority should be to address the makeup of our spine. Yes, our forwards pack is a major problem, however our spine of Slone, Flannigan, Hunt, and Liddle, is substandard. So I suggest we do some great recruiting to address this situation:

1. Tedesco - good defender, good in attack, and can organise our backline.
6. Flannigan
7. Reynolds - experienced halfback, good goal kicker, and good leader.
9. Cook - Experienced hooker

Much more experienced and capable spine.

possm

Coach
I thought Ramsey had been signed for 2025 as well- not sure where he fits in however.
I thought Ramsey was signed to the local junior competition. Not in the NRL top 30 squad.

We need a professional recruitment officer to attend to our need to let go players still under contract and not wanted by the Dragons for 2025 on.

Biglance

Bench
Flanagan wants Ravalawa and Max Feagai to leave and Bird is most likely leaving too. Lomax and Tamale are gone. That's 5 outside backs less and we are only getting Val Holmes. Surely we go hard for someone like Lehi Hopoate, Bostock or Averillo.
Sos watch Jesse Williams, Tom kirk and Hayden Buchanan coming through

Dragon David

First Grade
Our priority should be to address the makeup of our spine. Yes, our forwards pack is a major problem, however our spine of Slone, Flannigan, Hunt, and Liddle, is substandard. So I suggest we do some great recruiting to address this situation:

1. Tedesco - good defender, good in attack, and can organise our backline.
6. Flannigan
7. Reynolds - experienced halfback, good goal kicker, and good leader.
9. Cook - Experienced hooker

Much more experienced and capable spine.
For a start -
* Reynolds is too injury prone and is too old for us. He was absolutely outplayed by Hughes tonight.
*Tedesco, will not go anywhere and stay at the Roosters, even just to twiddle his thumbs.
*Flanagan will stay with us if his Dad stays.
*Cook is coming to us, albeit reluctantly as far as I can sense. Just waiting to be to see him interviewed after the season ends just so I can hear what he has to say to see if he will be a genuinely interested player for us.

Parko1310

Juniors
Think Averillo would be a fantastic signing, in fact he's exactly who I'd be going for. Dolphins just re-signed Bostock, so that is not happening. They've signed Junior Tupou for next year and not everyone can fit into that backline. Averillo may be the one to get pushed out. Would play him at centre, Holmes on the wing. Gives us options too, Averillo can play fullback/wing if need be, can play halves if really needed.

As is stands with Holmes/Suli as our centres next year we have a great pairing, but the wingers are lacking heaps. S Finau is an unknown really, Tuipolotu has been good for us but might be better served as a backup or rotating in and out, not sure how he'd go for a whole season. Corey Allan is handy, but just because he's shiny and new doesn't mean he's that good. He's a backup. That's why I'd shift Holmes and have Averillo at centre. Suddenly the backline is much more solid, well-rounded and quick. Then there is one wing spot that is legitimately up for competition between 3-5 players.

None of our young backs are going to be ready next year (barring maybe a game or two for Buchanan), they'll start to come through more in 2026, which is when we can ease them in by replacing backups like Allan, maybe Tui, maybe Feagai, maybe Finau (who knows who to replace yet) with our juniors. The young guys become the backups who are an injury/suspension away from entering first grade.. and that is how you progress them through.

Latest posts