What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
No mate I think you are spot on, the Dragons have always been an easy mark for Drama and innuendo, mind you we often bring this upon ourselves with some of the stupid things we do.
I think things are generally quiet with several clubs - a new one here, another one gone elsewhere etc, just bits and pieces. There should be plenty of announcements in November I'd say.

The Roosters have got most of their bases covered I think until Brandon Smith and Sam Walker are really fit to return after the halfway mark next year plus they do have some pretty good youngsters coming through to cover in the centres and forwards. They have re-signed Tupou for another 2 years and Watson and Leniu for a couple more years and Manu might be back after his stint with Japanese Rugby. They will be focussing on 2026 in my opinion.

I think that the Dragons will definitely be making announcements come early November. Just got to relax now and wait.

Trifili13

Juniors
Roosters are losing Manu, JWH, Keary, Suaalii and Tupouniua, plus Jennings (I think). More than $3m cap space and only bought in Chad Townsend. Can't think of anyone else they have signed. They might be upgrading a few but be very surprised if the Roosters are not out there looking to sign big name players to replace those that have left.

jak

Bench
Roosters are losing Manu, JWH, Keary, Suaalii and Tupouniua, plus Jennings (I think). More than $3m cap space and only bought in Chad Townsend. Can't think of anyone else they have signed. They might be upgrading a few but be very surprised if the Roosters are not out there looking to sign big name players to replace those that have left.
your way out with your math's mate, that's $3m per player

Dragon David

First Grade
I think things are generally quiet with several clubs - a new one here, another one gone elsewhere etc, just bits and pieces. There should be plenty of announcements in November I'd say.

The Roosters have got most of their bases covered I think until Brandon Smith and Sam Walker are really fit to return after the halfway mark next year plus they do have some pretty good youngsters coming through to cover in the centres and forwards. They have re-signed Tupou for another 2 years and Watson and Leniu for a couple more years and Manu might be back after his stint with Japanese Rugby. They will be focussing on 2026 in my opinion.

I think that the Dragons will definitely be making announcements come early November. Just got to relax now and wait.
I must say though that Sandon Smith, who has been alleged to have failed to give way when driving his car causing a multi-car collision in the Eastern Suburbs will be appearing in court on 15 November when the pleas will be entered . He then can state if he intends fighting the allegations. If he pleads guilty or found to be guilty of negligent driving causing grievous bodily harm, he could be convicted and face a maximum sentence of 9 months imprisonment.

If the matter goes to trial it won't be heard for some time I would imagine, so he should be still free to play. I don't think that it is something that the NRL will stand him down for. By the time his trial is heard, Sam Walker should be back so no need to try and get Hunt there I don't think.

getsmarty

Immortal

Can't be right..surely they have at least 10 mill left to spent.............

Trifili13

Juniors

Latest posts