What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Run Home

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Funnily enough when you look at the Titans' roster, it's hard to mount a case that they do deserve to make the finals. They've beaten one top eight side - the Panthers - and drawn with the Sharks. We've beaten three. Do you deserve to make the finals when you only beat one team in it? Or have you just received a dream draw and have made the most of it.

Probably could argue it from a strength of squad/effort/off-season turmoil perspective. However, they've since added massive strength to their spine with Hayne and Peats, plus Konnie, their coach is 1000x better than ours so I don't think they can play the over-achievers card anymore. If they lose their last two games and we win ours, it'll be a massive fail for them and we'll definitely deserve it more.

vvvrulz

Coach
They've beaten one top eight side - the Panthers - and drawn with the Sharks. We've beaten three. Do you deserve to make the finals when you only beat one team in it? Or have you just received a dream draw and have made the most of it.

If we got in ahead of them, we'd only have Panthers and Dogs.
We have *not* won a lot of big games this year.

The Titans have half the squad power we do and are still three points clear of us, they deserve it.

JJ

Immortal
Given the way the comp is, it's always the case that a few bog average, or worse, teams will make the 8...

The top 6 look better than the rest, Penrith really are the team of the future, Gold Coast have been honest (score more and conceded fewer than us) and nobody expected anything from them - the Hayne and Peats signings have been pretty late, Hayne especially - and of course they lost DCE and Seizer... We've been shit, to be blunt...

As someone said, the Roosters and Souths will be kicking themselves, having cured their dropsies Souths are going well, and while Pearce is maligned with him they are a better team - and remember we edged them twice in his absence, he plays we lose both those imo

Anyway, top 6 is the way I'd prefer it, and if we were in that race I'd be excited

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If we got in ahead of them, we'd only have Panthers and Dogs.
We have *not* won a lot of big games this year.

The Titans have half the squad power we do and are still three points clear of us, they deserve it.

Broncos as well, it's three. I agree with what you're saying on the whole...but if the Titans can't win another game, their record will be 11 wins 12 losses and that should never make the finals. It'll only be our failings/the Eels' board's woes/the woeful Knights/a sweet bottom-eight laden draw that will get them there.

vvvrulz

Coach
Broncos as well, it's three. I agree with what you're saying on the whole...but if the Titans can't win another game, their record will be 11 wins 12 losses and that should never make the finals. It'll only be our failings/the Eels' board's woes/the woeful Knights/a sweet bottom-eight laden draw that will get them there.

Forgot the Broncs, and I totally agree the Titans are a seriously average side which shouldn't be in any top eight. But it speaks volumes that they're a better chance than us.

Blair

Coach
Phil, I don't believe your traditonal 'Dr Death' post is possible this year. It usually involves a highly unlikely (or near impossible) scenario whereby you'd announce something like having to win six games out of seven, or turnaround a huge points differential in our last game or two.

This year it's too cut and dry, not losing one of our last two, or the Titans not winning one. Points diff don't matter either! It couldn't get more doable!

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I mean it's doable...I'm interested that the Titans are favourites tonight. They'll be motivated like you've never seen before, obviously they're at home and the Pennies are already in the finals. I dunno, I said last week I think we'll make it to 8th but now I'm not so certain. As much as I get sick of the bloke. Jarryd Hayne does big matches near finals pretty well.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
The game tonight is the big one. The other three should have every chance of going our way. As much as this season has been a failure and we don't deserve it...damn it I want to sneak into the finals anyway! It's been too long and it's a nice exciting experience. Cmon Panthers, keep the dream alive so we can get broken hearted when we bomb it against the Tigers...

Leber

Bench
I can't see the Titans getting up against the cows. I think if we win both games, we are in the 8.

Still, probably shit the bed.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Well, that makes things interesting. All three results are well backed with the bookies the way we need them. This is basically back in our hands barring some massive upset in Townsville. Game on for tomorrow!

I can't see the Titans getting up against the cows. I think if we win both games, we are in the 8.

Still, probably shit the bed.
We will see tomorrow if we blow Tigers away, limp home or get beaten!

Oh also will Cowboys rest player to get another QLD team in finals

Blair

Coach
Are you guys okay? How was watching that?

I watched the union test. A neighbour interrupted me as he needed help moving a sofa, his TV showed the Panthers racing out to a 12-0 lead after 16 mins. That made me feel a little better. But I know the Panthers, and I know the Warriors even more.

I got the fright of my life logging on to this site and seeing that final score though. There's no way I was watching or listening (or updatng this site) live!

Tonight's Panthers win was the most important (non-Warriors) result for us since the first week of the 2011 finals.

Last edited: