What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
BIG UPDATE

I’m being told that the only club interested in Ben Hunt is the Bulldogs and that the Dragons will be open for a swap with Josh Addo Carr
Very interesting.

Very, very interesting.

There’s cap space and a need filled in that deal. I don’t know if they handicap themselves out the Leo Thompson talks with that though, unless Leo is for 26?

Take Atkins or Trindall from Cronulla asap, also possibly use cap space to pay Laurie out.

Just spitballing.

We have got to do our due diligence on Doueihi and have a thorough medical done on him before signing him if we are planning to get him.
Don't think we will have to worry about that David.
Whenever an article says a club is "considering" talking to a player, it is generally a fairly baseless story.
The Atkinson rumour makes more sense and has a lot more legs to it.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
WHAT I HAVE HEARD

- Dragons met with Josh Addo Carr on Monday, club wants him to take paycut over Atleast 100k taking him to 450k per year , he is reportedly ok with that ideas due to wanting a fresh start

- Club also met with Clint Gutherson discussions are centered around 2026 but May move to 2025 depending on the Ben Hunt situation

- He said Adam Doueihi was just a name floated and nothing serious with that yet

- Also said we have been advanced talks with Daniel Atkinson, final decision is whether it will be for 25 or 26 ( again depending on Hunt )

- Hunt will only go to a QLD team , Dragons will only release for 25 if a player swap can be done ( club wants a forward )

- Matt Lodge is signed pending announcement

- Leigh Leopards are interested in Ravalawa club initially wanted Maika Sivo but he wants to join Leeds with Brad Arthur

- No interest for Blake Lawrie

- Sione Finau wants to go to Parramatta to play under Ryles

- Unfortunately Cody Ramsey is set to retire

- Club will make a play for Leo Thompson for 2026

All in alll I’ve been told to buckle up a lot of movement is about to happen

BIG UPDATE

I’m being told that the only club interested in Ben Hunt is the Bulldogs and that the Dragons will be open for a swap with Josh Addo Carr

Hunt will only go to QLD but the only club interested is Bulldogs & we're open to that swap. Which one is it? Hunt has to okay the move too.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Geeeeeezuz

big rig…….that’s some intel

It’s going to be a crazy few weeks either side of Nov1

so we have two spots free right now ?

here the possibles then…..

Ramsey retires that leaves 3 spots open

Eisenhuth signs on one more year?

Lodge in

That leaves one spot open

Atkinson in ? If that happens dominoes fall

Addo Carr in and Hunt out or we want a forward for Hunt if we can secure Addo Carr stand alone or not at all

Or Addo Carr in and Finau released to Parra?

If those combos above occur that is still most likely our top30 done

so how the next lot of recruits happen?

Rava to Leigh Leopards ?

Doueihi? Or Gutherson? In ?

No interest for Blake Lawrie

Club will make a play for Leo Thompson for 2026 and I wonder if his brother (rugby) is also on our hit list? His brother is same height just as powerful and weighs in at 111kg

Last edited:

jak

Bench
WHAT I HAVE HEARD

- Dragons met with Josh Addo Carr on Monday, club wants him to take paycut over Atleast 100k taking him to 450k per year , he is reportedly ok with that ideas due to wanting a fresh start

- Club also met with Clint Gutherson discussions are centered around 2026 but May move to 2025 depending on the Ben Hunt situation

- He said Adam Doueihi was just a name floated and nothing serious with that yet

- Also said we have been advanced talks with Daniel Atkinson, final decision is whether it will be for 25 or 26 ( again depending on Hunt )

- Hunt will only go to a QLD team , Dragons will only release for 25 if a player swap can be done ( club wants a forward )

- Matt Lodge is signed pending announcement

- Leigh Leopards are interested in Ravalawa club initially wanted Maika Sivo but he wants to join Leeds with Brad Arthur

- No interest for Blake Lawrie

- Sione Finau wants to go to Parramatta to play under Ryles

- Unfortunately Cody Ramsey is set to retire

- Club will make a play for Leo Thompson for 2026

All in alll I’ve been told to buckle up a lot of movement is about to happen
after all the info you have passed on to us all I know I'm pushing my luck here mate, but have you heard anything on the couchman brothers.

dungay dragon

Juniors
This one im not so sure about the accuracy.. id be surprised if no other clubs were interested.. I could see the Dogs trading Sexton.. or if they had a prop to give us.. but Ado Carr is coming regardless, seems a bit pointless to 'swap' as such..

This all depends on how serious the Atkinson/Trindall rumours are.. we cant afford to leave ourselves with no halfback at all... tbh this is probably a post November 1st discussion when we can open talks legally.. so many moving parts.
How ironic
The Titans were crowing when they landed RCG on big coin
Now they are cringing in their seats thinking had they waited 2 weeks they wouldve gone full blown into Hunt...
Their CEO has the Abacus out trying to juggle the books desperately trying a way to get Benny Boy to the Coast

Latest posts