What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Silly (for all the wrong reasons) Season Thread

cainen

Juniors
Smith would have been an astute purchase. We have a couple of young 5/8's coming through that are about a year off first grade and Smith would have filled in nicely until they are ready. He would be the logical solution in that position. Our administrators don't seem to follow any kind of logic when it comes to recruitment though.

Pantherjim.

Referee
cainen said:
Smith would have been an astute purchase. We have a couple of young 5/8's coming through that are about a year off first grade and Smith would have filled in nicely until they are ready. He would be the logical solution in that position. Our administrators don't seem to follow any kind of logic when it comes to recruitment though.

Cainen, as much as I agree with you, Since Richo left for Souths, when have you known our recruitment team to ever make an "astute" purchase?

cainen

Juniors
If he's heard the results from the last two weeks I'd say he's enjoying himself a whole lot less than he otherwise would be.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Caged Panther said:
gee big mick left on holidays at the right time, saved himself alot of pain and suffering

Mmmmm.... Wish I'd booked my leave a lot sooner now than November, especially now knowing that we won't be in the finals.

Couldn't be bothered even turning the tele on for a Dogs/Storm Grand Final!

Just out of interests sake, did Mick go O.S. for his holiday?

Pantherjim.

Referee
PK said:
I hope he's enjoying himself. Can't imagine Mick not finding out the scores though.

Even if he's O.S. I doubt he'd pass up the opportunity to duck into an Internet cafe and check the scores on the N.R.L. website.

I was in Malaysia 3 weeks ago, and I couldn't have slept until I'd found an Internet Cafe to log onto P.I. to see if we'd signed anyone new,(Wishful thinking!) or log on to the N.R.L. site to see how we were doing against the Cowboys for the W.E. that I was in Penang.

richie8u

Juniors
still all quite, i think most people ( including myself ) have given up on signing anyone, we have less than zero depth, we have holes in the starting 13,

Kilkenny

Coach
richie8u said:
still all quite, i think most people ( including myself ) have given up on signing anyone, we have less than zero depth, we have holes in the starting 13,

I see former Panther Sid Domic is retiring from ESL at season's end and returning to Australia.

We're not having any luck recruiting with our other strategies so perhaps we should focus on trying to encourage recently retired players back to the game. See how much luck we have with this strategy.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I heard through a reputable source that Girds is itching to get back on the paddock.

MG looks like he's ready to explode into a jersey.

Those two will help Gowie direct us forward. A leader in the backs and the a leader in the forwards. Now that will do me!

Panthers_God

Juniors
Kilkenny said:
At see former Panther Sid Domic is retiring from ESL at season's end and returning to Australia.

We're not having any luck recruiting with our other strategies so perhaps we should focus on trying to encourage recently retired players back to the game. See how much luck we have with this strategy.

Haha,

Squidy, what a bloody legend, I absolutely loved this bloke.

mightypanther

Juniors
I think Sid had a go pretty much everywhere didn't he ?

Talk about multi skilled. I always loved Sid too.

And Barry Walker, Macca, Danny Farrah, Brad Drew etc

I missed them all when the club saw fit to cut them loose
and show them no thanks or recognition for their efforts.

Every one of them was a workhorse.
No accolades, but worked their butts off game after game after game.

Loved 'em all.

The Rhino

Juniors
Barry Walker left the club because he retired due to a back injury, and he got a lap of honour on his own. I think that shows the club recognised his contribution to the club.

Kilkenny

Coach
Caged Panther said:
Didn't simmons have him playing in the front row, or maybe the 2nd row at one stage?

Sid, made 83 appearances for the Panthers between 1997-2001 and was a wholehearted performer who never let the side down. My recollection is the bulk of his performances were in the back row after originally being signed as an outside back. Sid was distinctive in that like Preston Campbell and to a lesser degree Shane Rodney (prior to this year anyway) because of the fact he wore headgear during games.

*Sandy*

First Grade
He was loved overseas too. We had some pommies who occassionally gave us updates on how he was travelling.

Latest posts