What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gardenia

Bench
Trust the procees peeps
Yup. It will be a long off season. I am sure we will miss out of more to come yet. I trust Flanno knows what he is doing due to his experience and that he will make shrewd decisions. The media and commentators will paint a doom and gloom picture for us but it will not be as bad next season as they predict. Look at this season. Nothing like it seemed. Thought it was going to be a white wash with all the misses and bad luck with injuries re signings. It was not the case. :) Also they do not move very fast our Dragons, so as hard as it is we will have to be patient over the off season.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Obvious, but need to find key ‘non-playing’ personnel. Dragons exposed without legit GM & recruitment people. Managers know it - push for more $, extra year(s) & leak interest to media. Until then, it’ll all be on Shane Flanagan to land some much-needed forward grunt and pace in the backs. Also need to get creative with Ben Hunt situation, find new club for Lawrie & offload Ravalawa (possibly to rugby).

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes please

"St George Illawarra made the finals in Hunt’s first season at the club in 2018 and since then have finished 15th, 12th, 11th, 10th, 16th and 11th."

Bloody hell, that looks so bad on the report card - 15th, 12th, 11th, 10th, 16th and 11th - Hunt has been our half for those years and I don't think that our poor results were totally his fault because as we know we had teams of mediocrity and Mary and Griffin in charge.

We have been so badly managed, it makes me want to chunder.

If we don't improve next year and make the top 8, it will make me even want to chunder more.

Can we really improve without Hunt?

If we don't recruit wisely then with or without Hunt, we fail?

We need better quality all round NOW.

Biglance

Bench
"St George Illawarra made the finals in Hunt’s first season at the club in 2018 and since then have finished 15th, 12th, 11th, 10th, 16th and 11th."

Bloody hell, that looks so bad on the report card - 15th, 12th, 11th, 10th, 16th and 11th - Hunt has been our half for those years and I don't think that our poor results were totally his fault because as we know we had teams of mediocrity and Mary and Griffin in charge.

We have been so badly managed, it makes me want to chunder.

If we don't improve next year and make the top 8, it will make me even want to chunder more.

Can we really improve without Hunt?

If we don't recruit wisely then with or without Hunt, we fail?

We need better quality all round NOW.
The reason we made it in 2018 was all widdop

possm

Coach
We don’t need backups we need very good NRL players. I don’t want to see our side which consist of at least 7 “ backups “ like the past 4 years.
It has always been my view that we prioritize our recruitment activities to secure a top 17. Then, we will look towards back-filling with our brightest juniors and backup opportunities that may be on the market now.

A great asperation yes, but we have not come near this policy since Bennett left. So, along with doing this, we need to hire professional recruiters who can sell a narrative and close a deal. This show-and-tell idea does not bring home the bacon.

Latest posts