What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Bottom line
To get player of name and quality WE need to base in Sydney as a priority and share the games between here and the gong.
Everything else will flow on.

lombard

Juniors
yep this is looking more likely.. im assuming its 2 middles + Eisenuth, but maybe its 1 + him.. again this might depend on whether we can actually get lawrie and fifita both gone.
Is there anything even remotely official we want Fifita gone a year early? I thought that’s just us fans picking names.

Yeah that was a pretty harsh call but I couldn't find any sympathy for the Sombrero Latte Financial Planners when it happened. Game was over after 20 minutes anyway. Penrith were relentless and brutal in that first half and I felt like they had things under control in the second half too despite possession turning around for the Roosters.
After watching Penriths first half my God the dragons have along way to go. They would of put 60 on us

Gareth67

First Grade
He

He won't walk away from an easy $800,000. Just as Hunt won't walk away from money. This is the problem with contracts 3 years or longer. They have to be reserved for players who have deep internal motivation, who have personal standards driving them, not just $.

DCE is a good example of that kind of man. Long contract but always gave his best. Now he is 35 and has plenty of dosh but he still plays like a champ.

How do you identify guys with that kind of champion's psychology? That's the trick.
Very well put Jubilee ! That particular type of player was
not hard to find a number of decades ago however now they are as scarce as hens teeth .

Unfortunately there is a very large percentage of players nowadays whom are in it purely for the money with the exception of those who will bleed for their club .

As you have pointed out , it is even rarer to find a captain who has the qualities of true leadership and game skills and one that gives his all for the team in every game .

Last edited:

TheRev

Coach
Is there anything even remotely official we want Fifita gone a year early? I thought that’s just us fans picking names.
Nothing official, but there are a finite pool of names we can let go if we can get upgrades... and with Eisenhuth signing.. thats more incentive to see Fifita & Lawrie moved on so we can sign 2 middles still.

Flanno should have insisted that Hunt play hooker in 2024. If he refused then drop him to reserve-grade. He will soon learn to do as he was told. Lomax did not want to play wing but look how his game improved when he followed Flanno's instruction.
A lot of difference in players though Zac would give 100% no matter what Hunt would sulk

Very well put Jubilee ! That particular type of player was
not hard to find a number of decades ago however now they are as scarce as hens teeth .

Unfortunately there is a very large percentage of players nowadays whom are in it purely for the money with the exception of those who will bleed for their club .

As you have pointed out , it is even rarer to find a captain who has the qualities of true leadership and game skills and one that gives his all for the team in every game .
Jdb bleeds for us

Gareth67

First Grade
Jdb bleeds for us
I fully realize that my friend , JDB , Sua among other current Dragons always give their all for the jersey .

However we were discussing captains, the man that is able to make the correct decisions during the game and leads the way with wholehearted performances week in - week out .

dungay dragon

Juniors
He’s definitely Big, but nothing special and way overpriced.

I trust Flanno is waiting for something of better value & more potential to drop out of the post season tree.
Have watched him week in week out
NOT what we need ..Huge human..but so slow and looks past his best
Thinking he was signed to enormous cash when Browny was there and then upgraded
Have dodged a bullet there
RCG just about out of options ..Still a hope there if differences can be worked out ?
Cant see a home coming at Panthers as things were still frosty with the Panthers main group after the Eels clash
Looking more than likely we will land Lodge and Sharks Williams and or Kafusi
The Hunt exit will take centre stage in the meantime
If its Titans may get a two for one swap
The Phins just maybe Katoa ..Journos up here running it on various outlets

TruSaint

Referee
He

He won't walk away from an easy $800,000. Just as Hunt won't walk away from money. This is the problem with contracts 3 years or longer. They have to be reserved for players who have deep internal motivation, who have personal standards driving them, not just $.

DCE is a good example of that kind of man. Long contract but always gave his best. Now he is 35 and has plenty of dosh but he still plays like a champ.

How do you identify guys with that kind of champion's psychology? That's the trick.

Great post and welcome to the forum. :thumbup:

Coffs dragon

Bench
Have watched him week in week out
NOT what we need ..Huge human..but so slow and looks past his best
Thinking he was signed to enormous cash when Browny was there and then upgraded
Have dodged a bullet there
RCG just about out of options ..Still a hope there if differences can be worked out ?
Cant see a home coming at Panthers as things were still frosty with the Panthers main group after the Eels clash
Looking more than likely we will land Lodge and Sharks Williams and or Kafusi
The Hunt exit will take centre stage in the meantime
If its Titans may get a two for one swap
The Phins just maybe Katoa ..Journos up here running it on various outlets
Totally agree DD & that would have been a very expensive slow prop forward that looks past it. Bullet certainly dodged.
Some Sharks maybe ready to move south with the $1mil man to arrive next year.

Latest posts