What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Team Colours

Matiunz

Juniors
I watched a few Hunters games this year live and thought at the time that their kits would work well in the NRL. For me, having the team colours mean something is a worthwhile exercise, not just for contrasting brands. View attachment 95408

One danger with national colours (and depending on what the team is named) is it becoming the de facto national team. Was never a fan of the Warriors being the NZ Warriors- particularly when they had the black/white colour scheme

MugaB

Coach
One danger with national colours (and depending on what the team is named) is it becoming the de facto national team. Was never a fan of the Warriors being the NZ Warriors- particularly when they had the black/white colour scheme
They are so much better looking in the Auckland color scheme, can even use more of the green and really stand out, blue/green combo is very under used

Matiunz

Juniors
They are so much better looking in the Auckland color scheme, can even use more of the green and really stand out, blue/green combo is very under used
Out of the original colours the green and red are the ones I feel the least affinity to being put there to appease the original sponsor. Although wouldn’t surprise me to see more green for ONE.NZ as Vodafone were behind adding red back into the black/white colour scheme

MugaB

Coach
Out of the original colours the green and red are the ones I feel the least affinity to being put there to appease the original sponsor. Although wouldn’t surprise me to see more green for ONE.NZ as Vodafone were behind adding red back into the black/white colour scheme
All work well together, just as long as its mainly blue and white, just like to see a bit more green involved

jim_57

Staff member
Perth - Red & Black, touch of white and/or yellow. Bears.

PNG - Mainly yellow, bit of black trim. Or something different entirely to separate themselves from Kumuls, Hunters & Vipers.

South Island - Dark Green & Black, maybe a hint of orange/brown/yellow.

Brisbane 3/Ipswich - Dark green & Orange (Ipswich & Easts).

Adelaide - Blue, Red & Yellow. Rams colours.

Wellington - Black & Yellow. Or something unique to distinguish themselves from Hurricanes.

Fiji - Brown & White/Black.

CQ - Light blue & Maroon. Caprad colours and unused as a combo.

Sunshine Coast - Something “Sunny”, maybe Yellow, Blue, Green & White. Yellow Sun, White Sand, Green Hills & Blue Ocean.

Any revival/relocation of Newtown - Blue & White or Blue & Black.

Nuke

Staff member
Forgetting about particular bids, what new, decent colour schemes could we have going forward?

Given WA have nominated red-black-yellow-white, I'm thinking more about beyond that. No other bid have nominated or publicly spoken about their planned colours, so they're open as far as I'm concerned. What colour combinations work elsewhere that we don't have?

For example, I forget which american sport/s these are from, but here are their team colour palettes:
images-2.png
images-1.png

MugaB

Coach
Forgetting about particular bids, what new, decent colour schemes could we have going forward?

Given WA have nominated red-black-yellow-white, I'm thinking more about beyond that. No other bid have nominated or publicly spoken about their planned colours, so they're open as far as I'm concerned. What colour combinations work elsewhere that we don't have?

For example, I forget which american sport/s these are from, but here are their team colour palettes:
View attachment 95435
View attachment 95434
Like I said before, it all depends on the PNG mascot, aswell as the team 20 mascot, that usually dictates what the colors might/could be, for example if rumours are true, and it is the PNG Scorpions, then you can cross out blues, purples, reds, it all depends on the branding they go with.. (usually Scorpions teams are yellow and black or lime/green and black).

Nz South Island Kea have already said it would be a green, orange, brown setup, which matches the animal.
We already know the Bears are doing the Western reds colors.
If your looking for a unique color combo, then teal or grey/silver is under used, add green or white to it
I'm thinking for the Jets (Western corridor bid).

Then there's also brown, not since Penrith changed from the brown to black in 1990 has it been used, nowadays it might be more accepted, as they are using pink aswell with little problems, brown if used right can be really good, like a dark chocolate, paired against orange, or white or both, which is what I suggested east tigers go with if they got team 20 (just change to a prehistoric Sabretooth tiger, instead of their current eastern suburbs tigers of the brl)
We already have too many blue or navy with whatever, need to add something different something simple but bold, like the Raiders of '82
Or storm with purple in '98, those two teams are now recognised by lime and purple respectively

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Current teams:

Brisbane: Maroon and gold
Canberra: Lime green, white and navy
gold
Canterbury: dark blue and white
Cronulla: sky blue, black and white
Dolphins: Red, white and Gold
Gold Coast: light blue, gold, white and navy
Manly: Maroon and white
Melbourne: purple and navy 2° white and Gold
New Zealand:blue, green, red and white
Newcastle: blue and red 2° white
North Qld: Navy Blue, grey and gold
Parramatta: blue and gold
Penrith: Black, 2° red, green, gold
Souths: 'Cardinal and Myrtle' (red & green)
St G I: white and red
Roosters: navy blue, red and white
Wests tigers: black, white and Gold.

8 teams have 'gold' in their colours which ranges from Parramatta yellow to Tigers orange.

If I was the WA bears I would go red and black with only a dash of white or yellow.

PNG: I believe they will go with their national colours and although gold is common no team has it predominantly (parra did but their front office dopes seem to have abandoned it).

A team in predominantly orange or predominantly emerald green would be awesome.

Diesel

Referee
The Titans should swap yellow for maroon since they represent northern NSW & southern QLD.

I get the blue/gold is the sea and sun /sand but we already have Parra with that colour set.

mikail-eagle

Bench
These are some of the different variations of the Hunters Jerseys since 2014.
2769897_orig.jpg

263dd9c062c7d491d47eedeae7785d3e

2017-Intrust-Cup-Minor-Premiers.jpg

jason-obrien---isc-png-v-tville-jo---0174.jpg

060924ssHunters-1-1280x853.webp

Matt_CBY

Juniors
The PNG situation is literally a throw the rule book out the window type of arrangement.

Depending on the moniker used, I’d support going full left field.

Why not own Teal or Turquoise?

MugaB

Coach
The PNG situation is literally a throw the rule book out the window type of arrangement.

Depending on the moniker used, I’d support going full left field.

Why not own Teal or Turquoise?
I like teal, but yellow seems the obvious one for png for some reason...
Teal would suit Wellington, the orcas

Santino Patane

Juniors
North Devils have shown how the Titans colours can be done very well. Titans continual persistence with gradients does my head in.
Disagree completely. As a fan, returning to the gradient was the best move we did after a run of absolute mid at best designs. I don’t have rock solid numbers but the response from the rest of the Titans fan base as well as seeing what jerseys are sold/worn would say our supporters agree with me too- which are the people that matter most. But each to their own, right?!

Latest posts