What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Draginzaaar

Bench
Saw this comment on Dragons Army has anyone heard anything as such or can the person who wrote it elaborate more if you are on here?

The new Era they keep talking about is almost here. The one with no mention of St George or Illawarra.

• Alan Lancaster is pretty busy on the board at Nine (and playing in Status Quo)
• i98 has some real competition from Wave
• A succession tussle between Genevieve and Andrew Gordon
• The removal of all Dragons staff from Carlton
• New jumper sponsor/s (Crystal Bears and Illawarra Credit Union)
• The Gordon Legacy Building project in the CBD
• Mike Sneesby stepping down at Nine. Lancaster could replace him.

Watch this space.
Alan Lancaster hasn't been in Status Quo for years.

OurRedV

Juniors
Saw this comment on Dragons Army has anyone heard anything as such or can the person who wrote it elaborate more if you are on here?

The new Era they keep talking about is almost here. The one with no mention of St George or Illawarra.

• Alan Lancaster is pretty busy on the board at Nine (and playing in Status Quo)
• i98 has some real competition from Wave
• A succession tussle between Genevieve and Andrew Gordon
• The removal of all Dragons staff from Carlton
• New jumper sponsor/s (Crystal Bears and Illawarra Credit Union)
• The Gordon Legacy Building project in the CBD
• Mike Sneesby stepping down at Nine. Lancaster could replace him.

Watch this space.
What drugs are you on?

Dragon David

First Grade
Who’s to say they don’t?
Webb’s contract isn’t being renewed. The club would have made this decision long before this was made public.
Well we know that they have asked Blake Solly of Souths but he knocked us back because he wants to be at Souths when Bennett goes there again. They have put out feelers on Peter Parr of Newcastle (who could be keen to) and a couple of others BUT, they still haven't been able to land anyone. They are still putting out feelers and once a person has accepted and brought into the club, Webb will remain involved in the transition phase to ensure a smooth handover of responsibilities to the new CEO and Webb will finish in April next year.

So with the transitional procedures that have to be carried out, Webb cannot leave in April until the new guy comes in and knows where things are at at least a few months or so before Webb goes.

Yes, the club would have made the decision to end Webb's services some time ago I imagine.

What I am concerned about though is when April 2025 comes and the club has not had any takers for the CEO position, they might be CEOless like we have been Recruitless.

Latest posts