What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Simpsons or Family guy

What is better?

• The Simpsons

Votes: 34 72.3%
  • Family guy

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters

Jono078

Referee
I discovered FG pretty late, but ever since ive loved it.

FG easy for mine.

Although Simpsons was the best, it's just a bit dated IMO.

Phillips

Referee
simpsons have sucked anus for the past 5 or so years (perhaps even more).. really should have quit while they were ahead

family guy are funnier now

but nothing beats the classic simpsons episodes

adamkungl

Immortal
Simpsons is pretty poo-tastic these days. Classics are great but at the moment, FG craps all over it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I actually prefer American Dad! to Family Guy. And I'm also a fan of Futurama.

Anyway, back on topic - to me, the classic Simpsons episodes were a perfect example of subtle humour that was at times understated and yet quite brilliant.

Family Guy, whilst still hilarious, is not subtle. It's just loud and crude and very funny.

Having said that, Drawn Together puts Family Guy to shame when it comes to crudeness.

pantherlove

Juniors
Eelementary said:
I actually prefer American Dad! to Family Guy. And I'm also a fan of Futurama.
agreed!

Anyway, back on topic - to me, the classic Simpsons episodes were a perfect example of subtle humour that was at times understated and yet quite brilliant.
agreed

Family Guy, whilst still hilarious, is not subtle. It's just loud and crude and very funny.
very very funny

Having said that, Drawn Together puts Family Guy to shame when it comes to crudeness.

Drawn together is also very very funny.
Thanks Eelementary you saved me from typing out more words then i needed..

Cheers!:alcho:

Eelementary

Post Whore
:lol:

Family Guy is great with its randomness.

But what I love about the classic Simpsons episodes was that there was a subtle nuance to their humour. Yes, many of their jokes were obvious. But some of them were subtle and clever.

And one of my favourite Simpsons moments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2T2rD0rg2Q

Big Pete

Referee
Currently Family Guy is the superior show however I tend to find it lacking nowadays. It's as if the writers are trying to just write really crude storylines to shock audiences into laughter but it's not nearly as well written as it used to be; which rubs off on me.

So in summary:
The Simpsons (Season 3-8) = Family Guy (Seasons 1-3) >>>>>>>>Family Guy (Seasons 4-6) >>>>>>>> The Simpsons (Nowadays)

Latest posts