What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TheRev

Coach
Continues in the paper tomorrow with a Brent Read article about the pursuit of Gutherson and how that impacts on Hunt.
There is something about Hunt.. they just love writing headlines about him.. also combined with his inability to not empty his guts when questioned.

TBF its probably at one of the quieter times of the year also, all the big clubs have got their squads sorted.. we havent even begun yet.. there is between 3-7 players to come in yet.. not one of those deals done in the last 7 weeks.. or if they are.. they aren't announced yet.

I guess atleast when Nov 1 hits, there will be more to talk about (other than just Ben).

Gardenia

Bench
It wouldnt be sharks, they have a surplus of halves options, and Brailey is loved as their hooker..

Just gonna be a long 3-4 weeks I suspect, waiting for yes or no on these signings (Gutho, JAC, Lodge).. and on top of that... listening to Hunt headlines until we are allowed to talk to the Nov 1 players, where we can see if we can get them early. Gonna be very tedious.

I do agree with others though, that Atkinson is no guarantee of success.. neither was Wishart.. Trindall would be more of a guarantee with his experience.. but like I keep repeating.. there is literally no sure thing out there.. and certainly not that is coming to us.. you just have to look for the raw ingredients and let Flanno get the best out of him.. and in the case of halves.. we would need a backup plan also.
I really think it would be a mistake to let Hunt go early. There aren't many halves' options out there, and we don't have anyone in our team or reserve grade ready to step into those shoes.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
The thing the media love about the hunt story is it hits both nsw and qld readership markets. Clicks for headlines that drive open rates and drives advertising..
Let’s not forget their business model.. that’s why there are different stories every day. It will go on for a couple of weeks yet unfortunately

Latest posts