What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Souffs cordial

smi962

First Grade
Any particular dynasty?:crazy:

South's dynasty will look a little something like this:

dynasty1.jpg

Last edited:

2010Dragons

Bench
That StGeorge do not exist in the NRL is a statement of fact, not an opinion.

RAB-161, the last time i looked.

The RED V still exist ! :D
The DRAGONS still exist ! :D
St George still exist ! :D
And Illawarra has been added to the brand name only.:D

PLus we now have a new born 2010 premiership =sweet 16.:D

Read it and weep ... or just go green with envy like all the other supporters in denial.

Dave Q

Coach
Thanks . Hate explaining the obvious though i

Yes father, I have become very bitter.

I actually think the previous poster was correct, that its Bellamy we are after.

Wayne couldnt do much more than he has done in the game.

If you go back to earlier work from a few years ago, I said that he was the best coach in rugby league history.

To bring you ugly lot home, well, that proves it!

Dave Q

Coach
f**k you...from the way you use the word "youse" I'm guessing you're a Souffs supporter right?

Where did you steal the computer from?

Jealous merkin...go and wank off with your mates over Inglis...

dumb merkin!!!

You Sir, you must be regular partner of Monaghan's Labrador.

You must have been heartbroken by that cruel picture.

Parting your cheeks for Rover wont earn you much Kudos here on Legaue Unlimited ( except if you are Gregstar).

Ask the dog for your collar back....you idiot of the highest order.

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
Dave, your team will be put under the acid test next year and we will find out after the first half of the season or in particular the pointy end of it whether you guys are contenders or pretenders. The pending acquisition of GI will obviously boost your confidence at the same time there will be extra pressure to perform.

My prediction would be that either you guys play really well and may jag a top four berth in a similar style to the Tigers this year or you will suffocate under the extra weight of expectation very similar to Parramatta and the Jarryd Hayne hype and if it's the latter I'm sure you guys will have to brace yourself for more lean times as these premierships are bloody hard to win, especially when your team is in a drought, and Souths is in a massive drought at that.

I believe that you can make the finals in 2011, but would not be at all surprised if you are still inconsistent and miss out.

TheRev

Coach
I'm not sure about the GI Purchase at all.

I guess it'll either give the other players the confidence or fail and chew up a massive chunk of the cap... but I just have a sneaking suspicion that after an initial burst, the best of GI is behind him now that he has left the Storm.

RAB-161

Juniors
RAB-161, the last time i looked.

The RED V still exist ! :D
The DRAGONS still exist ! :D
St George still exist ! :D
And Illawarra has been added to the brand name only.:D

PLus we now have a new born 2010 premiership =sweet 16.:D

Read it and weep ... or just go green with envy like all the other
supporters in denial.

Well you had best look again and face your delusion head on.

Minh

First Grade
Jealous Souffs fans make me laugh, 40 years of doing nothing no wonder you're so bored.

Father Ted

First Grade
Actually Dave I was thinking Matt Head might be worth looking at { at the right price of course ) .

RAB-161

Juniors
Jealous Souffs fans make me laugh, 40 years of doing nothing no wonder you're so bored.
You do have a point. I am definately jealous of your club winnning the premiership. I am simply pointing out that it is a new club where the training facility is in Wollongong the coach lives in Wollongong, the football club offices are in Wollongong, WIN regional TV own 25% of the football club and have naming rights for both home grounds and roughly 95% of all players that you would consider local juniors come from the South Coast. The contribution of the Illawarra side of the merger has been enormous and yet most Sydney based Dragons supporters simply refuse to acknowledge that anything has changed since 1998 and that the club is both officially and undeniably a new entity.

Minh

First Grade
I love it both Kogarah and Woolongong, formerly St George now St George Illawarra same GST (Great St George Team), you're right RAB the Illawarra region is a great nursery for us now thus contributing greatly to our Sweet 16th and it was a beautiful feeling mate it made me feel like a teenager again lol.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
RABies, just in case you're worth the effort and in the interest of giving you the benefit of the doubt, here's the deal...

