What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

maestro1

Bench
Looks like 100% control for retention and recruitment
So it looks like it but you're not sure. So you are guessing...... And of course it suits your bag Flanno agenda. . He has a board he answers to. There is no way it is 100% Flanno. I haven't seen you give him credit for Val and Cookie. Oh that's right, Val is not as good as Lomax and Cookie is too old......... But RCG, who 100% Flanno missed is a spring chicken.
You still haven't answered me on who you would have to replace 100%Flanno

Jubilee

Juniors

Great signing by the Eagles
Originally a great signing by Wests. But per the report he was apparently determined not to play in a side that also contained Lachlan Galvin. So Tigers chose Galvin over Large. Hard to understand bcs Large looks to me like a center.

Anyway, shows what happens when agents/players think they have the whip hand in negotations. Next thing we know, players will want half time M & Ms with all the green ones removed.

TheRev

Coach

carltonsouth79

First Grade
The only way this club can become elite again is by doing a complete overhaul from the board all the way down to the doorman at the Taj.
The club we all love is completely stagnant and it shows.
I agree. There is a great series on one of the Nine streaming platforms that followed the Pennies for two of their GFvictories. You really get an insight into how they build such a professional organisation and culture of success.

Jubilee

Juniors
Previous coaches who have shown the door to Dragons juniors mostly that under a decent coach have become regular first graders need to hang their heads in shame. They had a habit of keeping the poor ones and letting the good ones go.
I am sure they had no objective systems or criteria. They should have a book that tells them what attributes the club is looking for in different positions. We try to keep those who have the most desirable attributes. Speed, height, size, defense, attitude, knowledge of role, coachability, etc.

Not complicated. Like dog breeding. If you get a Labrador pup that is too aggressive, you weed him out. You don't say, "Oh maybe I can teach him not to bite." and have him around as a reform project for another five years

Dragon David

First Grade
I could be very wrong but when we became a joint venture club back in 1999, we had the chance of becoming a really dominant rugby league club after almost winning the grand final in that inaugural year.

There were many casualties during the Super League war of the mid 1990's and the St George Dragons and Illawarra Steelers were not immune from the dark chapter in Australian Rugby League history at that time. However, the introduction of the St George Illawarra Dragons to the National Rugby League ahead of the 1999 season ensured that two of rugby league's grandest areas were represented in the game's elite competition come the turn of the century.

With a death sentence hanging over the heads of clubs who weren't viable by the 2000 season, either financially or through other means, the Dragons and Steelers were the first clubs to merge. The merged clubs had a great squad of players so player strength was not a problem. It was and continues to this day to be the poor Management of the merged clubs.

I don't think that the management had a clear direction and a strong combined ethos to make the club the best of the best when the opportunity was there to achieve this right from the beginning.

The inner sanctum was too much of a mismatch and members were at loggerheads on many matters right from the get go. If only they had a clear direction as to what they should do, how to do it and have the same attitude from the top to the bottom including the mascot even, we would be in a far better place. I think it is too late now, I really do.

I don't think that it is just us getting the right players if the men at the top, the coaches, the players, all of the staff are at one with each other. That is why the Panthers are so dominant now. Yes they have great players, many have left but they are replaced by like players but the players aren't the only ones that makes a club great its the whole team of the Club from the Chair person to the little mascot all working as one.

A Strong, Happy, Working Together Club all on the same level means better results all round.

Dragon David

First Grade
well that didn't take long, no bite charge for munster
That's because Munster doesn't play for the Dragons. They treat us like shit and I'm just pissed off over this biased treatment we cop. I said that Kyle was innocent and Crichton should have copped a penalty for what he did in the first place. But no, Kyle gets 4 weeks which is history now and that is one of the reasons I wanted to give up following the game. OK if Kyle got 1 week it might not have been too bad, but $ for heavens sake.

Boy it makes me mad.

Who in our club has the ability to vent our spleen to the NRL about how we are treated - so many things we get pinged for in the past??

Latest posts