What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The shoulder charge debate thread

Lambretta

First Grade
its cleaning up the game happening in all sports around the world as well, no more fighting

its about attracting the biggest audience which includes more women and kids.

more sponsors more money $$$

Well how are we tracking since we started making the game incomprehensible through messing around with these rule changes?

TV audiences down
Gates at the game down
Interest down

When I'm at the footy, I don't find myself surrounded by women all swooning at the referees for not understanding the difference between an accidental collision and a shoulder charge - I find myself surrounded by a bunch of blokes saying "f**k this shit - this ain't worth watching any more"

If you want to grow the audience by attracting women and children we need to tell them that the cast of Sex and City and One Direction are appearing at Allianz stadium, because what we're putting on isn't attracting anyone - it's just alienating the existing audience

The whole thing is a f**king joke and I'm sick to the back teeth with it all

If the NRL keeps on making the game more and more ridiculous I'm going to give up.

Well how are we tracking since we started making the game incomprehensible through messing around with these rule changes?

TV audiences down
Gates at the game down
Interest down

When I'm at the footy, I don't find myself surrounded by women all swooning at the referees for not understanding the difference between an accidental collision and a shoulder charge - I find myself surrounded by a bunch of blokes saying "f**k this shit - this ain't worth watching any more"

If you want to grow the audience by attracting women and children we need to tell them that the cast of Sex and City and One Direction are appearing at Allianz stadium, because what we're putting on isn't attracting anyone - it's just alienating the existing audience

If the NRL keeps on making the game more and more ridiculous I'm going to give up.

I hear you. I've said it before: as soon as they started chasing "the family" demographic, they stuffed it.

Mr Spock!

Referee

TV audiences down
Gates at the game down
Interest down

And some of the namby pamby new age union/afl types who get upset that a footballer might do something risky or look angry and want to cleanse the 'product' of any spirit are over in the motor sports threads.

How about they f**k up that sport with their calls for safety and not doing anything dangerous, like I don't know, speeding.

Mr Spock!

Referee
If you don't like it you should probably stop watching it.

Bit hard to break old habits.

You of course must be campaigning to stop unsafe behaviour in motor sports.

You'd be much happier watching Bathurst as they go around at 100kph.

I mean it's all about driver safety.

Parra

Referee
A lot of it is. I understand that.

I also understand in when I watch NRL, Rugby Union, NFL and cricket.

No big deal.

Latest posts