St George and Illawarra are part of a joint venture. Both clubs still exist as they still have clubhouses and Rugby League Football Clubs. These records still exist. The Joint Venture does not stop that heritage. And it is a heritage that goes back generations when the Illawarra and St George shared the same historical and geographical landscape. We are kindred spirits, regardless of what you try to tell us.

When we won our 16th premiership on October 3rd, 2010, it was acknowledged in print by the national news service (ABC) and even at NRL.com (AAP):

The news editor of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Australia's national news service, ran the headline: "Dragons romp to sweet 16th"

"St George Illawarra has broken a 31-year premiership drought... The Dragons clinched their 16th premiership overall with the club's highest winning score in a grand final," wrote Adrian Crawford of the ABC.

Meanwhile NRL.com, the NRL's official website referred to the victory in equally glowing terms.

"It was the club's first premiership since 1979, its 16th overall," as penned by Doug Conway (AAP).

The St George Leagues Club Journal headlined with 'Sweet Sixteen'.

All common knowledge now.

Plus, if you were at the game (which I'm betting you were not), you would have seen the true passion and relief of the first premiership since 1979. St George and Illawarra supporters getting right into it. Even the ground announcer announced it as the first premiership in 31 years.

I know this upsets a lot of opposition supporters, and the so-called official record kepper, but that's your problem. We know it, and the moral majority know it too.

So who are you to judge?

Dave Q

Coach
RABies, just in case you're worth the effort and in the interest of giving you the benefit of the doubt, here's the deal...

St George and Illawarra are part of a joint venture. Both clubs still exist as they still have clubhouses and Rugby League Football Clubs. These records still exist. The Joint Venture does not stop that heritage. And it is a heritage that goes back generations when the Illawarra and St George shared the same historical and geographical landscape. We are kindred spirits, regardless of what you try to tell us.

When we won our 16th premiership on October 3rd, 2010, it was acknowledged in print by the national news service (ABC) and even at NRL.com (AAP):

The news editor of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Australia's national news service, ran the headline: "Dragons romp to sweet 16th"

"St George Illawarra has broken a 31-year premiership drought... The Dragons clinched their 16th premiership overall with the club's highest winning score in a grand final," wrote Adrian Crawford of the ABC.

Meanwhile NRL.com, the NRL's official website referred to the victory in equally glowing terms.

"It was the club's first premiership since 1979, its 16th overall," as penned by Doug Conway (AAP).

Plus, if you were at the game (which I'm betting you were not), you would have seen the true passion and relief of the first premiership since 1979. St George and Illawarra supporters getting right into it. Even the ground announcer announced it as the first premiership in 31 years.

I know this upsets a lot of opposition supporters, and the so-called official record kepper, but that's your problem. We know it, and the moral majority know it too.

So who are you to judge?

I think this should be in the chokers thread.

For what its worth, on any objective measure, I thought he strapped up a fairly compelling argument.

Trouble is, under no circumstances, will anybody here listen to him.

But calling him "Rabies' wasnt very nice, methinks youre under massive siege Mr Willow!!

At the end of the day, I dare say, he is as fit to judge as you are.

People can and will, most of the time, for better or worse, believe what they wish to.

1 for Rabies and I, 16 for others here. Maybe we can settle on 8th!

Last edited:

RAB-161

Juniors

So who are you to judge?
You have done an exceptional job of making my point for me.
I am not judging , I am stating the facts. The same facts as the "so called" official record keeper.
Having more than one person say the same thing does not change the truth and I think you have acknowledged that by stating that records will show that this is the inaugural premiership of the St.George-Illawarra club.

Red V Ultras

Juniors
Souffs are sh1t and all your supporters have their front teeth missing losers. When will you guys be playing at your home games at the famous redfern oval? During the trials eh, how many people does it fit 280? It's homebush souff Sydney your home stadium your f**king dronks and share the dressing rooms with tigers and bulldogs you tight asses.

Not even the with the best forward pack you came close to worrying the Dragons, your sh1t club has don e nothing in 40 years now with GI you dopes better perform top 4 at least as the pressure mounts from here let's see if Souffs can deliver.

Latest posts