What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'The Simpsons' Renewed for 26th Season

Bulldog Force

Referee
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/the-simpsons-renewed-for-26th-season-20131007

Just when you think it's gone...
The Simpsons are set to continue their shenanigans with a 26th season on Fox. The show was renewed for another season, Reuters reports, solidifying its status as the longest-running animated television series.
"For more than a quarter of a century, The Simpsons has captured the hearts and minds of fans in a way that transcends ages, languages and cultures," Kevin Reilly, Fox's chairman of entertainment, said in a statement.

But some changes are coming to the show. Executive producer Al Jean said last week that the show plans to kill off a major character. "This is great; no end in sight, except for one character who will die next season," Jean said. Last night's Halloween-themed episode featured a special opening couch gag sequence directed by Guillermo Del Toro, and the show has attracted other big-name stars during its run including Elizabeth Taylor, astronaut Buzz Aldrin, physicist Stephen Hawking and musicians including Mick Jagger, Paul McCartney, Michael Jackson, the Who, R.E.M. and many, many others.
"It's one of the greatest sitcoms of our time, and I'm looking forward to yet another landmark season," Reilly said.

I watched the Halloween episode, and the entire opening was halloween based. It was pretty cool. The episode itself though, not so much!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Also for this season, one of the characters is going to get killed off, but no word yet on who it will be.

Xfactor1979

Bench
Marcia Wallace, the voice of Edna Krabappel, Bart's hopeless romantic teacher has passed on today

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/10/26/uk-usa-people-wallace-idUKBRE99P0A420131026

A moment I do recall with Mrs Krabappel was this episode->

bart-the-lover-picture.png

^ Some of us know that feeling

Bulldog Force

Referee
Yeah I just read about that. So sad. The only other voice actors from the show whom I can recall passing on are were Phil Hartman, who voice Troy McLure and Lionel Hutz, and Doris Grau, who voiced Lunchlady Doris. This just goes to show how amazing and long serving the actors have been.

I don't know if this will have an impact on the shows plans to kill off a certain character this year.

DB

First Grade
Yeah I just read about that. So sad. The only other voice actors from the show whom I can recall passing on are were Phil Hartman, who voice Troy McLure and Lionel Hutz, and Doris Grau, who voiced Lunchlady Doris. This just goes to show how amazing and long serving the actors have been.

I don't know if this will have an impact on the shows plans to kill off a certain character this year.

Phil Hartman was one lost too early tbh.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Not much tributes to Marcia in this episode. The episode was titled "Four Regrets and a Funeral" - I thought the funeral part was going to be for her, but nope, it was literally about some unknown character on the show. I sure hope that wasn't the bit character kill-off they were talking about.

The only tributes they had for Marcia was Bart's lines in the opening credits - it was simply one line that said "We'll miss you Mrs K", and then at the end just before the credits, it said something like "In loving memory of Marcia Wallace" with a picture of Mrs. K sitting on her desk, then giving her classical "Ha" laugh.

Hopefully there's a proper tribute episode to her later down the track.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So what did they do with her character?

Also, I was shocked to see Edna married Flanders! Haven't kept up with the series because it's tripe now.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Not much tributes to Marcia in this episode. The episode was titled "Four Regrets and a Funeral" - I thought the funeral part was going to be for her, but nope, it was literally about some unknown character on the show. I sure hope that wasn't the bit character kill-off they were talking about.

The only tributes they had for Marcia was Bart's lines in the opening credits - it was simply one line that said "We'll miss you Mrs K", and then at the end just before the credits, it said something like "In loving memory of Marcia Wallace" with a picture of Mrs. K sitting on her desk, then giving her classical "Ha" laugh.

Hopefully there's a proper tribute episode to her later down the track.

f**k me. You do realise that each episode takes about 6 months to produce don't you. The add ins at the start and end are easy enough but you're going to be waiting a while before she gets a proper send off.

Bulldog Force

Referee
So what did they do with her character?

Also, I was shocked to see Edna married Flanders! Haven't kept up with the series because it's tripe now.
They didn't mention or show her character at all, but interestingly enough, they did show Flanders.

Bulldog Force

Referee
f**k me. You do realise that each episode takes about 6 months to produce don't you. The add ins at the start and end are easy enough but you're going to be waiting a while before she gets a proper send off.
6 months? Going by your logic they'll only manage to make 2 episodes per year!

For the record, I didn't expect them to make an episode this quickly for her, I just thought with the word 'Funeral' in the episode title it might have been!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
6 months? Going by your logic they'll only manage to make 2 episodes per year!

For the record, I didn't expect them to make an episode this quickly for her, I just thought with the word 'Funeral' in the episode title it might have been!

After a script is written it takes about two weeks to storyboard, record the voices and music. The rest of the time is spent animating and in post production editing.

Logic will tell you that the process is ongoing, once one animator has finished his scenes for the day (which might be from a multitude of episodes) he doesn't clock off for the year, he does more scenes for subsequent episodes.

Bulldog Force

Referee
YOLO (You Only Live Once) episode was an episode centered mostly around the Elementary School. Yes, Mrs K was there, and she even had a few lines. I honestly thought when her first line was spoken, that it was someone different, but nope, it was Marcia Wallace.

Latest posts