What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Silly (for all the wrong reasons) Season Thread

mightypanther

Juniors
I didn't mean to make it sound like I was referring to Barry Walker when I said that the club released them without recognition, I just didn't word it very well, cause I was in a hurry.

I know full well that Barry got a lap of honour, he was also given the couch of honour on stage at the presentation night that year too.

He actually received more of a respected send off than most other former players that I can think of.

But what I said about releases and lack of respect still applies to the rest of the players I mentioned, and many more that I didn't name.

Kilkenny

Coach
PK said:
I hope he's enjoying himself. Can't imagine Mick not finding out the scores though.

The last time the family and I were overseas in the USA in 2002 for five weeks I had the misfortune of trackling our results on the World Wide Web. Five consecutive losses, big ones at that if I remember correctly.

Could have quite easily jumped from the highest point (287 feet) of the Goliath roller coaster at Magic Mountain after learning of our latest flogging.

That goodness for gravity, keep me in my seat and as history shows 2003 was a pretty fair season.

Big Mick, I understand went to Europe so hopefully he didn't throw himself off one of the scary rides at Disneyland Paris after the Souths loss!

*Sandy*

First Grade
Kilkenny said:
The last time the family and I were overseas in the USA in 2002 for five weeks I had the misfortune of trackling our results on the World Wide Web. Five consecutive losses, big ones at that if I remember correctly.

Could have quite easily jumped from the highest point (287 feet) of the Goliath roller coaster at Magic Mountain after learning of our latest flogging.

That goodness for gravity, keep me in my seat and as history shows 2003 was a pretty fair season.

Big Mick, I understand went to Europe so hopefully he didn't throw himself off one of the scary rides at Disneyland Paris after the Souths loss!

The hardest losses in 2002 for me were the ones where we just dipped out, especially through dodgy ref calls.

Kilkenny

Coach
PK said:
The hardest losses in 2002 for me were the ones where we just dipped out, especially through dodgy ref calls.

Thankfully PK foxtel IQ wasn't around in 2002 PK so the Kilkenny clan wasn't able to watch the replays upon our return to OZ that season.

Kilkenny

Coach
On the Kilkenny Family Vacation in the USA in 2002 I was drinking at bar in San Fransisco called the 'Anfield Road'. I got talking to the owner who not surprisingly was an ex pat pommy who was a mad Liverpool soccer fan. The funny thing was being from the north of England he was also midly interested in rugby league and we got talking and I told him about my passion for the Panthers. He was able to actually deliver the bad news on one of losses we suffered while we were overseas on that particular trip. Can't remember now which particular game it was but it's a small world and even in the USA it is not possible to escape the doom and gloom of a Panthers loss! Mind you PK large quantities of Millers Genuine Draft dulled the pain.

*Sandy*

First Grade
You could only drink in large quantities over there to put a dent on pain. I can't remember what beer it was that I tasted but it was a watered down shocker, but then again I am no beer conniseur. (please feel free to correct my spelling Mr Fibroman!)

Kilkenny

Coach
PK said:
You could only drink in large quantities over there to put a dent on pain. I can't remember what beer it was that I tasted but it was a watered down shocker, but then again I am no beer conniseur. (please feel free to correct my spelling Mr Fibroman!)

You are clearly referring to Budweisser. Not real flash. Even the full strength version tasted like the old Tooheys 2.2. Crap.

Should have networked better PK. Anyone who has been to the USA would surely have steered you into the best USA beer being Millers GD.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Yes that's it Budweisser. I think I tried it more to say yes I had. LOL! Now i can't even remember the damn name of it. I'm not a beer drinker, or any drinker really and if I do drink I would always end up in Tequila. I went there in 93 I think and was introduced to quality Tequila. Since then I have found it hard to drink the Tequila that is on offer here in Aus and find I probably need to be plastered to do so.

Kilkenny

Coach
PK said:
Yes that's it Budweisser. I think I tried it more to say yes I had. LOL! Now i can't even remember the damn name of it. I'm not a beer drinker, or any drinker really and if I do drink I would always end up in Tequila. I went there in 93 I think and was introduced to quality Tequila. Since then I have found it hard to drink the Tequila that is on offer here in Aus and find I probably need to be plastered to do so.

PK, Fibroman may have given you the wrong impression about Kilkenny. I can honestly say in 30 years since attaining the legal drinking age I cannot remember once consuming a tequila. I am however sure Fibroman has, despite not ever leaving the Aussie shores and certainly never having been to the spiritual home of tequila, Mexico.

Panthers_God

Juniors
I duno if anybody has already posted about this but I read on Foxtel that Frank Puletua is considering stayign with the Panthers if he can get a release from the Gold Coast. Apparently the family doesnt want to move, could just be speculation.

choc_soldier

Coach
The Sunday Tele (Rebecca Wilson, no less!) said that in the next two weeks, it will be announced that Wing will be coming to Penrith next year.

To be honest, I'm getting sick of this "saga"!

Caged Panther

First Grade
parra_panther said:
The Sunday Tele (Rebecca Wilson, no less!) said that in the next two weeks, it will be announced that Wing will be coming to Penrith next year.

To be honest, I'm getting sick of this "saga"!

actually it said that wing will ask the roosters for a release to join penrith which is quite different.

Nevertheless I continue to put this in the believe it when i see it category.

richie8u

Juniors
What about Dykes??
He might be on the outer again at the sharks, and might be a good stop gap, and he cant go worse than he did at parra, lol,
geeze its bad when we have to get rejects from other clubs as our "marquie signings"

choc_soldier

Coach
Caged Panther said:
actually it said that wing will ask the roosters for a release to join penrith which is quite different.

Nevertheless I continue to put this in the believe it when i see it category.

You're right - that's what it said.

Ditto.

Kilkenny

Coach
While my prayers still involve the unlikely scenario of Craig Wing becoming a Panther in 2007 we could do worse than consider approaching Adam Dykes should he be released by the Sharks as is apparently on the cards?

An established 5/8, IMO has a solid all round game and would compliment Craig Cower.

We simply cannot afford to go into 2007 with Craig Trindall, Peter Wallace and Jarrod Sammut as being our 5/8 options and or back up half backs. We could probably get away with either of these three options if we could guarantee Gowie being available for all 26 fixtures. Should Gowie be out at any stage we simply wouldn't have the halves to compete with the top sides, pure and simple.

Kilkenny

Coach
Things are defintely grim when even the Raiders recruit better than the Panthers.

Neville Costigan at 21 years of age will be a great pickup for the Raiders if they can keep him away from the nightspots at Manuka.

Kilkenny

Coach
Notwithstanding some issues with alcohol, I think Neville Costigan and Brett Seymour were viable potential recruits for our club. Both 21 years of age and no one can doubt there potential. Whose to say we could not have put the proper procedures in place to support them and ensure, where possible, they did not have similar problems with us. I cannot believe the club did not even consider making approaches to players of this calibre. It is not as if we have half a dozen or more players in the premier league who are ready to step up to the top grade in 2007. While I try to stay positive as much as possible, I can't help thinking we've lost the plot.

cainen

Juniors
Another two other quality players have become available in Sargent and Sione. We ruled out Sargent immediately and I doubt we're interested in Sione either. We do appear to have lost the plot.

Hopefully we are all proven wrong and next year we do the same thing as the last time we got a new coach.

Latest posts