What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

no mention of why we failed to get him .. apart from him wanting 3 year deal but apparantly nobody willing to offer that . do we maybe forget to have the contact signed or do we honestly not chase hard enough ? WE DONT have the luxury of picking and choosing or not moving on dollars Maybe like posted earlier flanno has now set his sights on someone else well he better land someone we cant keep being left at the alter all the time
He has to want to come to Saints

If he isn’t interested, we are better off blooding Tonga and Stewart

We will struggle for 2 years

How is that any different to playing has beens.

Nothing special about Gillard.

Better to offer Leo Thompson massive overs and a long contract than Gillard.

Nailed it on the head, Beath. Not sure what the attraction is with him. Broncos can have him.
We all tend believe something is going on if we hear the Dragons are linked in anyway by the different journalists.
What goes on behind closed doors is anyone's guess.
Buzz had Horsburgh as a done deal with the Dragons a few weeks back.
On the weekend, Flanagan said he had not even spoken to him yet.
Then you have player managers leaking fake news to other journalists.
With our season done and dusted, Flanagan can now go into full time recruitment and roster management mode, with two new middles the priority.
There will be plenty of free agents coming onto the market place in the short term, with the usual few surprises thrown in.
I think Flanagan would be working his way through a short list right now of players as the off season gets underway.

Seriously Reg? Now I get the frustration but please get frustrated over someone worth the angst. If Flanno offered Reg 3 years, he would be insane. Not just that it would be a waste of money but planning targets for the future is dependant upon freeing up Cap space. Missing out on a target because you keep Reg a year too long would be STUPID

possm

Coach
He has to want to come to Saints

If he isn’t interested, we are better off blooding Tonga and Stewart

We will struggle for 2 years

How is that any different to playing has beens.

Nothing special about Gillard.

Better to offer Leo Thompson massive overs and a long contract than Gillard.
We should recruit players for the 2025 roster while developing the brightest prospects in our junior ranks. Remember the Sulivan and Amone situation. Nothing is assured and so we much look after the here and now as a priority.

Have I missed something?!
What is so f***ing great about RCG?
Penriff haven't looked back since he left. Parramatta, on the other hand... (Holds own nose)
I'm not saying that it's all his fault but ...geez. I reckon he's bloody ordinary. Justin Poore but with a big, stupid mo'.
He is not that great.

We are just worse.

Standards.

If we sign him and it’s announced on here suddenly “he’s great”.

Our club aims so low and then end up even lower.

This is a vicious cycle and we can’t get out.