What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Hooper on 360 has pretty confidently linked us to Clint Gutherson for 2026 potentially 2025

Also linked us to The Fox aswell
If it was from Carayannis, Chammas or even Buzz, there could possibly be some substance to it.
Hooper's record of successfully linking any players to the Dragons has an extremely low percentage rate of being on the money.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Why would anyone want the Fox? Done for drugs and driving while under the influence of said drugs, lied to management about it, and made fools of the people who stood up for him. All trust now is gone. For that matter, why would we want Gutho? A very good player but his best years are behind him and he's running on old legs. He's got nothing to prove so he won't be motivated to play well for us. Like buying an old second hand car, we'd be taking on someone else's problems.

Jubilee

Juniors
Why would anyone want the Fox? Done for drugs and driving while under the influence of said drugs, lied to management about it, and made fools of the people who stood up for him. All trust now is gone. For that matter, why would we want Gutho? A very good player but his best years are behind him and he's running on old legs. He's got nothing to prove so he won't be motivated to play well for us. Like buying an old second hand car, we'd be taking on someone else's problems.
And what position would he play? Would Flanagan or LKT have to move? Or Sloane? Makes more problems than it solves as long as Hunt is still here.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
You know what shits me off, the fact that the media is saying that if Hunt leaves we lose our marquee man, FFS he hasnt been a marquee man since he got to the Dragons. Marquee men stand up when they are needed, lead when they need to lead, spill blood for the team when they need to. Does this bear any resemblance to I have asked for a release when I'm playing SOO, I cant manage a game, I go missing when the team needs my leadership, I'm clueless about what I have to do on the field at certain times, my behaviour as captain is deplorable. If Hunt is as bad as it gets, then end this saga, f$#k him off and put LKT and Glover in the halves, Flanno jr back to 14, Cook and Liddle can rotate between lock and hooker. For christ sake lets just put an end to this. If this mess is around for much longer it will impact on our preseason badly, piss him off and lets get on with it !!!
Couldn't agree more. Hynes gets criticised for not performing in the big games.

As Dragons fans we don't know if Hunt would deliver in big games because he isn't good enough to get us there in the first place.

BLM01

First Grade
If it was from Carayannis, Chammas or even Buzz, there could possibly be some substance to it.
Hooper's record of successfully linking any players to the Dragons has an extremely low percentage rate of being on the money.
Not just the Dragons. he gets most of his guesses wrong. I suppose he has to say something when they go to him for "what are your scoops hoops". It could be his paid sources just tell him anything he is that gullible

TheRev

Coach
I thought Hoops was full of sh** the first time he mentioned us and Gutho (its a safe bet whenever he opens his mouth), but for once I think it was accurate.. and Flanno has approached Gutho previously...

Tonight though.. its multiple journos reading between the lines.. i.e. that Parra do want him gone (note that he is aligned to Brad Arthur also), I think they said hes on 925k.. noting that he will be stripped of the captaincy and asked to play in the forwards, none of which suit him.. nor would you pay a benchie those dollars.

So the theory is that this is a strategic play.. to ensure Gutho is the one who asks for the release, which avoids incoming rage about dumping a fan favourite..... and also avoids them being left to pay any freight, which we otherwise would 100% have asked for.... its a ballsy play if they are right.. but I think it checks out.

Gardenia

Bench
I thought Hoops was full of sh** the first time he mentioned us and Gutho (its a safe bet whenever he opens his mouth), but for once I think it was accurate.. and Flanno has approached Gutho previously...

Tonight though.. its multiple journos reading between the lines.. i.e. that Parra do want him gone (note that he is aligned to Brad Arthur also), I think they said hes on 925k.. noting that he will be stripped of the captaincy and asked to play in the forwards, none of which suit him.. nor would you pay a benchie those dollars.

So the theory is that this is a strategic play.. to ensure Gutho is the one who asks for the release, which avoids incoming rage about dumping a fan favourite..... and also avoids them being left to pay any freight, which we otherwise would 100% have asked for.... its a ballsy play if they are right.. but I think it checks out.
If that’s the case they are arseholes . They should man up and be honest ( and pay freight) not disrespect him like that making life hard so he leaves. Look what you signed up with Lomax. An Arsehole club.

Last edited:

Gardenia

Bench
I agree re JAC.
I have a higher opinion of Gutherson than you do I have to say.
He is a leader and still has good footy years in him. He also has experience.
Parramatta are treating him like sh#t IMO.
we would be lucky to have him but Parra don’t want to pay any freight.
shows what a horrible club they are.

Latest posts