What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Old Timer

Coach
Sua, Holmes, Widdop and I would even say Cookie dont see it as an obstacle
And when we do make our next notable signing they wont either
Since Bennett left the BOD run the club down the hill faster than a lightning strike
Holmes & Cook not wanted by their previous clubs and no where else to go so of course it was no impediment but if there was another offer then it might have been different

BLM01

First Grade
Holmes & Cook not wanted by their previous clubs and no where else to go so of course it was no impediment but if there was another offer then it might have been different
You obviously have spoken to them or their manager to know all that
What about Sua, Suli resigned
Dugan James Graham Molo
Point is we can attract good players
I have only been living in the Gong for 7yrs and it’s one of the best places I have lived for a variety of reasons

since77

Juniors
Dugan James Graham Molo
I have only been living in the Gong for 7yrs and it’s one of the best places I have lived for a variety of reasons
Every time I make the trip down there, the last time was to go skydiving - I try to find my wife's weak spot and convince her to move down there. Looks like a great spot and growing with more infrastructure each year.

Old Timer

Coach
Dugan James Graham Molo
For you that is true but you’re not a high quality 1st grade NRL player who has options.

TBH the proximity to Sydney is probably one of the stumbling blocks.

Newcastle & Canberra are that bit further away so some extra $$$$ in your contract make a move to their more palatable.

Living in Sydney and commuting and putting up wth the cross city traffic plus the Sutherland to the Gong sector which can be tiresome means that quality Sydney based players choose not to do it.

How many Sydney teams have players commuting from the Gong to them?

BLM01

First Grade
For you that is true but you’re not a high quality 1st grade NRL player who has options.

TBH the proximity to Sydney is probably one of the stumbling blocks.

Newcastle & Canberra are that bit further away so some extra $$$$ in your contract make a move to their more palatable.

Living in Sydney and commuting and putting up wth the cross city traffic plus the Sutherland to the Gong sector which can be tiresome means that quality Sydney based players choose not to do it.

How many Sydney teams have players commuting from the Gong to them?
Dont know the answer to your last question but you dont either.
But travelling to and from the shire to Wollongong CBD is only 45 mins (Sutherland) and 1 hr (Cronulla) if they choose Sydney and play for us
It can take that long travelling across Sydney in peak hour depending where they live and which club they play / train

maestro1

Bench
The Gong can't be any worse then Canberra. They still manage to attract players, its simple we need to start wining games to show players we are heading in the right direction & stay out of the headlines for the wrong reasons.
I've lived in Sydney and Wollongong and if the term shithole is to be used to describe either of them, I wouldn't apply that term to the Gong.

Gareth67

First Grade
I went up there with the family many years ago and the grandkids wanted a photo with granddad near the sea .
Well I tell you the grandkids moved away from me and poor old grandpa got totally drenched by this huge bloody wave that came up out of a bloody big hole in the rocks .

Of course later I discovered that it was a blowhole famous for sucking people out into the shark infested ocean .

Last time I went out for a photo with the little beggars .

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
On individual accounts, if Gutho continues to use the travel excuse, then he's a dick and should nick off. In Hunts case he's just a dick, has been, always was and always will be, without a doubt our worst signing ever, has delivered nothing and de-stabilised the club over the last 6 years.

Yep, I would like Gutho to join us, heck I would like JAC to join us.
I would be even happier if they WANTED to join us and not demand overs.

Latest posts