What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Souffs cordial

glossydoll

Juniors
This wold be the worst, most horrible thing to ever happen! Please tell me this is a nightmare and I will wake up and Wayne is still with the Dragons. I will never watch another Russell Robber movie again, I am devastated if this is true.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
No doubt he's a wanted man. He is the hoodo buster. Last I heard he's going to manage the Chicargo Cubs to a World Series.

Big Norm

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
don't be silly.. wayne's following jeremy to the sharks..

TheRev

First Grade
im sure this is how Brisbane fans felt when he came to the Dragons, but yes the last thing we need is Souths or the Sharks playing great football.

Minh

First Grade
It makes me sick to think of it really, but I reckon it could be a real possibility since Souffs were able to hijack Greg Inglis from the Broncs so anything is possible with Wussell pulling the strings, but I'd really doubt Benny would be stupid enough to become Wussells puppet.

Hypothetically I reckon now with GI there and the likes of Sutton and Burgess, Benny would be able to bring along a few Bennett style players punt the overrated Sandow out and make Souffs a genuine premiership threat. It would be a real nightmare come true if that happens, imagine all those Souffs buff heads on the forums if they won it.:x

RedVDave

First Grade
I think Bennett will do one of two things stay at Saints ot go back to Queensland unfortunatley I think the Qld option is more likely, it must be hard living away from his family who are obviously settled up there, whatever he chooses to do though I wish him nothing but the best he has given all of us what we have wanted so, so, so badly for the last 31 years what more can we ask?

Red V Ultras

Juniors
I think Bennett will do one of two things stay at Saints ot go back to Queensland unfortunatley I think the Qld option is more likely, it must be hard living away from his family who are obviously settled up there, whatever he chooses to do though I wish him nothing but the best he has given all of us what we have wanted so, so, so badly for the last 31 years what more can we ask?

The one he took from us in 1993 then were square haha just kidding the guy is a living legend, but it would be freaky if he gets us back to back titles...

Father Ted

First Grade

I think Bennett will do his last year with us and go back home to Queensland , because coaching Souths can ruin even a Legend :lol:

I agree.

He came here, saying he'd stay until we won the comp...well look what hapepend.

I love the bloke as much as we all do, but his job is done. I'd love him to stay and will be devastated if he goes...but whether he stays or goes, i have a feeling we won't have to wait another 31 years to win it again...

st.phil

Bench
This rumour has been going around for a while and was pumped up by jabber jaws crowe mentioning on jay lenos tonight show that the cash they pumped into inglis would have been attributed to coach. Seems strange as Crowe has mountains of moula and coaches are outside the cap.

I cannot see Wayne working with the motley crew of crowe, tallis and mundine. Crowe is a control freak egomaniac, tallis relationship is very sour and mundine is well mundine.

Just cannot see it happening. My money is on re-signing for two more years before an eventual retirement.

This from smh.com.au

'We have a coach … John Lang, who is going to finish out the year then we bring in the new coach the next season,'' Crowe said. ''We had a plan that we were going to put a little bit of extra money aside for that new coach so he had some flexibility under the cap. That's all gone now.''

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
He said he was here until he got the job done. To my knowledge, 'the job' has never been publicly defined.

maybe he's a secret agent, assigned to go after the PM..

it's why he looked so bummed when it was wayne swan at the grand final instead...

bottle

Coach
''We had a plan that we were going to put a little bit of extra money aside for that new coach so he had some flexibility under the cap. That's all gone now.''

I think you'll find the intent of that comment was meant to imply that some funds were being left for the new coach to have some influence in acquiring some new playing talent, not for the coach per se.

On Bennett and Souths. Obviously we can't control what happens, so might as well just enjoy the ride. Been exciting so far, still might get better.
Surely if he does go to Souths Tallis' time there is over. Not that he's a loss.

Russell crowe said they had some money put aside to give new coach in 2012, but with inglis siging, that money is now gone, if they want to sign a new coach it would have to be what john lang is on, because he is leave at end of 2011. Does anyone here think bennett is worth what john lang is worth??? I think not, he will be with saints as long as he sees fit, bennett said himself, he has a job at saints as long as he wants it. In Wayne we TRUST. Off topic, 3 things:
(1) charity shield, if we play this and not the wcc i will be monumentually pissed off!!!

(2) saw on dragons website they have a new 2 dvd set coming out for $29.95 through their website at the moment, behind the scenes in depth look, training, interviews, in depth look at the all the games. If anyone has the victory pack, is the grand final game in it the same as the individual one that came out previous, coz i gave the earlier stand alone version to my brother.

(3) To the clown who started the thread on Cuthbertson not coming to saints, thankyou for jinxing it. Watch bennett transform him like he did with weyman! Again, our motto is: IN WAYNE WE TRUST SAINTS FOREVER!!!!!!

Noons

Dave Q

Coach
To think youse all hated wayne when he stole Tallis.

Youse fickle-minded fiends.

You bunch of hypocritical carry-ons.

Enjoy your time in the sun, its getting cloudy pretty quickly.

One-premiership wowsers.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
To think youse all hated wayne when he stole Tallis.

Youse fickle-minded fiends.

You bunch of hypocritical carry-ons.

Enjoy your time in the sun, its getting cloudy pretty quickly.

One-premiership wowsers.
f**k you...from the way you use the word "youse" I'm guessing you're a Souffs supporter right?

Where did you steal the computer from?

Jealous merkin...go and wank off with your mates over Inglis...

dumb merkin!!!

Minh

First Grade
He's Jeff Fenech's brother," I love youse all", except he's a Souffs supporting Saints hater who is still dillusional after copping a dose of our " Sweet 16", who can blame him 40 years can make you bitter and miserable, especially 40 years of doing pretty much nothing come the business end of the season, therefore the charity shield is pencilled in as a "must see" event.

big pat

Coach
something on fox news last night about inglis still under contract to the storm, what is that all about,.

RAB-161

Juniors
Where is all this hate coming from, gentlemen. I would have thought that after breaking your premiership duck, you would be much more mellow. I also think you may find that Dave Q was pretty much hoping to elicit the exact response that you gave. Well Done!

Latest posts