What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The secret meeting to run Smith out of town

cram

Bench
I had my two bobs worth today on 2SM, via 2HD. Graham Hughes and Tunks make some good points on this whole issue.

Firstly they are saying that Danny should come out and say exactly whats happening at the club, he has spoken once to Toohey well come out and say what the real deal is.

Secondly, that the board have been all too quite on this situation. That they have not really came out in support of Brian Smith or anyone for that matter.

They gave Harrogan a rev up and said that he should stop sitting on the fence.

Listening to Tunks is refreshing, he rates Reynoldson as a 50k a year player with incentives. He challenged those who believes that Reynoldson is worth 200k to ring up and tell him when he last won the man of the match....lol

On another point, did anyone read the Newcastle paper yesterday. Cochran, chairman of the board, was interviewed. He was asked what position the Knights finished in last year. His reply was 12th I think, I don't really know....now that must inspire you with confidence.

darkness

Juniors
I have never been over enthused about the clean-out but even I am feeling a bit sorry for all involved in this sh*t, Smith and Reno. I didn't like Smith being the coach but ffs I wouldn't go as far as to get him kicked out and so on like the Tele has carried on with, he deserves a chance. Can't wait till its over.

Pika

Bench
darkness said:
I have never been over enthused about the clean-out but even I am feeling a bit sorry for all involved in this sh*t, Smith and Reno. I didn't like Smith being the coach but ffs I wouldn't go as far as to get him kicked out and so on like the Tele has carried on with, he deserves a chance. Can't wait till its over.

:shock:

antonius

Coach
cram said:
I had my two bobs worth today on 2SM, via 2HD. Graham Hughes and Tunks make some good points on this whole issue.

Firstly they are saying that Danny should come out and say exactly whats happening at the club, he has spoken once to Toohey well come out and say what the real deal is.

Secondly, that the board have been all too quite on this situation. That they have not really came out in support of Brian Smith or anyone for that matter.

They gave Harrogan a rev up and said that he should stop sitting on the fence.

Listening to Tunks is refreshing, he rates Reynoldson as a 50k a year player with incentives. He challenged those who believes that Reynoldson is worth 200k to ring up and tell him when he last won the man of the match....lol

On another point, did anyone read the Newcastle paper yesterday. Cochran, chairman of the board, was interviewed. He was asked what position the Knights finished in last year. His reply was 12th I think, I don't really know....now that must inspire you with confidence.
I agree that is pretty pathetic isn't it? I think everyone is seeing this for what it is now (that's an orchestrated campagn against Smith by the Telegraph, and 2GB.) Respected columnists from other papers, have said so, and Ben Ikin said as much on the Footy show yesterday, in fact he said that they should be ashamed of themselves.
A piece in todays Newcastle Paper has Jack Newton denying that the White Knights have any agenda in getting rid of Smith, so again just another Telegraph beat-up.
The White Knights are huge financial supporters of the club
Interestingly also Newton says "As far as us giving the Knights a fortune is concerned, that's absolute rubbish, we've never given them a penny!!!