What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Simpsons or Family guy

What is better?

• The Simpsons

Votes: 34 72.3%
  • Family guy

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters

Styles clash

Juniors
Family Guy going to have a 19th season. Over a decade since I watched regularly. Is it still good? If it's not still good, what season is the last good one?

The Simpsons is great through season 7, still good in season 8, then unwatchable by the end of season 9. Depressing it has way more shit episodes than good by now.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Then again,

South Park>>>all ;-)
The thread should of been ended after this comment.

13 years later and it’s more true now than ever.

Simpson’s was great in its day but they have totally ruined their legacy. I got bored of Family guy pretty quick. Trey Parker sledge on the show was pretty much spot on.

perverse

Referee
ThreadNecromancer.png

Timbo

Staff member
This thread received a bump after thirteen years. The post before that bump, it had still been seven years since the Simpsons last great episode.

mongoose

Coach
Only in 2007 would this even be a question.

Peak Simpsons shits on FG from a great height. I even watched Family Guy and I struggle to remember many iconic moments, whereas every single Simpsons Ep from S3 to about S8 has an iconic moment or quote.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Only in 2007 would this even be a question.

Peak Simpsons shits on FG from a great height. I even watched Family Guy and I struggle to remember many iconic moments, whereas every single Simpsons Ep from S3 to about S8 has an iconic moment or quote.
It might have to do with what age you were when seeing a particular show. But I do 100% agree. It would be a rare day in my life if I don’t drop a Simpsons quote somewhere at least once.

simmo1

First Grade
Difficult to answer as peak Simpsons is far better than anything Family Guy has done, but FG has much more consistent quality throughout. If you were to pick a Simpsons episode at random there is about a 70% chance it will be garbage.

Edit. So just flicked onto Fox 8 and this Simpsons episode has its lead joke as Homer struggling to blow out candles on a cake. What has this show become?

roofromoz

First Grade
I am one of those schmos from the box factory that has kept watching The Simpsons up to the current season (31).

There is the occasionally great scene and even good episode every now and then. It's watchable but not in the same universe as "classic" Simpsons. The movie in 2007 was a great opportunity to just finish it.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I didn’t even know Simpson’s and Family Guy were still around

Simpsons has been terrible for well over a decade whereas FG was a one trick pony that was funny for a few years

South Park meanwhile has established itself as the undisputed King of cartoon comedies. Reinvented itself but still stayed loyal to its roots

South Park shits over both. Simpsons had the golden age between seasons 3-8. Family Guy was funny for a few years but petered out (pun intended.)

South Park has managed to be just as funny and still find relevance in every episode. A key part of that was Randy becoming a more mainstream character. He's easily my favourite character on the show.

RedVDave

First Grade
Simpsons seasons 1-11 were absolutely gold! 12-15 were ok and anything after that is painfully bad.

Family Guy seasons 1-7 are amazing I still watch it and enjoy it I think family guy has had more good seasons than.bad. whereas the Simpsons has lost all it's appeal and killed their legacy in the process.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
the South Park take down of the Family Guy writers is probably the best bit of television in history. If you disagree then your last name must be MacFarlane
The people from King of the Hill thanked them after that episode. Told them they were doing gods work :joy::joy::joy:

gUt

Coach
Classic Simpsons is the gold standard in just about all American TV comedy.

There are so many excellent animated shows that fans of Simpsons/FG/South Park should check out:

Squidbillies
Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Metalocalypse
Monkey Dust
Archer
Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law
Rick and Morty
F is for Family