What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Skull (Somewhat dragon related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBD82

Coach
The problem (if there is one) isn’t immigration to Australia, rather it’s how to get immigrants (or just Australians in general) to not move to the big cities and to try and de-centralise Australian population centres, because at the current rate, it just does not seem sustainable.
I'd say the issue is that if you build an economy which is reliant on perpetual growth, a population that doesn't at least reproduce itself becomes a major issue.

It's why I don't think that it's inconsistent for economic conservatives to encourage immigration, or for the the traditional left economists to want to limit numbers. Just another example where people can have conflict between their social and economic political leanings.

SBD82

Coach
The left does have a tendency to be pro immigration due to immigrants tending to vote left in new countries for economic reasons.
I've seen this argument put forward as criticism of the left, but never actually put forward as policy from the left wing. Specifically I've seen Shapiro male this argument many times.

Usually the rhetoric I've seen from the left is around humanitarian needs; less of an attachment to the idea of nationhood and more an idea of being an international citizen.

I'd be curious if you have evidence of this from a primary source?

Collateral

Coach
I've seen this argument put forward as criticism of the left, but never actually put forward as policy from the left wing. Specifically I've seen Shapiro male this argument many times.

Usually the rhetoric I've seen from the left is around humanitarian needs; less of an attachment to the idea of nationhood and more an idea of being an international citizen.

I'd be curious if you have evidence of this from a primary source?

https://cis.org/sites/cis.org/files/articles/2010/republican-demise.pdf

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...equals-more-democrats-and-more-losses-for-gop

SBD82

Coach
Southern was recently denied entry into the UK, which is absurd when they let ISIS maniacs back in.
To be fair, they wouldn't let ISIS maniacs back in unless it was by mistake.

But yes, ridiculous to not let her in. I missed that. Was it recent?

Collateral

Coach

Yeah last week. Police detained her in Calais and interrogated her, refused her legal aid and informed her father (at 3am in the morning his time) that she had been detained under terrorism laws, before eventually telling her that she was banned from entering the UK based on her political beliefs.

They also detained and refused entry to a right wing couple the week before. It’s ludicrous.

Smack

Coach

Couple weeks ago and the reason “was not conducive to the public good”, the Home Office said.

lol

Collateral

Coach
Couple weeks ago and the reason “was not conducive to the public good”, the Home Office said.

lol

Little Lauren Southern terrifies leftists, apparently. Didn’t realise they could apply the terror laws that way. Lol.

SBD82

Coach
Forgive me if I wasn't clear, I recognise the phenomenon exists, what I haven't seen is anyone from the left advocating immigration for this purpose.

I might be being naive. But I think generally the motivation is what I outlined above, and it would take a very cynical political strategist to direct left strategy for this purpose.

Collateral

Coach
Forgive me if I wasn't clear, I recognise the phenomenon exists, what I haven't seen is anyone from the left advocating immigration for this purpose.

I might be being naive. But I think generally the motivation is what I outlined above, and it would take a very cynical political strategist to direct left strategy for this purpose.

Oh I don’t think any politician would be silly enough to openly advocate for immigration because it would help them get/stay in office...it would be a death sentence.

The Dems have shown their true colours though with the whole DACA fiasco. They actually aren’t interested in helping immigrants - they are interested in bolstering their voting base.

The Damo

Juniors
So which speakers that have been banned from entering countries, banned from social media or violently protested against; are so evil that they cannot be heard?

Is Jordan Peterson far right? What about Ben Shapiro? Dave Rubin? Christina Sommers? Steven Crowder? Lauren Southern? Tommy Robinson? All these guys have been harassed by the left with violent protests, undermining their ability to speak to people who have paid money to see than at a private event or just outright been banned or suspended from social media, simply for having right wing views that the left seems to be wrong.

Yet the left is happy to let people like Louis Farrakhan speak and publically support him, despite his hateful, anti-Semitic, racist vitriol that has actually led to the deaths of people.

I wouldn’t even call Milo far right; he’s just a right wing provocateur who makes his money from saying things the left says nobody should be allowed to say.

Again, you are trying to change the argument. The original question had nothing to do with right wing groups, it was specifically about antifa; but now that you seem to realise that they are indeed a hateful group, so you want to make the question about right wing groups to change the actual argument.

The question was about antifa. No mention was made of anyone else until you realised your error.
Oh dear, so much goal shifting and what aboutery. But to answer some of it
Peterson’s largely incoherent but def conservative.
Shapiro - right wing, more than a little racist
B852F32E-D495-4BA1-BB6A-80D0A11E81B9.jpeg
Southern - tried to stop people rescuing drowning refugees, and was banned buy the British government.The Tory British government. Seems pretty far right to me. I’ll ask again, despite your history of only ever deflecting direct questions - is the Tory party left wing? The British House of Lords lefties?
As far as I can tell the rest fit the “multiculturalism is white genocide” bill. So another direct question - do you think that’s a conservative, right wing, far right, or fascist position?
Farrakhan is vile, and plenty of lefties do disown and criticise him. Google it.
Care to address Milo calling this guy
A11EF47F-1EE5-414F-B0CA-7F8706267CCD.jpeg
“Very on brand” for him?

