What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Silly (for all the wrong reasons) Season Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
cainen said:
Another two other quality players have become available in Sargent and Sione. We ruled out Sargent immediately and I doubt we're interested in Sione either. We do appear to have lost the plot.

Hopefully we are all proven wrong and next year we do the same thing as the last time we got a new coach.

For mine, making a real attempt at recruiting Sione Faumuina is an absolute must. For all his shortcomings off the field this guy is a gamebreaker and would add something to our side which we don't have. He offers something different in attack.

choc_soldier

Coach
cainen said:
Hopefully we are all proven wrong and next year we do the same thing as the last time we got a new coach.

By finishing 12th?! :lol::crazy:

Or do you mean the following year? :cool:

Big Mick

Referee
Faumuinia should be chased. He is exactly what we need at lock imo. He is a gamebreaker as Kilkenny said but with the right coach and a kick up the arse he'd be awesome.

I would have liked Costigan...but he's signed with Raiders now....he'll be a good buy for them.

Seymour...i'd rather not to be honest....maybe for depth...but we would be trading one turnstyle for another.

Kilkenny

Coach
Why the delay in Brett Seymour signing with the Sharks.

Was supposed to be a done deal and was widely rumoured he was supposed to sign on the dotted line last week.

Surely, the delay can only involve some late interest from another club.

Big Mick

Referee
hopefully it isn't us.

Sorry but I have absolutely no interest in Seymour.

He is as good a defender as Preston and can't attack as well.

If we were gonna have someone like Preston with defensive problems i'd rather have Sammut there because at least he can attack. Seymour has nothing.

Kilkenny

Coach
While the so called silly season came and went with no input from our beloved Panthers who totally missed the boat in the recruitment stakes we should see 4-5 signings after the end of the NRL and ESL season. We will no doubt pick up at least one signing from the ESL and some fringe players from NRL clubs (Bartercard Cup) once the final series are over.

It is purely my speculation only but I expect we will make at least one signing from the ESL, obviously a forward from one of the relegated clubs or someone who is sick and tired of the bleak weather in the North East of England.

Latest posts