What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

maestro1

Bench
Something that really pissed me off last night was the "experts" narrative on the Munster/Alamotti bite incident. The commentators couldn't come out quick enough with the defence of Munster. "Not his go" or something to that effect from Cameron Smith. Andrew Johns the turd......he crucified KFlann but last night he immediately questioned why Alamotti had his arm in Munster's face.. The fxcker must be as dumb as dog shit or have the memory of a goldfish. Surely he knows that people will remember that he had two different reactions to the same sort of incident and he comes out looking like a hypocrite. All because KFlann/St George have some sort of stench about them in the NRL community and Munster is a protected species. This is the unfairness of having no true St George people in the media/TV. Most other clubs like the Knights, Roosters, Dogs, Broncos, Panthers, Storm, Bunnies, Sharks, Eels, Cowboys, have multiple representations and we have NONE. And I don't count James Graham and Aaron Woods as they have verbalised their love of their original clubs.

maestro1

Bench
No one mentioned the kick out on the full from Papenhauzen. Sorenson ha his foot off the ground to which it should have been a Storm scrum feed. Penrith scored in the next set.
Yes and Sorenson knew he stuffed it and ALL the commentators realised it, there was a long uncomfortable pause, and then changed the subject. I can't believe that not one of the commentators questioned it. The whole incident smacked of "Nothing to see here" move along.

maestro1

Bench
On a different note.....is anybody experiencing an annoying new thing on this sight that when you click on the "St George" link/button or some of the other links, you open up ads. I know that we need ads to fund the sight, but this is probably one of the more annoying ways to introduce ads.

since77

Juniors
No one mentioned the kick out on the full from Papenhauzen. Sorenson ha his foot off the ground to which it should have been a Storm scrum feed. Penrith scored in the next set.
Do you feel the same way about Brett Morris going into touch in 2010 the play before we scored?.
Besides, it happened to Melbourne. They still have about 200 years of Bad Karma due to them. Probably more.

Dragon David

First Grade
The only way this club can become elite again is by doing a complete overhaul from the board all the way down to the doorman at the Taj.
The club we all love is completely stagnant and it shows.
How many times a year do we say this - This Year? I've said it many times in the period I've been a part of this Forum and there have been a host of others venting their spleen and worse in some cases on this issue as you would know.

We just get so frustrated at how success has not been with us for well and truly over a decade and we will always direct the fault at the men and woman who seem to be mismanaging the Club. Why have we fallen down the rung of success? Why haven't we attracted decent players in numbers to the club instead of dribs and drabs over the years and those that we get need extras to help with winning games as those dribs and drabs cannot do it on their own? Why in hell have we not been able to get big, strong, powerful, tough, no nonsense boppers to run over the top of the opposition and tackle with venom? We know the answers to a degree but there has to be some body who can put all this to someone who has plenty of say on getting the Club back to being successful again.

Not that the Panthers needed to win their 4th grand final win in a row to be looked at being the most successful club in this current decade - 5 straight grand finals from 2020 is amazing, they showed how success could be achieved a few years ago and they have continued and will continue for several years. This will attract many good players to the club especially as they have to clear the deck of good ones to meet salary cap commitments. Their junior numbers are seemingly of good quality and many cannot get into the club's grades so the overflow go elsewhere - we have picked up quite a few of them already it appears.

So when it cmes to a player deciding on which club he should sign up with and the Panthers need that type of player, that decision should be an easy one to make. They will lose 3 very good players in Luai, Turuva and Fisher- Harris but that won't bother them one bit. They know that they will have the players with the same attitude and ability as those three players already waiting to take their place.

Success just brings on more success. Our turn will come, but won't happen too soon, I don't think.

BLM01

First Grade
Yes and Sorenson knew he stuffed it and ALL the commentators realised it, there was a long uncomfortable pause, and then changed the subject. I can't believe that not one of the commentators questioned it. The whole incident smacked of "Nothing to see here" move along.
I honestly thought he got his foot back down in time...and the bunker could of overruled it and Melb could of challenged it.

TheRev

Coach
Wonder if we'll hear more about Schneider to the Dragons now that the grand final is done
I've only watched a bit of him, but he didnt seem to be making clever decisions about what was in front of him, which made me think he is following a script like Kyle does.. and we already have one of those halves. Whats his kicking game like?

Parko1310

Juniors
I've only watched a bit of him, but he didnt seem to be making clever decisions about what was in front of him, which made me think he is following a script like Kyle does.. and we already have one of those halves. Whats his kicking game like?
Yeah you're correct in saying he'd be similar to Kyle, he's no superstar, just steady. I would say he's an upgrade on Kyle for sure though. I certainly wouldn't be moving Hunt on to have a Schneider/Kyle halves combo lets put it that way. For me, Kyle is just a back up player, he isn't good enough to take us that next step. Schneider's kicking game isn't special, but again, better than Kyle

Lethal25

Juniors
How many times a year do we say this - This Year? I've said it many times in the period I've been a part of this Forum and there have been a host of others venting their spleen and worse in some cases on this issue as you would know.

We just get so frustrated at how success has not been with us for well and truly over a decade and we will always direct the fault at the men and woman who seem to be mismanaging the Club. Why have we fallen down the rung of success? Why haven't we attracted decent players in numbers to the club instead of dribs and drabs over the years and those that we get need extras to help with winning games as those dribs and drabs cannot do it on their own? Why in hell have we not been able to get big, strong, powerful, tough, no nonsense boppers to run over the top of the opposition and tackle with venom? We know the answers to a degree but there has to be some body who can put all this to someone who has plenty of say on getting the Club back to being successful again.

Not that the Panthers needed to win their 4th grand final win in a row to be looked at being the most successful club in this current decade - 5 straight grand finals from 2020 is amazing, they showed how success could be achieved a few years ago and they have continued and will continue for several years. This will attract many good players to the club especially as they have to clear the deck of good ones to meet salary cap commitments. Their junior numbers are seemingly of good quality and many cannot get into the club's grades so the overflow go elsewhere - we have picked up quite a few of them already it appears.

So when it cmes to a player deciding on which club he should sign up with and the Panthers need that type of player, that decision should be an easy one to make. They will lose 3 very good players in Luai, Turuva and Fisher- Harris but that won't bother them one bit. They know that they will have the players with the same attitude and ability as those three players already waiting to take their place.

Success just brings on more success. Our turn will come, but won't happen too soon, I don't think.
Well we certainly screwed the pooch after 2011 maintaining success

RED73V

Juniors
Something that really pissed me off last night was the "experts" narrative on the Munster/Alamotti bite incident. The commentators couldn't come out quick enough with the defence of Munster. "Not his go" or something to that effect from Cameron Smith. Andrew Johns the turd......he crucified KFlann but last night he immediately questioned why Alamotti had his arm in Munster's face.. The fxcker must be as dumb as dog shit or have the memory of a goldfish. Surely he knows that people will remember that he had two different reactions to the same sort of incident and he comes out looking like a hypocrite. All because KFlann/St George have some sort of stench about them in the NRL community and Munster is a protected species. This is the unfairness of having no true St George people in the media/TV. Most other clubs like the Knights, Roosters, Dogs, Broncos, Panthers, Storm, Bunnies, Sharks, Eels, Cowboys, have multiple representations and we have NONE. And I don't count James Graham and Aaron Woods as they have verbalised their love of their original clubs.
You have stolen my thunder maestro1
I totally agree. The club should
Immediately appeal Kyle’s suspension
considering I have just read that Munster
has no case to answer. What a f#cken joke

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
You have stolen my thunder maestro1
I totally agree. The club should
Immediately appeal Kyle’s suspension
considering I have just read that Munster
has no case to answer. What a f#cken joke
appeal the suspension, he has already served it, does he get a free bite and Crighton next year?

Latest posts