Antifa are dedicated to disrupting fascists - I think the documented violence of fascist groups is relevant to the discussion. Your focus on ignoring that violence doesn’t demonstrate an objective analysis I gotta say

SBD82

Coach
Yeah last week. Police detained her in Calais and interrogated her, refused her legal aid and informed her father (at 3am in the morning his time) that she had been detained under terrorism laws, before eventually telling her that she was banned from entering the UK based on her political beliefs.

They also detained and refused entry to a right wing couple the week before. It’s ludicrous.

lol
How absurd. The no platforming idea pisses me off. I want bad ideas publically challenged. If people disagree with southern, surely they would be better suited to publicly demonstrating why she is wrong.

It's not as though banning her from entering the country will destroy her sphere of influence anyway. Obviously she has a following in the U.K. already if she is planning tours.

Collateral

Coach
Oh dear, so much goal shifting and what aboutery. But to answer some of it
Peterson’s largely incoherent but def conservative.
Shapiro - right wing, more than a little racist
View attachment 18604
Southern - tried to stop people rescuing drowning refugees, and was banned buy the British government.The Tory British government. Seems pretty far right to me. I’ll ask again, despite your history of only ever deflecting direct questions - is the Tory party left wing? The British House of Lords lefties?
As far as I can tell the rest fit the “multiculturalism is white genocide” bill. So another direct question - do you think that’s a conservative, right wing, far right, or fascist position?
Farrakhan is vile, and plenty of lefties do disown and criticise him. Google it.
Care to address Milo calling this guy
View attachment 18605
“Very on brand” for him?

Antifa are dedicated to disrupting fascists - I think the documented violence of fascist groups is relevant to the discussion. Your focus on ignoring that violence doesn’t demonstrate an objective analysis I gotta say

I can see you are quite keen to drive this convo into a death spiral by just running around in circles and not really addressing anything, outside of making outlandish conclusions, based on very little evidence.

SBD82

Coach
Little Lauren Southern terrifies leftists, apparently. Didn’t realise they could apply the terror laws that way. Lol.
The irony is not lost on me that when terror laws were first canvassed, it was the left side of politics that fought against them to protect civil rights.

Collateral

Coach
The irony is not lost on me that when terror laws were first canvassed, it was the left side of politics that fought against them to protect civil rights.

That’s no longer the left faction in control though. Things have shifted dramatically further left since then.

The hilarious thing is what is written in the front of her Canadian Passport...the same as ours: “the Queen asks that you let this person travel without hinderence...”

The Damo

Juniors
I can see you are quite keen to drive this convo into a death spiral by just running around in circles and not really addressing anything, outside of making outlandish conclusions, based on very little evidence.
I am not sure how me answering your questions and providing evidence equals not addressing anything? You Still haven’t answered how the Tory government banning someone shows the left is destroying free speech?

Collateral

Coach
I am not sure how me answering your questions and providing evidence equals not addressing anything? You Still haven’t answered how the Tory government banning someone shows the left is destroying free speech?

You’re not answering questions though and you are leaping to conclusions about people because of tweets with zero context and the rest you don’t even know who they are?

Also, Jordan Peterson is one of the most coherent public commentators in a long time, hence his popularity.

As I said with milo; he makes his money off of stuff just like that because it rules up nutty lefties who think he is actually a Nazi.

SBD82

Coach
That’s no longer the left faction in control though. Things have shifted dramatically further left since then.
I'd say more that the lunatics who have always existed on the fringes of both sides now have more of a platform due to a change in technology. Which I guess is leading to more influence, maybe control. I'd like to think not.

The hilarious thing is what is written in the front of her Canadian Passport...the same as ours: “the Queen asks that you let this person travel without hinderence...”
Ha. f**k the queen. I question her authority to allow me to travel, let alone her authority to renounce that authority.

The irony is both ways though. The left using legislation that they fought for their own benefit, and the right being disadvantaged by legislation that they fought for.

I guess pragmatism makes hypocrites of us all.

The Damo

Juniors
You’re not answering questions though and you are leaping to conclusions about people because of tweets with zero context and the rest you don’t even know who they are?

Also, Jordan Peterson is one of the most coherent public commentators in a long time, hence his popularity.

As I said with milo; he makes his money off of stuff just like that because it rules up nutty lefties who think he is actually a Nazi.[/
You asked whether I thought those people were right wing etc, I gave an answer.
I ask you questions, you deflect.

Also Milo said that in a private emailt so that excuse doesn’t fly.

Is the British Tory government left wing?
Is claiming multiculturalism equals white genocide a conservative, far right, or fascist position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts